Electric Vehicles in Thailand

On 2/9/2023 at 9:26 AM, Bandersnatch said:

Latest rumors about the 2023 MG Cyberster 

Original concept pic

7cc967958de6f36a9ecc28385bd8f309.jpeg.51d49816f90995e34b369f07f0ada9c9.jpeg

Just heard MG Cyberster will be launched at the Shanghai Motor Show 17th -27th April 2023. Will be in the UK before the end of the year  - no news about Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

100% electric Registrations in Thailand 2022 and Jan 2023 

Reader's Digest version.  I see Wuling w/11, but POCCO didn't make the list.

Impressive numbers, finally at years end as they roll in:

Untitled.png

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Reader's Digest version.  I see Wuling w/11, but POCCO didn't make the list.

Impressive numbers, finally at years end as they roll in:

Untitled.png

Didn't expect the MG EP so popular. Anyway, BYD is going to make it this year for sure, same as it happened in other markets. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CLW said:

Didn't expect the MG EP so popular. Anyway, BYD is going to make it this year for sure, same as it happened in other markets. 

Being the least expensive most of last year certainly didn't hurt their sales.  Little slow getting here, as most were ordered late Mar/Apr/May.

Took 5 months for our ZS to arrive at end of Oct.  1 month earlier max estimate.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Deposit paid and my order is already in for the first Cyberster to arrive at the Chiang Rai dealership. Quite a beast if they deliver the claimed 0-100 time of 3 seconds.

@JBChiangRai we are looking forward to your review. Don't let Bjørn Nyland know you have one as he will want to do a Doi Ang Khang mountain stress test on it ????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Apparently Tesla Thailand is not supporting cars purchased outside Thailand 

tesla sold approximately 7,700 vehicles, but there is currently only one sevice center!

even if a few additional service centres are added in the coming months,

undoubtedly, this will anger some tesla customers ...

12 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Complaints about air quality, particularly in CM are starting to appear on that thread. I hope they are doing their part in helping reduce emissions particularly in built up and urban areas by driving EVs/PHEVs. 

Air quality in Thailand is chiefly a function of how zippy the farmers feel on any given day........or how much plastic and garbage they have accumulated in the pit.

2nd in line are the chipped pick-up trucks that put the triple-stacked coal fired Titanic to shame when the jolly driver puts the pedal to the metal........

• Like 1

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/germans-highly-sceptical-whether-e-cars-will-succeed-095920928.html

While German carmakers Volkswagen, BMW, and Daimler are heralding their commitment to battery-powered vehicles and rushing to launch electric versions of their cars, German people themselves appear to be a lot less optimistic about the future of electric vehicles.

A survey commissioned by Germany energy company E.ON and research firm Kantar EMNID found that of the 78% of Germans currently planning to buy a car, just 16% will go for an electric option. Out of those who said they would not buy an e-car, the main reasons for deciding against it were battery range and purchase costs, according to E.ON.

11 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

sales of ecars in the uk have slumped due to not enuff chargers and them being too slow with queues to use em,folks are going back to petrol !!!

and dumping ecars

Yes, full EVs are not currently suitable for those who can’t charge at home or undertake frequent long trips. This has been stated countless times. Try to keep up.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Yes, full EVs are not currently suitable for those who can’t charge at home or undertake frequent long trips. This has been stated countless times. Try to keep up.

Allow me to correct your erroneous quote...

Yes, full EVs are SOMETIMES UNsuitable for those who can’t charge at home or undertake frequent long trips EXCEPT IN THAILAND WHERE THERE IS AN ABUNDANCE OF FAST CHARGERS. 

Could I respectfully suggest that you try to keep up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

sales of ecars in the uk have slumped due to not enuff chargers and them being too slow with queues to use em,folks are going back to petrol !!!

and dumping ecars

Where do you come up with piece of B.S.?

Electric car statistics - data and projections

"EVs enjoyed a continual growth streak throughout 2022. In January 2022, 14,433 EVs were registered, representing 12.5% market share. By the summer this had increased to 22,737 for June, a 16.1% slice of the market. By December 2022, this had significantly increased to 42,284 new EV registrations - a massive 32.9% market share."

https://heycar.co.uk/blog/electric-cars-statistics-and-projections

5 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Just because a member claims something that supports your biases, that doesn't make it true. Maybe next time you'll be a little more careful about which posts you endorse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

Tesla now has a supercharger in Thailand 

Not that it's needed here ... yet, except maybe weekends, if you don't reserve. 

Wonder if he will here, would be nice, though if a Tesla owner, I'd probably prefer not.

Tesla opening up their supercharging network to all in the USA. 

$$$ motivated:

"Under new White House standards issued last year, the company is required to make its chargers accessible to the “broadest number of people” in order to qualify for billions in federal funding."

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/15/23600859/tesla-supercharger-non-tesla-ev-number-biden

Edited by KhunLA

On 2/17/2023 at 7:52 AM, JBChiangRai said:

Allow me to correct your erroneous quote...

Yes, full EVs are SOMETIMES UNsuitable for those who can’t charge at home or undertake frequent long trips EXCEPT IN THAILAND WHERE THERE IS AN ABUNDANCE OF FAST CHARGERS. 

Could I respectfully suggest that you try to keep up.

You are obviously not aware that I’m a regular poster on this thread and that I’m pro EV. I recently purchased a Haval H6 PHEV because I needed an SUV that can go regular trips to Malaysia. A full EV would not cut it for those trips.

By now everyone on here knows that you own a Porsche and that you’ve purchased multiple EVs for your daughter and yourself (a MG4? If I’m not mistaken). Maybe throttle your arrogance a little.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Let's not attempt to change the subject, what I drive is irrelevant.

Back on track, if you post unsubstantiated rubbish here you can expect to be pulled up on it, as both placeholder and I did.  Try to keep up and post accurate information.

Since you mentioned placeholder, his comment was obviously wrong as I’m bias towards EVs, not against. Every one of my posts have been in favour or more and more electrification.

with regards to substantiation, this is very much a personal perspective. If I am unable to home charge, I would unlikely be purchasing a full EV as I would find it inconvenient, for me. As to long trips, I did a recent 1,000 km run to Isaan in my PHEV. I posted a report on this trip. I managed it as I had an ICE backup. If it was a full EV, it would have been a lot more challenging.

I also posted about a tour guide who has driven over 180,000 km in the past 2 years in his MG ZS EV and stated that it was obviously doable.

In any case, I stand by my self-substantiated statement that a full EV is not suitable for those that doesn’t have home charging (a PHEV is a different proposition) and regular long distance travel could be problematic, especially during holiday season. These are my personal experiences and I don’t need 3rd party sources trying to tell me otherwise.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, placeholder said:

Where do you come up with piece of B.S.?

"EVs enjoyed a continual growth streak throughout 2022. In January 2022, 14,433 EVs were registered, representing 12.5% market share. By the summer this had increased to 22,737 for June, a 16.1% slice of the market. By December 2022, this had significantly increased to 42,284 new EV registrations - a massive 32.9% market share."

https://heycar.co.uk/blog/electric-cars-statistics-and-projections

Just because a member claims something that supports your biases, that doesn't make it true. Maybe next time you'll be a little more careful about which posts you endorse.

Out of curiosity, what EV do you drive? I currently have the Haval H6 PHEV and when I sell my Mazda 2, I will most probably purchase the BYD Atto3.

• Love It 2