AstraZeneca injection problem

Larryst

Had two. No problem. Suffered mild fever effects the first time, but that is to be expected as the body reacts to the vaccination.

GF felt quite rough, but again, it was the body reacting to the drug.

Edited by phetphet

there has been reports of (very rare) serious side effects with AZN especially with younger people. If you experience any unusual, and severe symptoms 5  plus days after receiving it eg persistent migraine, swelling in the legs, abdominal pain then refer back to the hospital where you got the vaccine. 

• Like 1

Just now, RichardColeman said:

One more brand and you get to call 'House' 

I tried to get Novavax for my 4th shot last week but they told me it's reserved for people who can't have mRNA shots. They had only Moderna so I had my second shot of that.

With my first AstraZeneca jab after a couple of weeks my breathing became extremely bad, I do suffer from COPD so I went to my local clinic who put me on oxygen, gave me a jab of something and another medication to take daily for a week. They also took a blood test that proved positive for clotting and gave me blood thinners. 2 weeks later a blood test showed negative for clotting and I’ve had no more severe problems apart from my daily variation of breathing due to COPD. My second jab caused me no problems whatsoever. Was AstraZeneca the cause, who knows!

My Thai lady had bad after effects with both her Moderna jabs for about 48 hours and then felt fine

• Like 1

Everyone is different. Many people have no side effects, but temporary fever/chills and aches & pains are not unusual.

I had high fever, chills, body aches for about 36 hours after my first AZ and nothing at all after my second.

Serious adverse effects are rare and mainly occur in people under the age of 40, especially women. For which reason mRNA vaccines are often preferred for that group.

It is contraindicated in people with a history of certain rare blood disorders  (heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis , and leaky capillary syndrome). or past history of Guilliam Barre Syndrome (rare neurologic condition).

My first AZ injection caused very mild reactions which passed within 24 hours, the second, also AZ, caused reaction a tall. No pain at injection site. Booster, Pfizer, had no reaction but arm sore at injection site for a few hours. This may have been due to the skill of the nurse who injected me. 

I had a problem 48 hrs after AZ, I cannot 100% say it solely down to the AZ jab, but for me its too much of a coincidence as to when the problem appeared and it taken 6 months to disappear by 90%.

The follow up 2 Pfizer injections no problem at all..