Underage Thai girls being offered for sex on Twitter/Line in NE Thailand - female admin nabbed

webfact

image.jpeg

INN reported that Thailand's human trafficking police conducted a sting after becoming aware that a group was offering underage girls for sex online.

A Twitter post attracted their interest. It said (in Thai): "We have girls available for work in Kantharalak district (Sisaket). Take your pick, contact us on Line."

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The police did that and arranged to meet an agent with a 16 year old girl at a resort hotel in Nong Latya sub-district. 

At the sting Suthida, 28, was taken into custody and charged with prostituting girls aged over 16 but not yet 18. 

The fee was 1,500 baht for sex. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The fee was 1,500 baht for sex. 

OK, now we have to play Mr. Detective.

Girl:  500

Admin:  500

We know who:  500

Of course, that's too easy.    Maybe 300, 400, 1200.    But the "we know who" maybe wasn't happen with number and ..................... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

OK, now we have to play Mr. Detective.

Girl:  500

Admin:  500

We know who:  500

Of course, that's too easy.    Maybe 300, 400, 1200.    But the "we know who" maybe wasn't happen with number and ..................... 

Something about your post doesn't 'add up' ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When mothers send their 20 year old daughters to work in the nightlife business

I highly doubt mothers "send" their daughters to work in the nightlife business,  those girls see the easy money, the chance to get a farang boyfriend/husband while partying it up and come on their own volition. 

Edited by bbko
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bbko said:

I highly doubt mothers "send" their daughters to work in the nightlife business,  those girls see the easy money, the chance to get a farang boyfriend/husband while partying it up and come on their own volition. 

Some mothers do exactly that.

And many mothers ask their daughters to send i.e. 10k or 20k THB every month back to mother to support her full well knowing what their daughters has to do for that kind of money.

Obviously there are also lots of girls who spend most of the money on themselves, their boyfriends, party time and whatever. And as far as I am concerned they can do whatever they want with the money they worked for.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Just a stab in the dark here that truth to be told, many a men, locals and foreigners alike who shake their head in disgust, would't mind at all to have a young thing in their beds...

555, many self-righteous farangs will look down their nose at the Thai people, yet still come here for "enjoyment".  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But then, 20 year old girls should also not be send by their own mothers into that business.

I love it when I hear farangs lap up those stories of mumma send me to do this work, no have money, no have work where I come from, it's almost as good as the buffalo story.

From where I sit, most females over 18 will go to the red light districts because a friend or a cousin or a sister or someone they know has worked there and will give them the heads up.

Sex to females here in Thailand is not like it is to females in the west.

I have met a heck of a lot of Thai girls who have worked in the industry and none, not one ever said mumma sent me, they do it, because they don't have an education, or don't want to work in a hotel or 7/11 for the peanuts they pay. 

My neighbour used to work in the sex industry pre-pandemic and she used to make up to 100k baht a month vs 10,000 baht a month she was offered to work in a hotel. That said, it wasn't sex all the time, she would 50% from the bar fine and 50% for the drinks she was bought, most times she would go out with the customer to dinner and then discotheques till the wee hours of the morning and then crash at the customers hotel. In the morning it was breakfast or have to go, and customer would pay her her fee, 2-3-4-5k baht depending on the customer and what was agreed, not all about the sex and if the customer enjoyed the girls company, he would be back the next day or 2, if she was available.

If she didn't like the look of the customer or his dress etc, have period, no can go, but boss want me to come to work to talk to customer, and of course she would make 50% off drinks bought for her and when that customer left, it was open slather. The ones that go with the ones that don't want to go, would be at rock bottom so would go, after all, everyone has to eat.

The above said, 16 years old is young and yes girls here have sex very young, under that, but selling themselves for money either by themselves or via a trafficker has to be stamped out because at that age it's just wrong, they haven't grown a brain and a few have ended up with babies that the family has to support, barely making ends meet as it is.

Traffickers should get life, then and only then you might see a change, but mumma's sending their girls to work.....lol, it's obviously at the top of the bleeding heart stories and there are suckers born every minute, oh, I forgot a lot of these women have very young kids to support back home as mumma and pappa look after them, most thinking there daughters are doing some other work, not selling their bodies for sex, others of course know, and accept it because after all, their daughter is going to pay the bills and maybe, just maybe land a farang, the big fish or the smelly cheap Charlie one, hopefully not the latter. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Just a stab in the dark here that truth to be told, many a men, locals and foreigners alike who shake their head in disgust, would't mind at all to have a young thing in their beds...

Over 18 of course.

