Thailand further eases entry restrictions for international travellers

webfact

23 minutes ago, DaveCW said:

We arrive on the 2nd May, so on the surface this sounds like good news.

However, should I take the risk of cancelling the Hotel/PCR test (can cancel before 24th for full refund) which may in some way end in screwing up the QR code, especially as the TP is temporarily closed to allow for changes.... and the potential for all this to go south. 

Perhaps better to stay on the side of caution and keep all as is - its a small loss in the grand scheme as well as piece of mind.

I am in the same boat arriving a little later however the QR code on the pass seems to contain information about vaccinations only. I can't see how cancelling the hotel and PCR can effect it and the hotel in theory would have no obligation to report such a cancellation if arriving after May 1.

I will wait until everything confirmed 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom H said:

Soon 200 deaths per day?

Compared to all the other deaths per day?

Everyone's had the opportunity to be vaxed and dare say the vast majority of current deaths are either unvaxed and/or not long for this world.

I say vast majority, while recognising many healthy people die every day from various causes.

Edited by Donga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai government cancels Test and Go, eases legal drinking hours, and more-Covid meeting recap

By Nop Meechukhun

FQ7Lr6NaMAEOSbb-696x464.jpg

Highlights of changes

●Test and Go is gone, no pre-booking of hotels required (except for unvaccinated). A.K.A. no pre or post-arrival mandatory Covid-19 tests.

●Thailand Pass remains mainly to prove insurance and vaccination status

●Alcohol serving venues can stay open until Midnight, although continue to be converted into restaurants and not legally bars or nightlife

●Mandatory insurance reduced to 10,000 USD

●Effective May 1st

The general meeting of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha, has announced the cancellation of the ‘Test&Go’ scheme and zoning relaxation in controlled areas (orange zones), effective May 1st.

Firstly, Thailand Pass will remain, mainly to verify vaccination status and proof of insurance. This will be continually evaluated. Thailand Pass will also be paused temporarily to update the system for the new rules, set to start on the first of May. Those who have already booked will need to inquire individually with hotels/Thailand Pass about potential refunds or “grandfather” clauses after May 1st. Before May 1st, all current rules will apply.

As a result of scrapping the ‘Test&Go’ scheme, all mandatory Covid-19 tests for vaccinated travelers have been canceled upon arrival in the Kingdom and only one self-ATK test is recommended (but not compulsory) during their stay. If an infection is found, they are required to go for treatment through the insurance process. Essentially, once one enters Thailand and goes through confirmation of their Thailand Pass paperwork and customs, they are free to go where they wish as of May first.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/22/thai-government-cancels-test-and-go-eases-legal-drinking-hours-and-more-covid-meeting-recap/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I will now start looking for flights in May.

This is very good news

• Like 2

This has probably been asked before but what actually constitutes 'fully vaccinated'?  Is a '2-jab' status considered to be fully vaccinated - maybe depends on the type of vaccine, I suppose - or is it necessary to have had at least one booster?  What about the timing - how long after your last jab are you still considered to be vaccinated?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

I really don't believe you posted this!

There's a lengthy process to go through to change these things. It ain't just pressing a button!

Hotel booking still required? please quote your source. Surely not for expat resident returning to own residence.

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, doctormann said:

This has probably been asked before but what actually constitutes 'fully vaccinated'?  Is a '2-jab' status considered to be fully vaccinated - maybe depends on the type of vaccine, I suppose - or is it necessary to have had at least one booster?  What about the timing - how long after your last jab are you still considered to be vaccinated?

How do you show for Thai pass 2 jabs here (AZ) one overseas (Pfizer) 4th jab here (Pfizer) only the first 2 show up on Mor Prom app.

I just noticed this part: “Unvaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system, will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom.” Otherwise it’s a 5-day quarantine. #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1517457807888760832

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Every four months after a pfizer booster jab as I stated above.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sure and my name is PigPen...

Pigpen? Don’t quite understand. Only two pigpens I know of:

1) boozed out on MD 2020 in ‘73

2) a pork house

I assume you’re #2 cuz #1 is long gone 

Edited by novacova

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Actually, I can't fault them for this (though I don't know of any other country that currently requires it). I don't know how many healthcare runners there are, but having such insurance should be considered a neccessity for any responsible traveler. Perhaps they're just nudging the weakest links among us to do the right thing?

Having health insurance for needed medical care isn’t the issue though. It’s the requirement to have insurance to cover medical costs when feeling perfectly healthy, but covid positive.

1 minute ago, CosmicSurfer said:

I'm travelling in Mid-May, and already Pre-Paid my Sha+ Hotel, Car and PCR test... Will they be giving refunds???  OR TIT !!!

The article said "potential refund". In other words, don't count on a refund. Sorry for you.