Teen conned into sending naked pictures for 25K - she gets no money and even pays tax

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported on a disturbing case of a 13 year old girl in Udon Thani in Thailand's north east who fell victim to a fraudster online.

Ann, an assumed name, said she was contacted on Facebook by someone from the page of Sunisa Jompanya.

They said she could earn 25,000 baht by sending some naked pictures. 

She pointed out that she was only 13 not 18 to which the fraudster said: "No worries, we handle girls as young as ten".

She sent one picture then got cold feet. She was told by the fraudster that she had to send more or she would be exposed on social media among her friends.

She sent eight more pictures and a video call clip.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Then the fraudster told the girl that she needed to pay tax on her earnings and must transfer about 800 baht to their account.

Worried about being exposed she borrowed the money from a friend without telling her parents.

She received no money.

Now she is being assisted by the admin of a group run by Weeraphol Raksamerwong who will take her to the police today. 

The girl was in tears and said she was suicidal after what happened. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 11

There is one born every minute!

Why did she not just download some pictures from the web and post them pretending they were of her.  And why not tell the fraudsters to deduct the 800 baht "tax" before forwarding the (non existing) money to her?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 8

36 minutes ago, DezLez said:

There is one born every minute!

Why did she not just download some pictures from the web and post them pretending they were of her.  And why not tell the fraudsters to deduct the 800 baht "tax" before forwarding the (non existing) money to her?

Obviously didn't have you as a manager, eh.....????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If the ‘pervy fraudster’ was using his own account it should be easy to catch the poisonous ferret. 

You're assuming that FaceBook cares enough to break it's privacy policy for something thats not going to make it money...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Your compassion towards a very young and naive girl shows no bounds.

As is your, and most of the other posters here, total lack of understanding of sarcasm.  I suppose you all need an emoji or something like that to tell you!

????  

PS;  

sarcasm
[ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m]

NOUN
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Lots of Facebook scams running at the moment.

My misses gets 10bht for 'liking' facebook pages and reposting them.

Earns nearly 200bht/day ..... mainly 'Shopee' and 'Lazada' stuff but also 'Chelsea Football Club'

All seems a bit odd to me, but the money turns up in her bank account every evening. 

And you believe that is the source of that income?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Lots of Facebook scams running at the moment.

My misses gets 10bht for 'liking' facebook pages and reposting them.

Earns nearly 200bht/day ..... mainly 'Shopee' and 'Lazada' stuff but also 'Chelsea Football Club'

All seems a bit odd to me, but the money turns up in her bank account every evening. 

If it is true that she is getting money from what you claim then how is that a "Facebook Scam"?

And what have the so called  Shopee or Lazada kick backs got to do with the poor girl for that matter?

Edited by DezLez

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Probably because she is only 13 and still an immature child.

I don't suppose she could talk to her parents about what she had done, so who else could she turn to?

This is of course assuming that the whole truth has come out and she was not just caught out having a chat with her boyfriend.

Interesting that the "news" was printed before the police were involved so any evidence??? is unlikely to still be around if and when they investigate it!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

fraudster said: "No worries, we handle girls as young as ten".

this is in quotes.   seems like something a falang would say.  but i have a feeling it wasn't a falang.

never heard a Thai say , "no worries."   Maybe just a translation of mai bpen rai.   Then I would put it in quotes as "Don't worry."   You say......who cares???  well, I have nothing better to do right now.  lol