Electric Vehicles in Thailand

6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Nobody minds people wanting to learn, but that is not you four

We understand, you don't like questions they may corner you............:coffee1:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Actually, I do enjoy their trolling, especially when accompanied with inaccurate and/or ignorant comments.

Keep up the good work boys.

G-man is the man, we are staying.

Here is a bit of factual information:  China 🇨🇳 is sitting on 10 million of un-needed vehicle production capacity. 

Expect more discounts and price wars on all vehicle types. The next few years will be golden times to buy a new car 🚗

New York Times (Free): https://archive.ph/4jCiQ

GL5kvaVWEAABtw9.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pib said:

Above NY Times article is really good...points out a lot key info.  Yeap, big-time overcapacity in China for ICEV/EV...surely more price-cutting to come on all types of vehicles.   I think the article's subtitle (quoted below) sums it up.    

Over capacity increases costs. 

8 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It will increase sunk cost, but that is OK 👍

The Chinese are losing money on every vehicle sold, but make it up on volume.....and state subsidies. 

sunkcost_definition_final_0916-edit-1451cc6b7da6495d8356ae391a231d5c.jpg

Atrue believer in bidenomics... 555... I you are losing on every unit and you sell more units... you are not making anything "up"... you are losing more... subsidies are the reappropriation of moneys taken from the citizens to support a failed state program... it is not profit.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Atrue believer in bidenomics... 555... I you are losing on every unit and you sell more units... you are not making anything "up"... you are losing more... subsidies are the reappropriation of moneys taken from the citizens to support a failed state program... it is not profit.

They could also just continue to lose money 💰 until they go out of business and we can all live happily ever after 😊

https://www.scmp.com/business/china-business/article/3260236/goldman-sachs-says-escalating-price-war-chinas-ev-market-could-ensnare-byd-push-sector-losses?campaign=3260236&module=perpetual_scroll_0&pgtype=article

Isn't this exactly what @KhunLA has been looking for?

....cut the price of its Li Mega multipurpose minivan by 30,000 yuan, or 5.4 per cent, to 529,800 yuan. Launched in March this year, the fully-electric minivan described by its maker as being essentially a “mobile home” is designed to cater to the travel demands of wealthy families and is fitted with a refrigerator and a sofa.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

They could also just continue to lose money 💰 until they go out of business and we can all live happily ever after 😊

https://www.scmp.com/business/china-business/article/3260236/goldman-sachs-says-escalating-price-war-chinas-ev-market-could-ensnare-byd-push-sector-losses?campaign=3260236&module=perpetual_scroll_0&pgtype=article

Isn't this exactly what @KhunLA has been looking for?

....cut the price of its Li Mega multipurpose minivan by 30,000 yuan, or 5.4 per cent, to 529,800 yuan. Launched in March this year, the fully-electric minivan described by its maker as being essentially a “mobile home” is designed to cater to the travel demands of wealthy families and is fitted with a refrigerator and a sofa.

That's a bit pricey for my O&A budget.   ~฿3M ... That's a lot nights at hotels.

... "Li Auto has priced its multipurpose vehicle (MPV) at 559,800 yuan"

And that's the price in CH.   

฿3M / ฿2K = 1500 nights at hotel

If 100 nights O&A, per year, that's 15 years of hotels.

Or a decent condo in Krung Thep, and can hang out with daughter half a year, non smog season.   And that would appreciate.  There's that long game again, good for wife & kid at least.

Edited by KhunLA

23 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Jeez, the barrel scraping continues. Let's compare profit per sale of a Rolex vs a Casio. A Gucci handbag vs a M&S handbag. A trip on the Orient Express vs a taxi. 

Why on earth would you expect a low priced, high volume, mass market product to be as profitable as an infinitely more expensive, high value, limited production luxury product?

You really are out of ideas and are beginning to look silly, sorry. I had hopes you were coming around and being more reasonable recently but you've just taken ten steps back with this ridiculous comparison - I have no idea what you are trying to prove. Idiotic comparison and it reflects poorly on you.

You mean cheap products like BYD with 1.5% margin high value products like GM making 5% and Tesla making 16%? 

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I went from a new 2019 Benz to a new 2024 BYD and the BYD is much better in terms of build quality and materials. 

Only thing it lacks imo is the UX of the Benz MBUX system, which was best in class when I bought the car. 

Where did you find a new 2019 benz in 2024? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

China tramples on the rights of protesters, arresting hundreds of students including Professors at various campuses around the country.

Oh, wait.. I think I inserted the wrong link…

Kent State ... shhh