Rich resort owner denies human trafficking after 15 year old girl claims he forced her to sleep with customers to repay debt

webfact

The problem is in the upbringing.  People here have to remember that while Yes Thailand is in the 22 century and has all the trappings of a 22 century country a great deal of the way things are done and the way older people think  is still in the 1800's.

Take a look at the laws that are on the books.

Take a look at who is running the country and I do not mean the politicians.

Take a look at the way society treats people in general.

It was not that many decades ago that in Canada some schools taught religion and based their whole methodology on a religion belief.   Heck they even made you learn a dead language.

Edited by kingstonkid

11 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that she had borrowed 6,300 baht from Wirawong beacuse her 70 year old grandmother needed emergency surgery and that he told her she must pay it back by sleeping with men.

She refused and he promised to expose and embarrass her so she decided to follow his instructions four times.

You have to wonder if he didn't plan this right from the start and offer her the money with this in mind.  She probably looked up to him.

So sad that such a system exists that the threat of "exposure and embarrassment" can allow someone to victimise another person in such a way.

The headline could have easily been "Wealthy Local Businessman Helps Poor Teen Save Her Sick Grandmother".  ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

You have to wonder if he didn't plan this right from the start and offer her the money with this in mind.  She probably looked up to him.

So sad that such a system exists that the threat of "exposure and embarrassment" can allow someone to victimise another person in such a way.

The headline could have easily been "Wealthy Local Businessman Helps Poor Teen Save Her Sick Grandmother".  ????

Remember back in English history 

If the poor had a problem they went to the lord of the manor  In North America you went to the riches and usually highest thought of.

As I said before Thailand may be in the 21st  (thanks) century tech wise but the thinking especially in the smaller country areas is still early 1800 and sooner.

This is not just a Thai thing though Pakistan and India for a good portion are stillin the same boat.

• Sad 2

On 4/29/2022 at 3:44 PM, worgeordie said:

That's not a excuse that should be taken seriously .

"He was refused bail. " , so he is in lock up  ?.I thought

it said he was rich .......????

regards Worgeordie

Grandma only 70 mother 62, need money for operation, I heard that one many times when I was a rookie learning about living in LOS

On 4/29/2022 at 4:56 PM, IAMHERE said:

I hope the guys that used her can be tracked down too.

Possibly all from the police station getting freebie sex as the rich guy was friendly with them all, in his words anyway.

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Grandma only 70 mother 62, need money for operation, I heard that one many times when I was a rookie learning about living in LOS

Read it properly. Noi was her Mother aged 44. the 62 year old is the accused.

• Like 1