Electric Vehicles in Thailand

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I feel the same about USA :cheesy:

And ... China already is 'THE WORLD POWER' :coffee1:

Well China's powerful but to say that they are the world's power I think is a great exaggeration. They have a handful of deep sea ports and they have no deep sea Navy thus far. The US has the most powerful deep sea Navy on the planet and far more deep sea ports around the world. 

The other big factor is that they're very afraid of having their currency traded outside of China, and therefore it's not a negotiable currency around the world. They will never be a major player until they give up that intense need for control. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well China's powerful but to say that they are the world's power I think is a great exaggeration. They have a handful of deep sea ports and they have no deep sea Navy thus far. The US has the most powerful deep sea Navy on the planet and far more deep sea ports around the world. 

The other big factor is that they're very afraid of having their currency traded outside of China, and therefore it's not a negotiable currency around the world. They will never be a major player until they give up that intense need for control. 

Not talking about military strength.  USA has more, but is scattered all over, so not that practical.  Along with advance supersonic missiles.

I'm talking about economic power.  Stop supplying USA & EU with grid components, shut down microchip production ... remember covid and parts shortages.   The world depends on CH, but CH doesn't depend on USA or EU.  Asia, SEA & BRICS will supply what's needed and buy what's made.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Still banging on about that? Did your boyfriend run away with someone who drives an MG? Did you lose a drag race to one in your crappy Transam? Something triggers you about MGs specifically. Have you spoken to anyone about this? There is help available. #prayfortransam

Blimey, whose upset you today............😂

But, none of that rubbish means anything to me, my only bit of fun here, is a 100% Chinese ride with a British bought brand name quoting performance since 1924......🤣

Now take a note of that for future reference.......😋

Though I did have a real MG, 1964 MGB Roadster, I really liked it

As for the Trans, I think 4 second 0-60 mph would be way out of an MGB league...:clap2:

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Blimey, whose upset you today............😂

But, none of that rubbish means anything to me, my only bit of fun here, is a 100% Chinese ride with a British bought brand name quoting performance since 1924......🤣

Now take a note of that for future reference.......😋

Though I did have a real MG, 1964 MGB Roadster, I really liked it

Just pulling your leg as I know you can take it.

As for the Trans, I think 4 second 0-60 mph would be way out of an MGB league...:clap2:

An MGB, yes. But not an MG4 X Power or an MG Cyberster.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Just pulling your leg as I know you can take it.

An MGB, yes. But not an MG4 X Power or an MG Cyberster.

No idea, the Trans is well over 60 year old technology, though......😋

But even with that, the street Trans run 11.5 @ 121mph on the quarter........🤗

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

China doesn’t have deep sea ports all over the world because they don’t want to exert control or dominance, unlike the US.

Very simply, between China and the US at the moment, which country is involved in both major wars happening? Hint (since you only get your information from MSM): it’s not China

Let things play out and see if China becomes a true world leader, at that time and only at that time will you be able to make a correct determination as to what China's intentions are. I believe they are aggressive, and not to be trusted, obviously you don't. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Let things play out and see if China becomes a true world leader, at that time and only at that time will you be able to make a correct determination as to what China's intentions are. I believe they are aggressive, and not to be trusted, obviously you don't. 

I think that's true of all nations, but so far it's only the superpowers that are able to do anything about it, and the real masters at this are the US.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Even modern American cars run 60 year old technology. The ICE hasn't really changed much since they were invented, although improvements in efficiency have been made the basic inefficient principal has not.

Some of us prefer to move with the times - although yeah, I am a hypocrite as I have two ICEVs and no EVs. I do appreciate the fact that EVs are far more advanced and modern though, shame you can't see that.

Oh, you mean modern ones have pistons too, riiiiight, so did a Morris 1000.......🤭

You will be surprised at what I see........😉

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, transam said:

Oh, you mean modern ones have pistons too, riiiiight, so did a Morris 1000.......🤭

You will be surprised at what I see........😉

Apart from the Wankel, yes they all have pistons. Point being?

I actually think the Wankel is a pretty cool design and I applaud Mazda for using it - the RX7 is one of my all time favourite cars. The RX8, meh. Although, like all ICEs, it is deeply flawed and inefficient.

Edited by josephbloggs

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Apart from the Wankel, yes they all have pistons. Point being?

