Electric Vehicles in Thailand

Xpeng CEO says he welcomes Tesla to bring FSD to China

https://cnevpost.com/2024/04/29/xpeng-ceo-welcomes-tesla-fsd-china/

The Chinese EV industry welcomes any competition enthusiastically, conversely - US and European car companies are petrified of the Chinese competing in their markets, how odd!

'Tesla has great autonomous driving technology and brand, and only with the entry of more good products and technology can the whole market and customers have a better experience, Xpeng CEO said.'

What an odd concept to think that additional competition will benefit the customer - that is hilarious! As some posters on here cant repeat enough, they rather pay companies to enrich themselves instead of taking advantage of the rapidly expanding attractive products from China.

Yup - TSLA up 11%..........on a wing and a prayer!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Xpeng CEO says he welcomes Tesla to bring FSD to China

https://cnevpost.com/2024/04/29/xpeng-ceo-welcomes-tesla-fsd-china/

The Chinese EV industry welcomes any competition enthusiastically, conversely - US and European car companies are petrified of the Chinese competing in their markets, how odd!

'Tesla has great autonomous driving technology and brand, and only with the entry of more good products and technology can the whole market and customers have a better experience, Xpeng CEO said.'

What an odd concept to think that additional competition will benefit the customer - that is hilarious! As some posters on here cant repeat enough, they rather pay companies to enrich themselves instead of taking advantage of the rapidly expanding attractive products from China.

Yup - TSLA up 11%..........on a wing and a prayer!

In much the same way that Romans welcomed Christians to compete. 

On 4/2/2024 at 9:52 AM, Pib said:

Here you go: 28 registered for March compared to 26 in February.

image.png.efe8d6fc76a7791fff39c645c533cb45.png

@Pib can you have a look at the Ciaz numbers again when they are out? Also the January number if possible. 

Ciaz registration 2024:

January: 

February: 26

March: 28

April: 

This is to track the very generous discount by Suzuki. 

Screenshot_20240313_100719_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a84596b309a04a026dfa42e6de5ffdf8.jpg

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

@Pib can you have a look at the Ciaz numbers again when they are out? Also the January number if possible. 

Ciaz registration 2024:

January: 

April: 

Screenshot_20240313_100719_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a84596b309a04a026dfa42e6de5ffdf8.jpg

I'm surprised they sold so few at that price.  When announced, I was keeping my eyes open for them, and haven't seen a one.   As daughter was needing a new car, and that seemed better than their Celerio (get what you pay for)  & Swift, (overpriced styling), so thought maybe a boring salon at that price might be a decent value.  Still yet to see one.

Posted earlier, she peeked at the BYD Dolphin but wasn't impressed, and ordered an Atto 3 instead.

Doing some peeking, and seems a couple countries have discontinued making the Ciaz.  Maybe Suzuki TH is just getting rid of stock.

Suzuki departed China

Indonesia ... "Due to poor sales, Suzuki stopped sending Ciaz to dealers since December 2017."

Philippines ... "In March 2022, the Ciaz was discontinued"

You really have to look under the hood now of days, as legacy dealers may not be what you expected.   Toyota & Suzuki have a very close relationship, unfortunately for Suzuki, as their BEV was Toyota's 'wheels falling off' model, hopefully rectified.

"Toyota Belta

The Indian-made Ciaz has been sold under Toyota badge as the Toyota Belta in African countries such as Egypt since November 2021. The "Belta" nameplate was previously used for the Japanese domestic market XP90 Toyota Yaris sedan/Vios"

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Ciaz registration 2024:

January: 

April: 

March figures for B segment No EVs listed so maybe a market segment opportunity.

ECO / B-Seg Sedan sales summary Q1 2024 (Jan-Mar 67) : Toyota Yaris ATIV dominates 11,248 cars, market share 54.0% followed by Honda City - MG 5.

Car sales ECO Car / B-Segment Sedan January - March 67 total 20,840 cars.