1 hour ago, bbko said:

And leave their Kids behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Unfortunately what you believe and what happens in the dark Issan provinces where money is almost non-existent to some is not reality.  Either an aunt or mother does make arrangements for the daughter to go work in the tourist areas, they tend to believe the daughter is only a cashier or is working in a restaurant but many know the truth especially when they return home with tattoo's and wearing clothing that is looked down upon by many. Seen this played out many times when I was living in Rawai, and had a friend that owned a bar with his misses.  The misses would go back home to the Udon Area and procure the help with the promise of free transport, a free shared room to stay in and a shared motorbike to ride, they just had to agree to stay for a year before leaving......not a pretty picture.

• Like 1

The strange thing is that Thai people themselves don't look down at young girls going to work in the entertainment places servicing men no matter what age, for some reason, the hypocrite moral guardians of a country known world wide for it's prostitution and raunchy nightlife don't see it that way...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I love it when I hear farangs lap up those stories of mumma send me to do this work, no have money, no have work where I come from, it's almost as good as the buffalo story.

And because you never heard it or never believed it means it never happened? Think again!

I have some of my information from talking to the girls in the bars over many years (now not so much anymore). And obviously it is not a good idea to believe everything they say. But sometimes we know some of those girls for years and they know exactly that we won't sponsor them. And we still hear some sad stories. Not everything the girls tell us is BS.

And I get some more information from my long time gf from stories in her village. Like mothers talking to other mothers and neighbors, etc. I still have to hear about any mother telling her daughter: Don't do that. I don't want the money which you make that way.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But sometimes we know some of those girls for years and they know exactly that we won't sponsor them. And we still hear some sad stories. Not everything the girls tell us is BS.

Women usually stick to their lies for the rest of their life, sometimes I think they come to believe their lies are reality. My former Brit wife is still telling tales of my 'drunkenness and cruelty'  12 years later, to anyone that will listen (so my pals back there tell me).

Unless you see it yourself, or read the court convictions,

1. It didn't happen.

2. Expect the next stories to be about you.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Most say they work in Bangkok, Pattaya etc doing normal jobs like waitressing, cleaners because of the stigma attached to bar work.

I've been to my woman's village ........

Nobody believes she moved to Bangkok (age 18) to become a waitress.

Thais aren't stupid enough to believe what the pretty girl covered in tattoos says.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And because you never heard it or never believed it means it never happened? Think again!

What is there to think, my wife and her 3 sisters all worked in the red light districts and if my wife says, it's BS and the same story as the buffalo and many more, I know who to believe.

Besides, I have been with enough girls in my life to know when a story becomes repetitive enough to become the norm.

You are as free as I am to believe what you will, each to their own, but that story has been beaten as many times as the buffalo one.

These girls have choices, mumma is not a villan to send them off to work in the red light district, but makes a great story for those farangs who want to believe it.

Fact of the matter is they are lured to those areas as my wife was because it's good money and you get the chance to win the farang lottery, no shame in admitting the truth, oh and my wife's mother (mamasan) thought she worked in a shopping centre as her sisters did, the farangs just happened to be buying things and conversations struck and before you knew it there were wedding bells.

Does mumma really know what was happening, well, lets just say as a parent, if I was living how they were living, I would turn a blind eye to see them go forward in life, after all sex is not dirty, and in my opinion, if you can get money for it, why not, no different to the western way of buying a girl a few drinks and then having sex, why because the western girls can support themselves through lots of work opportunities or government support systems. Here, we know what support systems they have, zero, her sister who is a single mum receives 600 baht a month from the government, her parents a combined 1,200 baht a month, very different to the farang way isn't it. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

What is there to think, my wife and her 3 sisters all worked in the red light districts and if my wife says, it's BS and the same story as the buffalo and many more, I know who to believe.

Do you believe everything your wife tells you?

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Really? And when the daughter sends back 10,000 to 15,000 baht a month, do you really think mom thinks that she is making enough money in a factory or restaurant to pay for food, lodging, taxes, all her monthly expenses, and still have that much left at the end of the month for mom? I sincerely do not think so. There is a high degree of parental complicity here. And not necessarily judging that. Just saying I think it is a fact. 

You are 100% correct and in most cases greed and laziness of usually the male parent overcomes any moral or ethical parental responsibility and then pressurize  their kids so hence they are more then happy that their daughter sells herself and sends money home.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you believe everything your wife tells you?

When it comes to her own culture, and all the BS that is spun out there to farangs, why wouldn't I believe her, she's got my back, and that's the difference between what is spun out there.

She's real ????