I actually think the Wankel is a pretty cool design and I applaud Mazda for using it - the RX7 is one of my all time favourite cars. The RX8, meh. Although, like all ICEs, it is deeply flawed and inefficient.

Your point............:saai:...............:post-4641-1156694572:

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

er.......I was replying to you when you hinted that you see something special, or magical engines without pistons. Maybe you were just being a wankel.

I think you are just confusing yourself and readers....................🤗

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

EV mating season. 

GLvWZtjbcAAPvIh.jpeg

Tesla has been ordered to recall nearly 4,000 of its Cybertrucks due to an accelerator pedal that can stick in place when pressed down.

The cause, according to the regulator: soap.

“An unapproved change introduced lubricant (soap) to aid in the component assembly of the pad onto the accelerator pedal. Residual lubricant reduced the retention of the pad to the pedal,” the NHTSA wrote in the recall document.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/19/business/tesla-cybertruck-recall/index.html#:~:text=Tesla

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Tesla has been ordered to recall nearly 4,000 of its Cybertrucks due to an accelerator pedal that can stick in place when pressed down.

The cause, according to the regulator: soap.

“An unapproved change introduced lubricant (soap) to aid in the component assembly of the pad onto the accelerator pedal. Residual lubricant reduced the retention of the pad to the pedal,” the NHTSA wrote in the recall document.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/19/business/tesla-cybertruck-recall/index.html#:~:text=Tesla

Sounds like a regular service item to be adhered too............😱

Seems not only battery life to worry about...........🤭

20230621_071839.thumb.jpg.a53510adb3d28363564c9420ba2f0c0f.jpg

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

It's a work in progress ... 

"

Thai Smile will expand its fleet of electric buses to 3,100 to cover a total of 122 routes this year, they said. It currently has 1,250 electric buses operating on 71 routes.

The BMTA, a loss-making state enterprise, had 119 public bus routes in Bangkok and its vicinity with a total of 2,885 vehicles and 12,671 employees as of August 31 last year.

Under a reform of bus routes, the Department of Land Transport granted permission to private operators to use electric vehicles on 77 new routes in the greater Bangkok metropolitan area. Thai Smile won the right to operate 71 of the routes while two other operators received permits for the remaining routes.

Thai Smile also supplied electric buses to other private bus operators on 45 of 53 routes that had used diesel-powered buses, the company said."

Add those to the E-MV on some smaller canals, and the larger 150/250 psgr boats plowing the Chao Phraya river routs, and Krung Thep is getting there.   Slow but steady progress ... 👍

Bit of fine Thai nonsense journalism from the Nation.

Since when is going from 1,250 to 3,100 nearly double? It is more than double!!

"Thai Smile Bus will nearly double the number of its electric buses as it aims to overtake the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority..."

The Thai Smile electric busses charge 15 baht, where everyone else, aka diesel busses, charge 8-13 baht. 

"provide a cheaper transport alternative for commuters, he said."

But, whatever, the electric busses are nice and hopefully soon they will replace all the older busses.

I spoke to one of the bus drivers and he said they have lots of problems, mostly software errors, so not an easy transition. 

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

20230621_071839.thumb.jpg.a53510adb3d28363564c9420ba2f0c0f.jpg

Bit of fine Thai nonsense journalism from the Nation.

Since when is going from 1,250 to 3,100 nearly double? It is more than double!!

"Thai Smile Bus will nearly double the number of its electric buses as it aims to overtake the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority..."

The Thai Smile electric busses charge 15 baht, where everyone else, aka diesel busses, charge 8-13 baht. 

But, whatever, the electric busses are nice and hopefully soon they will replace all the older busses.

I spoke to one of the bus drivers and he said they have lots of problems, mostly software errors, so not an easy transition. 

Not air-conditioned I don't think...

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

I see Thai Smile EV buses all over Bangkok....I'm sure they are air conditioned as I've never seen one with any windows down....the passengers look very comfortable.  I seriously doubt any new bus bought in the last decade came without A/C.  

Inside/riding in a Thai Smile EV

I was responding to the portion of the post I bolded: 

The Thai Smile electric busses charge 15 baht, where everyone else, aka diesel busses, charge 8-13 baht. 

I do not think the diesel busses are air conditioned for that price, and assuming the E-busses are would make them a bargain. 

• Like 1