Can people Only Catch Covid When They Are Sitting Down?

they were put at the beginning of pandemic, and there is still an emergency decree.  They are there in case of the next wave. Probably they would be taken down, when wear off.  Anybody can seat, if they wish.

I have seen in european airports those reserved seats, not long ago. But those airports were empty

• Like 2

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

they were put at the beginning of pandemic, and there is still an emergency decree.

They are there in case of the next wave. Probably they would be taken down, when wear off.

Anybody can seat, if they wish.

I have seen in european airports those reserved seats, not long ago. But those airports were empty

Yes, but I think If anyone did sit there, their neighbour would probably not be to happy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scott said:

No, you can catch Covid well standing.  Masks work but they need to be used in conjunction with social distancing.  If you are masked and in very close proximity to an infected person, you are increasing your chances of infection.  

A lot of protocols that were initiated early on in the pandemic have since been found to be not particularly effective, such as incessant disinfecting of things.  Infection by touching something is pretty low.  

As the pandemic grinds along, people seem to be less and less likely to adhere to protocols.  Hopefully, they will ignore those that are truly ineffective and follow those that are protective. 

"No, you can catch Covid well standing."

Yes I understand that, I was just  wondering why there was no social distancing on the BTS or MRT seats yet there is on the airport train. another poster explained the reason and I think he was right.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, internationalism said:

they were put at the beginning of pandemic, and there is still an emergency decree.  They are there in case of the next wave. Probably they would be taken down, when wear off.  Anybody can seat, if they wish.

That's the whole point - when the pandemic hit the trains were pretty empty during the lockdowns.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"No, you can catch Covid well standing."

Yes I understand that, I was just  wondering why there was no social distancing on the BTS or MRT seats yet there is on the airport train. another poster explained the reason and I think he was right.

Probably because the authorities "think" that people that stand have enough sense not to gather in crowds.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

These stupid Covidiocy rules are ALL for show. It's ridiculous the silly BS these countries come up with to make it look like they're doing something by implementing (faking) meaningless precautions to give a false sense of security to the ignorant, scaredy-cat sheeple masses. 2 years and still running (bad) joke. ????

Well, stop reading about it....????.............????

• Haha 1

Great money maker idea folks; a face mask amulet, sort of like a lapel pin. I'm guessing the 'No Covid' amulet would be as popular as the 'Love Romance' amulet. 

BTW, two weeks ago when I took the Airport Train there were hazmat suits spraying at both end terminals. 

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

have I missed something?

You missed a lot of things. You can't catch COVID while eating. You can't catch COVID while drinking. There are many situations in which you're safe.

And for all those who replied with something like "this is Thailand" open your eyes and get your head out of wherever it is - many such restrictions are implemented or were only recently stopped basically all over the world. In many countries they had even worse restrictions such as total lockdowns for extended periods, restrictions of leaving the country (Australia is a good example - you had to ask permission from the government to fly out. Kinda prison really).

So yes, many countries got their bearings right after more than 2 years and Thailand is a bit slower, but it is going on the right direction.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

These stupid Covidiocy rules are ALL for show. It's ridiculous the silly BS these countries come up with to make it look like they're doing something by implementing (faking) meaningless precautions to give a false sense of security to the ignorant, scaredy-cat sheeple masses. 2 years and still running (bad) joke. ????

2 years on and many are not hear to read your ignorance.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Well, stop reading about it....????.............????

Well, there's that. But kinda difficult when being bombarded with it nonstop everywhere, everyday. When they stop...so will I. Untill then...Covidiocy, it's game ON! The OP was calling BS too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsari said:

2 years on and many are not hear to read your ignorance.

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Two years on and many are not hear to read your ignorance

You wrote it twice so it must be true. However most dead actually died WITH COVID and not FROM COVID. Statistically there is very little excess deaths in the COVID period when compared to previous years 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

You wrote it twice so it must be true. However most dead actually died WITH COVID and not FROM COVID. Statistically there is very little excess deaths in the COVID period when compared to previous years 

That statement can not be quantified or verified .

Fantasy

7 hours ago, itsari said:

That statement can not be quantified or verified .

Fantasy

The UK has made an attempt to quantity this information.

According to the government, total COVID deaths recorded is just over 190,000.

Also according to the government, total deaths caused by COVID is roughly 140,000.

There was a big deal made of the report that only 17,000 deaths were caused "solely by COVID".

But that was misleading, and the above ratio (14 : 19) appears to be more accurate.

https://blog.ons.gov.uk/2022/01/26/to-say-only-17000-people-have-died-from-covid-19-is-highly-misleading/

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

https://www.bbc.com/news/60145237

4 minutes ago, huangnon said:

If you're going to label someone ignorant, please don't make basic spelling mistakes.

Please go and learn what ignorance means . Basic spelling mistakes are no indication of ignorance .

Have a good day Mr Huangnan

57 minutes ago, itsari said:

Please go and learn what ignorance means . Basic spelling mistakes are no indication of ignorance .

Have a good day Mr Huangnan

I installed a spell and grammar check on my PC, must be because I am not ignorant, just saying......????

• Like 1