Electric Vehicles in Thailand

11 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Very Clever by Xiaomi, they will undoubtedly get a significant revenue stream from this:

I have dozens of Xiaomi smart home gadgets, they are well made and excellent value for money.

I agree @mistral53 that Xiaomi car owners will definitely want to customize their cars, you just need to look at the Tesla aftermarket for programmable buttons etc

IMG_1620.jpeg.9354ea2393ab9230e2fccddef869e0bd.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

I have dozens of Xiaomi smart home gadgets, they are well made and excellent value for money.

I agree @mistral53 that Xiaomi car owners will definitely want to customize their cars, you just need to look at the Tesla aftermarket for programmable buttons etc

IMG_1620.jpeg.9354ea2393ab9230e2fccddef869e0bd.jpeg

Also a Xiaomi fan; phones, drone, air purifiers, action cameras, power bank, headphones, TDS meter.   If having a choice, will usually pick Xiaomi product over other, if priced the same.  Xiaomi usually less expensive anyway.  

All have functioned as described, and some years old, and still going strong.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

China tramples on the rights of protesters, arresting hundreds of students including Professors at various campuses around the country.

Oh, wait.. I think I inserted the wrong link…

The primary difference being that these guys will be released in a few days, in China they would either be executed, sent to a labor camp, or they would have their organs harvested. Just to subtle difference. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

What complete and utter nonsense. Your brain washing is incredible.

Oh, I forgot. They are open to criticism, allow protests and are very kind with the fines and hand slapping. True benevolence. Who is brainwashed? 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The debate is officially over and I have found some unequivocal proof that EV are superior to ICEVs.

Thanks to EV owners penny-pinching and general energy saving nature, combined with EV's speed sensitive range, EVs will never have to contribute to the local speed tax.

A big shout-out to SeñorLA's, @KhunLA local law enforcement agency for catching these pesky CO2 spreading ICE law breakers 👍

Now I am offended .. :cheesy:

... I prefer, researching, intellectual, thrifty spender :coffee1:

On topic (as always) ... daughter checked out the BYD Dolphin, and not impressed at all.  Ordered the Atto 3 instead.   Anyone want a POS Mazda 2 (2012 (?) with less the 200k kms on it, that occasionally turns itself off, for no reason that 2 Mazda dealers can't figure out.   Only 100k baht, (what she got offered) well care for, except that little issue, if you can figure it out.  She's in Krung Thep, act fast.

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The debate is officially over and I have found some unequivocal proof that EV are superior to ICEVs.

Thanks to EV owners penny-pinching and general energy saving nature, combined with EV's speed sensitive range, EVs will never have to contribute to the local speed tax.

A big shout-out to SeñorLA's, @KhunLA local law enforcement agency for catching these pesky CO2 spreading ICE law breakers 👍

Screenshot_20240428_150054_Gallery.jpg

Must be those "go-faster stickers", EV owners don't need them, they are already hyperfast.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Poor reporting.

Errors include,

ORA Good Cat is not the cheapest EV sold here made in Thailand, The Neta V is.

Hertz did not rid of their EV fleet, they got rid of "some" of it.

I Agree Poor Reporting as they don't know the difference between sales and registrations

There are no tracking of sales

Indeed, January 2024 began well. EV sales for the month came to 13,653 new cars. In turn, this was 20.5% of what was already a depressed car market this year in Thailand.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2024/04/26/sales-of-ev-cars-fell-in-thailand-in-february-and-march-2024/

January figures of 13,653 registrations are December 2023 sales

BYD report sales of 37,000 for the whole of 2023 however if you exclude December sales that figure drops to 29,000 

23 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I Agree Poor Reporting as they don't know the difference between sales and registrations

There are no tracking of sales

Indeed, January 2024 began well. EV sales for the month came to 13,653 new cars. In turn, this was 20.5% of what was already a depressed car market this year in Thailand.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2024/04/26/sales-of-ev-cars-fell-in-thailand-in-february-and-march-2024/

January figures of 13,653 registrations are December 2023 sales

BYD report sales of 37,000 for the whole of 2023 however if you exclude December sales that figure drops to 29,000 

Did you mean...

