Electric Vehicles in Thailand

1 minute ago, motdaeng said:

and a service network isn't yet in place (?). i'm curious to see how well it will sell 

That's why we stuck with the MG we ordered, as BYD ATTO 3 was just hitting Thailand.  BYD certainly has set up a massive amount of dealers in a short time.  GWM also.

Seeing and driving the daughter's Atto, still happy with our choice.  Would have stuck with the ZS if we had test drove the Atto back then.

Driver's seat is definitely made for a smaller frame, and I'm not large, 175cm / 80kg.   Very nice car though, would definitely recommend anyone in the market to give a test drive.

• Agree 1

I guess you have to be very carefully when buying a EV with all this new Manufacturers coming from China, at the end only some few will survive.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, UWEB said:

I guess you have to be very carefully when buying a EV with all this new Manufacturers coming from China, at the end only some few will survive.

i agree with you to a certain extent. many ev brands available in thailand today are in china

well-established, larger companies that are unlikely to disappear from the global market anytime soon.

however, i do see a correction coming for the thai market. luxury and high-end ev cars, especially those

with a presence in bangkok, will likely remain. but other brands that have only half-heartedly built a

dealer network and offer only a few vehicles in the mid-range or lower price segments will, in my opinion,

face ignificant challenges in the future ev thai market.

currently, there are around 15-25 new ev car companies that have launched in thailand over just a few years.

in my opinion, that's simply too many.

14 hours ago, motdaeng said:

currently, there are around 15-25 10-15 new ev car companies that have launched in thailand over just a few years.

in my opinion, that's simply too many.

i tried to list the car brands in thailand where you can buy a bev (battery electric vehicle)!

the list is certainly not complete ...

mercedes-benz     porsche     audi     bmw     mini    volvo     mg     nissan     volkswagen     ford     lexus    hyundai
tesla     byd     gwm     aion     neta     hozon     xpeng     omoda jaecoo    geely     vinfast     deepal    avatr    zeekr
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

i tried to list the car brands in thailand where you can buy a bev (battery electric vehicle)!

mercedes-benz     porsche     audi     bmw     mini    volvo     mg     nissan     volkswagen     ford     lexus    hyundai
tesla     byd     gwm     aion     neta     hozon     xpeng     omoda jaecoo    geely     vinfast     deepal    avatr    zeekr

I see VinFast disappearing first, they are horrible cars.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'd stick with ...

... MG, no surprise there

... BYD

... GWM

... NETA 

Practical & affordable, with plenty of models to chose from.  Sure to be around for at least the next 10 yrs, if not forever.  Established or establishing a good network.

Tesla, if wanting that name thingy, at a price.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Hyundai IONIQ 5 Price reduction ฿60,000 ฿1,699,000 - ฿1,829,000

800V 72.6 kWh

Charge DC 350 kW

Range 481 km. (WLTP)

IMG_6856.thumb.jpeg.9bbc5dd4fc761f6674066590dbeb063a.jpeg

Very nice 👍

6 hours ago, motdaeng said:

+

26. Honda

27. Toyota 

28. Ora

29. ChangAn

30. Wuling 

31. Foton

32. Volt

33. DFSK

34. NEX

35. Mine Mobility

36. KIA

37. Fomm One

38. Pocco 

39. JAC

40. Skywell 

41. BOMA 

42. Nextem 

43. Rolls-Royce 

44. Sokon 

45. Takano 

46. Kinzan 

47. Fengchi 

48. KYC

49. Aiways 

50. Homidda 

51. Jiayuan

Let the culling begin....

Geely is not here yet, but will be from October. 

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

Update: my Car Scanner Pro Android app and my OBD2 dongle now display traction SOH for my Atto.   Over the last few days the app apparently updated its connection profile file (i.e., driver) for my Atto.   After 10 months and 19,458km of driving the traction battery's SOH is 95.88%.  

