Price Increases Big Time at CP owned stores like Lotus's

Dario

I know that the Ukrainian war initiated and orchestrated by despot Putin has brought many price increases of many products at supermarkets across the globe, but there are price increases which are absolutely not justified!
Almost all supermarkets in Thailand are now owned by C.P. Pokphand Co. Ltd., in short CP. Take 7/11, Makro, Lotus's and others. Another very large presence of C.P is True with all they own. In our small provincial towns in upper Surin there is no choice, we are "compelled" to buy at Lotus's. I just returned from their shop in Tha Tum where I bought among a lot of other things (2'800 Baht in total) Thai Tea Mix which I bought the last time, about 2 weeks ago for 89 Baht a pack of 10 sachets. Today, the price has markedly changed. I paid for the same product 129 Baht. That  is a bold increase of 40 Baht or 45%  ...  on a Thai made product! There is nothing imported from abroad, it's all Thai ingredients in it.
CP is cashing in on cash-strapped customers, and not only in Thailand. CP has a very strong foothold in China and several other countries.
This is only one example, it struck me, but there are many.
Shame on CP!

IMG20220426145156s.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

but you still bought it which is what they gambled on. I prefer to buy from markets when have a choice

Yes, but my daughter went to get it for me while I was shopping other things.  "which is what they gambled on" Exactly.

Why blame CP for the price increase on that particular brand of tea?  The stores you mentioned sell a wide variety of products that are not made by CP......my Kellogg's corn flakes, as an example.  

Be thankful that the government controls prices on many items......diesel gas, for example.......your electric........eggs......meat.  People in the US/UK aren't so fortunate! 

23 minutes ago, kokesaat said:

Why blame CP for the price increase on that particular brand of tea?  The stores you mentioned sell a wide variety of products that are not made by CP......my Kellogg's corn flakes, as an example.  

Be thankful that the government controls prices on many items......diesel gas, for example.......your electric........eggs......meat.  People in the US/UK aren't so fortunate! 

C.P. makes the prices at Lotus's, for any products they sell.

The government only controls prices on diesel, not on gasoline. My car runs on gasoline. If I pay 4 Baht or 5 or even six for an egg, that doesn't really hurt my wallet. My extended family has chicken which produce eggs. Stay on topic, kokesaat, I only wrote about a product, made in Thailand which increased by 45%. Your Kellogg's Corn Flakes I bought 2 weeks ago a 500 g pack for 109 Baht, not really mind buggling.

1 hour ago, Dario said:

There is nothing imported from abroad, it's all Thai ingredients in it.

Here's the ingredients list.  How do you work out where they've come from?

image.png.6fbe9630e4bc4a0c899ab5407ac7ec7a.png

The picture in your OP is not clear but this pic from elsewhere indicates otherwise:

image.png.a37cb3f99eae27aa75d449e969ebd133.png

Prices are on the rise globally. Low inflation, low interest rate, and high stock market returns are over. We are entering a period of high inflation, high interest rate and subdued stock market. For twenty years we have enjoyed wealth accumulation stint and it has come to end now. Brace for higher expenses in coming years. 

I made a terrible mistake on my initial post and I must apologize for it. I cannot blame C.P. for this price increase as I come to think that the price increase most probably comes from the producer which is Green Tea Co. Ltd.

So, I retract my statement "Shame on C.P." I apologize to C.P. C.P. only passes on a price increase which it gets from the producer.

The price of 89 Baht I paid recently might have been a discounted price from 99 Baht, then still it was an increase of 30%.

Moderators: please close this thread. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Dario said:

C.P. makes the prices at Lotus's, for any products they sell.

The government only controls prices on diesel, not on gasoline. My car runs on gasoline. If I pay 4 Baht or 5 or even six for an egg, that doesn't really hurt my wallet. My extended family has chicken which produce eggs. Stay on topic, kokesaat, I only wrote about a product, made in Thailand which increased by 45%. Your Kellogg's Corn Flakes I bought 2 weeks ago a 500 g pack for 109 Baht, not really mind buggling.

I'm pretty sure that the govt does control prices on gasohol. Otherwise why are the prices at various stations in the same region exactly the same?

CLOSED per the OP's request.

"I made a terrible mistake on my initial post and I must apologize for it. I cannot blame C.P. for this price increase as I come to think that the price increase most probably comes from the producer which is Green Tea Co. Ltd.

So, I retract my statement "Shame on C.P." I apologize to C.P. C.P. only passes on a price increase which it gets from the producer.

The price of 89 Baht I paid recently might have been a discounted price from 99 Baht, then still it was an increase of 30%.

Moderators: please close this thread. Thank you."