Indeed, January 2024 began well. EV sales registrations for the month came to 13,653 new cars. In turn, this was 20.5% of what was already a depressed car market this year in Thailand.

January figures of 13,653 registrations are mostly December 2023 sales

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Did you mean...

Indeed, January 2024 began well. EV sales registrations for the month came to 13,653 new cars. In turn, this was 20.5% of what was already a depressed car market this year in Thailand.

January figures of 13,653 registrations are mostly December 2023 sales

January figures of 13,653 registrations are December 2023 sales likewise

February registrations  (January Sales ) for  EV's were 3,635

March  registrations ( February Sales ) for EV's were 5,001

April  registrations ( March Sales ) for EV's currently unknown as figures will be released in May 

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

January figures of 13,653 registrations are December 2023 sales likewise

February registrations  (January Sales ) for  EV's were 3,635

March  registrations ( February Sales ) for EV's were 5,001

April  registrations ( March Sales ) for EV's currently unknown as figures will be released in May 

I disagree.  A car bought in early February could well appear in February registrations.  Chiang Rai runs 2-3 weeks lead time in issuing Tabien Rot.

I do agree that a months registrations are mostly the previous month's sales.

Guys I will also like to point out that in the near future there will be new brands that will sell electric car in Thailand .

i am interested in particolare at zeekr and xpeng. So there will be more competition than now. 

There will be also more models from Byd and other brands. We are just at the beginning 

Edited by marino28
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I disagree.  A car bought in early February could well appear in February registrations.  Chiang Rai runs 2-3 weeks lead time in issuing Tabien Rot.

I do agree that a months registrations are mostly the previous month's sales.

My point is that you can't have double dipping using registration figures for sales figures

Total number of EV registrations for 2024 to date  is 22,289 however 

Total number of EV sales for 2024 to date is 8,636

https://autolifethailand.tv/ev-register-march-2024-thailand/

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

My point is that you can't have double dipping using registration figures for sales figures

Total number of EV registrations for 2024 to date  is 22,289 however 

Total number of EV sales for 2024 to date is 8,636

https://autolifethailand.tv/ev-register-march-2024-thailand/

The only reliable figure we can work with is registrations.

Sales is whatever the dealer or manufacturer says they are and completely untrustworthy.

It's interesting to compare bookings at motor shows, but it's completely unreliable and open to overstatement.

46 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

The only reliable figure we can work with is registrations.

Sales is whatever the dealer or manufacturer says they are and completely untrustworthy.

It's interesting to compare bookings at motor shows, but it's completely unreliable and open to overstatement.

The Government wants high reservations numbers at the Motor show as it shows a reflection of the current economy and  they believe that investors will invest more if the reservations numbers at the Motor show are High

However there are other sections of the  Government that want those  high reservations numbers only to be converted into registrations if the buyers can afford it and currently don't have a high outstanding household debt

I think the BYD  reservations numbers were accurate as they stated before the motor show started they had a stock  of 7,000 2023 models  and the final numbers were approx 5,000 reservations

reservations deposits were between B1,000-B10,000

I expect that the 53,438 total motor show reservations which include 17,517 ev registrations will be reduced by 50% over the registrations months of May for end of March  motor show reservations and June  registrations for April  motor show reservations assuming that the vehicles with the exception of BYD 2023 models weren't in stock at the time of the reservation

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=814645387366565&id=100064633334264&set=a.513637977467309

• Thumbs Up 1

Sales of D-Segment in March 2024

BYD Seal won the champion in total 295 cars, market share 32.6% followed by Honda Accord 291 cars, Toyota Camry, end of market age, ending with ORA 07 / Deepal L07

SalesofD-SegmentinMarch67.thumb.jpg.76642ad350134f816f4e289548488154.jpg

• Like 1