Labor has won the 2022 Federal Election

4 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Wow, didn't really expect that. Will that have implications on travel to Australia?

I don't know about travel because Albo said yesterday Australia is still closed you have to ask him

It was a pretty lacklustre campaign. Labor playing it safe after last time having decent interesting policies but losing. I don't think it's clear if they need to or they can do it on their own. As an Australian public servant it will be good to be treated with respect - no more outsourcing that costs more, normal pay rises, just better. 

HAPPY TO HAVE LABOR IN POWER. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It was a pretty lacklustre campaign. Labor playing it safe after last time having decent interesting policies but losing. I don't think it's clear if they need to or they can do it on their own. As an Australian public servant it will be good to be treated with respect - no more outsourcing that costs more, normal pay rises, just better. 

HAPPY TO HAVE LABOR IN POWER. 

So you are happy if you buy your first home to own only 60% of it if you have to sell it for some reason?

• Haha 1

Just now, Meat Pie 47 said:

So you are happy if you buy your first home to own only 60% of it if you have to sell it for some reason?

That's just for first homebuyers I think and you can buy further bits of 5 per cent up to 100 when you can afford to. Helps people get their first home. Not sure about Liberal policy of raiding the superannuation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

He certainly wasn't impressive but I think he's a reasonably smart guy with a decent team. Liberals lost some of their best and brightest. Interesting to see what happens. 

Smart guy? He did not even know the cash rate, the unemployment rate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

That's just for first homebuyers I think and you can buy further bits of 5 per cent up to 100 when you can afford to. Helps people get their first home. Not sure about Liberal policy of raiding the superannuation. 

Most young people are first home buyers

Edited by Meat Pie 47
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

New Prime Minister gave a fairly good speech. Bit stock standard but inclusive and positive. Sometimes leaders are better in the job than when they are trying to win. 

Liberals may be shocked that the Teal candidates did so good. They tried to keep the more conservative and more to the right and small l liberals together but no deal. 

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Wow, didn't really expect that. Will that have implications on travel to Australia?

everyone else did. The surprise is that the Labor didn't get a majority due to the strength of the greens and the intensity of the murdoch press hit jobs.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

everyone else did. The surprise is that the Labor didn't get a majority due to the strength of the greens and the intensity of the murdoch press hit jobs.

To be fair, I didn't really pay that much attention the past couple weeks. Only watched on the ABC that great spectacle in the Northern Territory a few days ago.

3 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Putting in a stupid person to run a country who does not even know what day it is today is asking for trouble

No political discussions in this subforum - read the rules. Hopefully the mods would close the topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

Morrison has just announced he has conceded to Labor.

Seeing the slogan "Labor" on posters in BBC World News today I was wondering if the new Australian government will make Latin the new official language of the country, or perhaps that slogan and party name is in US English.

I seems that I was wrong in thinking that Australian English was "colour proof", ie colour, not color; labour, not labor; honour, not honor; etc, with a car bonnet and boot, not hood and trunk, etc.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Murdoch press and some others were so obvious with their support of Morrison it was laughable, so much so I believe it was a turn off. Clive Palmer (UAP) and One Nation also contributed to the demise of Morrison - why people vote for them is, IMO, stupidity.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God help Australia ......      because they'll need it    !

Aussies really don't think sometimes ....     You made your bed Australia.

it is better the devil you know than the one you don't.

Unemployment was at it lowest in years.

Morrison was tough on China ... and especially border security,  so now you have a guy named Albanese ...lol.   What do you think China will do now ? they will be rubbing their hands together with glee.

So now we go back to the revolving door of Aussie PM's again.  Gillard, Rudd, Abbott, Turnbull .....  and now Albanese .. all in the space of 4-5 years.    

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Putting in a stupid person to run a country who does not even know what day it is today is asking for trouble

Yeah, but kicking out a person who didn't give a rats ass about the average Australian is getting rid of trouble. Eg... on holiday while Oz burned, and yes, the fires were raging BEFORE he went on holiday (only reason he came back when he did was because Oz media had him by the balls), taking months to put flood relief money/help into circulation and people still waiting. I'm glad I won't have to see that smirking face making BS promises for Oz again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

If owning your own home is the reason you would vote for a party, you need to get your priority's sorted out. Granted, owning ya own home is important to 'some' people but there are a lot more pressing and important issues that need to be addressed when choosing which idiot you vote for.  

• Like 2