- Number 1 Toyota Yaris ATIV : 11,248 cars
Market share 54.0%

- 2nd Honda City : 4,892 cars
Market share 23.5%

- Rank 3 MG 5 : 1,289 cars
Market share 6.2%

- Rank 4 Nissan Almera : 1,076 cars
Market share 5.2%

- Rank 4 Mitsubishi Attrage : 1,076 cars
Market share 5.2%

- Rank 6 Mazda 2 Sedan : 641 cars
Market share 3.1%

- Rank 7 Suzuki Ciaz : 618 cars
Market share 3.0%

Read information. Summary of sales ECO / B-Seg Sedan for March 67 here. https://autolifethailand.tv/sales-report-eco-b-seg-sedan-mar-2024/

IMG_1628.thumb.jpeg.cb5650f3b6ad44f114ad72ff376d4d7a.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

March figures for B segment No EVs listed so maybe a market segment opportunity.

ECO / B-Seg Sedan sales summary Q1 2024 (Jan-Mar 67) : Toyota Yaris ATIV dominates 11,248 cars, market share 54.0% followed by Honda City - MG 5.

Car sales ECO Car / B-Segment Sedan January - March 67 total 20,840 cars.

- Number 1 Toyota Yaris ATIV : 11,248 cars
Market share 54.0%

- 2nd Honda City : 4,892 cars
Market share 23.5%

- Rank 3 MG 5 : 1,289 cars
Market share 6.2%

- Rank 4 Nissan Almera : 1,076 cars
Market share 5.2%

- Rank 4 Mitsubishi Attrage : 1,076 cars

Market share 5.2%

- Rank 6 Mazda 2 Sedan : 641 cars
Market share 3.1%

- Rank 7 Suzuki Ciaz : 618 cars
Market share 3.0%

Read information. Summary of sales ECO / B-Seg Sedan for March 67 here. https://autolifethailand.tv/sales-report-eco-b-seg-sedan-mar-2024/

IMG_1628.thumb.jpeg.cb5650f3b6ad44f114ad72ff376d4d7a.jpeg

When reviewing the DLT data for Jan-Mar 2024 (2567) (I downloaded it again today....it only shows 28 CIaz's being registered in March 2024 vs the 592 shown in above article.   I wonder which data is out in left field/incorrect.   I know Suzuki had a promotion for the Ciaz (just like many brands has big promotions going on), but going from 6 sold in Feb to 592 sold in Mar sounds dubious to me

image.png.2b76b946da1bbb87c40932229753751d.png

image.png.27da6270de296eee359b79e8bb809440.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

When reviewing the DLT data for Jan-Mar 2024 (2567) (I downloaded it again today....it only shows 28 CIaz's being registered in March 2024 vs the 592 shown in above article.   I wonder which data is out in left field/incorrect.   I know Suzuki had a promotion for the Ciaz (just like many brands has big promotions going on), but going from 6 sold in Feb to 592 sold in Mar sounds dubious to me

image.png.2b76b946da1bbb87c40932229753751d.png

image.png.27da6270de296eee359b79e8bb809440.png

Autolife are sales numbers, right?

What matters are the registrations numbers you pull from the DLT site.

With 592 Ciaz sales in March, we could see 3-400 registration in April.

When are the previous month's data usually available? 2nd or 3rd day of the month?

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

When are the previous month's data usually available? 2nd or 3rd day of the month?

If must be some type of "sales/bookings" numbers that AutoLife collects (dreams up) somehow vs actual govt DLT "registrations" (i.e, sale done with blue book issued). 

I looked back thru some older Autolife articles and apparently they issue articles based on "sales" numbers (lord know how they come up with those numbers and if maybe it includes just bookings vs actual completed sales)...and articles based on DLT registrations where it's clear in the article its based on DLT "registrations."    Like below Feb 2024 article based on registration ...notice not even "one" Suzuki Ciaz is reflected for Jan or Feb 2024 although actual DLT registration data does reflect a couple dozen being registered for each of those months. 