I now need to determine how often and what triggers a SOH update.   I first noticed the SOH availability mid day when charging to 100% at a ReverSharger DC charger....filling up with some free electrons since my Atto gets free charging till 3 Jan 2025 under the current BYD charging promotion.   This evening after burning off the charge down to around 80% I charged to 100% again with my home wall charger....I wanted to see if the SOH might update/change every time a person charges to 100%.   But it did not update/change....SOH didn't change even a tiny bit..it remained 95.88% 

At this point in time I'm going to guess the SOH will only update when letting the battery drop to 10% or less charge which triggers a charge now warning....and a person is also suppose to let the charge to drop to 10% or less followed by a charge to 100% every 3 o 6 months as this recalibrates the BMS charge measuring/indication system.   

I will update once I figure out what & when a SOH update is triggered.

Which OBD dongle? And App (apple available I hope) I want to order one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pib said:

Update: my Car Scanner Pro Android app and my OBD2 dongle now display traction SOH for my Atto.   Over the last few days the app apparently updated its connection profile file (i.e., driver) for my Atto.   After 10 months and 19,458km of driving the traction battery's SOH is 95.88%.  

I now need to determine how often and what triggers a SOH update.   I first noticed the SOH availability mid day when charging to 100% at a ReverSharger DC charger....filling up with some free electrons since my Atto gets free charging till 3 Jan 2025 under the current BYD charging promotion.   This evening after burning off the charge down to around 80% I charged to 100% again with my home wall charger....I wanted to see if the SOH might update/change every time a person charges to 100%.   But it did not update/change....SOH didn't change even a tiny bit..it remained 95.88% 

At this point in time I'm going to guess the SOH will only update when letting the battery drop to 10% or less charge which triggers a charge now warning....and a person is also suppose to let the charge to drop to 10% or less followed by a charge to 100% every 3 o 6 months as this recalibrates the BMS charge measuring/indication system....the last time I did a recalibration was about a month ago.

I did that, (Dec 13) let it go down to 9 %, then back to 100 %, and recovered a couple kms.  Different afterwards from car's guestimate, before 9 - 100 % charge.   No meter of sorts, just what the car told me (MG ZS).

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Getting to know some of the new cars coming to Thailand by comparison with a car we all know very well

IMG_6860.thumb.jpeg.0877d8b8fbf274d6e866026a5b415c55.jpeg

But the Depal S07 is a real lemon when it comes to DC charging, all style and no substance:

DC 87 kW
(20%-80% SOC)
47 min
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, Pib said:

At this point in time I'm going to guess the SOH will only update when letting the battery drop to 10% or less charge which triggers a charge now warning....and a person is also suppose to let the charge to drop to 10% or less followed by a charge to 100% every 3 o 6 months as this recalibrates the BMS charge measuring/indication system....the last time I did a recalibration was about a month ago.

That would be shocking if your SOH dropped to 95% after only a few months of usage - something in that reading got to be wrong.

Or you are doing everything wrong in your charging practice?

Edited by mistral53
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

That would be shocking if your SOH dropped to 95% after only a few months of usage - something in that reading got to be wrong.

Or you are doing everything wrong in your charging practice?

No....that drop seems to be typical based on my googling/youtubing as lithium type batteries typically show a 3 to 5% drop during their first year of use and then that decline slows down greatly/flatten out over the coming years.   Do not think that a battery's SOH is a linear drop over time.

For example, take a look at this youtube video.

Edited by Pib
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, marino28 said:

Interesting discount for the MG ZS ev

https://autolifethailand.tv/official-discount-mg-zs-ev-july2024/

That’s great value for a 50kWh car

IMG_1826.jpeg.06c4cadf15767f5d12ef236d860a7713.jpeg

I put a deposit down on one in 2019 when it was ฿1.1m and had a 44kWh battery, half the price of the Nissan Leaf at the time.

Unfortunately the company chosen by MG to install the free wall box refused to install for me as I had solar “solar no good”