Any "sales" data from AutoLife I would take with a planet size grain of salt since they have never explained what constitutes a sale and where they get the sales data.  Now their articles based on registrations which come from the DLT and represent an actual completed sale with blue book issued seem to be at least in the ballpark.   

https://autolifethailand.tv/register-ev-bev-thailand-Feb-2024/

image.png.033064ea0ba188e09720d612e6f40220.png

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Just found the attached video on this subject which may be of interest to everyone. I personally have no opinion on this but it would make me think if I was thinking of buying an EV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HpkDUWAKFM

Please provide a synopsis. 

And why would anyone post anything they have no opinion on? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Especially from the ultimate CH hater, who puts out false vids over & over.  He has no credibility in anything he posts.  They're not even good for laugh.

@Photoguy21 please post that crap on the ICE vs EV thread ... 

What is a CH hater? 

At least your posts are good for a laugh...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Pib said:

Like below Feb 2024 article based on registration ...notice not even "one" Suzuki Ciaz is reflected for Jan or Feb 2024 although actual DLT registration data does reflect a couple dozen being registered for each of those months. 

The autolife February article is for EVs only, so naturally no Ciazs would be listed, since it is an ICEV.

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The autolife February article is for EVs only, so naturally no Ciazs would be listed, since it is an ICEV.

Yeap...you're right...Whoops...my bad.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What is a CH hater? 

At least your posts are good for a laugh...

China or all things Chinese from that youtuber.  I'm all for free speech & expressing one's opinion, but not constant lying about most things EV.  He's a joke and can't believe anyone wastes their time viewing anything of his, after you realize they're so false.

I'm always happy to entertain ... :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Normally most of the updated vehicle registration data is posted a couple of "business/working days" into the new month.  The more detailed data like by specific model number is one of the last ones being posted/updated.   Now I noticed the DLT has posted new registrations for "all" categories of ICEV/EV vehicles for Apr 2024....and it's lower than Jan, Feb, or Mar.  See snapshot below.   My mark on the left hand side is pointing to the RY1 vehicle category which is for Passenger Cars of 7 or less people." A downward trend in vehicles registrations is continuing probably due to high individual debt, tightening loan requirements, people gun-shy to buy right now due to cut-throat price cuts, etc.   

https://web.dlt.go.th/statistics/index.php

image.png.6e1b6b18954982bce661d6fffa7442cb.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Please provide a synopsis. 

And why would anyone post anything they have no opinion on? 

Because others may be interested. I assume you have interest only in your own opinions. Watch it and maybe, just maybe you will get some information that may, or may not, be useful to you.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Especially from the ultimate CH hater, who puts out false vids over & over.  He has no credibility in anything he posts.  They're not even good for laugh.

@Photoguy21 please post that crap on the ICE vs EV thread ... 

Maybe but can you back those points up with facts? If not it is purely an opinion.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Pib said:

Normally most of the updated vehicle registration data is posted a couple of "business/working days" into the new month.  The more detailed data like by specific model number is one of the last ones being posted/updated.   Now I noticed the DLT has posted new registrations for "all" categories of ICEV/EV vehicles for Apr 2024....and it's lower than Jan, Feb, or Mar.  See snapshot below.   My mark on the left hand side is pointing to the RY1 vehicle category which is for Passenger Cars of 7 or less people." A downward trend in vehicles registrations is continuing probably due to high individual debt, tightening loan requirements, people gun-shy to buy right now due to cut-throat price cuts, etc.   

https://web.dlt.go.th/statistics/index.php

image.png.6e1b6b18954982bce661d6fffa7442cb.png

Nice, thanks.

Interesting that autolife got the numbers exactly right in February and March, but was off a bit in January. 

Please share the EV registration numbers if u see them.Screenshot_20240501_142935_Gallery.jpg.11dff40ed04080367448a9208eb827ce.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1