UK monarchy set to change ‘dramatically’ after Queen’s Jubilee

onthedarkside

9 hours ago, Thunglom said:

I agree in principle of an Aussie republic but when you ask who will be president, one is normally met with a contemplative silence.

Morrison? Bond? Barnaby Joyce? Gina Rinehart? James Packer?

Renting a hereditary HoS does have its functions as a bulwark against despotism.

Huh?

Australia isn't a republic?

It is still ruled by the Queen?

Yikes.

3 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Huh?

Yikes.

Blame the Murdoch press. Referenda don't usually pass in Australia. One the next attempt it probably will. At this point nobody is saying anything while the Queen is still alive.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Harry is still a prince by birthright and is still in the line of succession to the throne,

https://britishheritage.com/royals/harry-duke-sussex-prince

Harry has requested that hes not longer to be referred to as a Prince and they were stripped of their Royal titles

Please respect his wishes and stop calling him Prince  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

“If it’s a level playing field we don’t have a problem with the government moving towards another referendum. The problem we have is that an unfair advantage is being given to the republican side. It’s not up to the government to push a particular outcome on people.”

It's typical hypocrisy that they didn't complain about the Murdoch press putting its thumb on the scale during the last referendum.

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Harry has requested that hes not longer to be referred to as a Prince and they were stripped of their Royal titles

Please respect his wishes and stop calling him Prince  

His wishes don't change the facts.

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Huh?

Yikes.

I think that shows a lack of knowledge on how constitutions work. The Queen is head of state - and this was conformed in a referendum in 1999.

It could be argued that the republican vote was split on the constitutional role and appointment of a future president - when in fact a majority of Australians actually wanted a republic.

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

yes and yes. I meant 1975. 1973 was when Whitlam was elected. Those powers have never changed.

I think you'll find that it couldn't happen again s the actions of Kerr at the time were considered by any to be illegal or unconstitutional and subsequent appointments would not be able to act the way he did.

4 hours ago, Thunglom said:

I think that shows a lack of knowledge on how constitutions work. The Queen is head of state - and this was conformed in a referendum in 1999.

It could be argued that the republican vote was split on the constitutional role and appointment of a future president - when in fact a majority of Australians actually wanted a republic.

I am not concerned with the details of Australian constitutional law, I just didn't know the Queen of England was Australian anything.

All this time you have been acting like nothing  was up and your Head of State was the Queen.

• Haha 1

Have to agree. After Harry and Meghan's antics I would favor the dissolution of the monarchy after the Queen passes.  Prince Charles is ruined due to the almost certainly misleading allegations that a member of the RF was concerned about Archie's possible skin color, what with one parent being the whitest black person ever and the other a virtual albino. Ditto for Wills and Kate. 

I would favor all land and houses they own to be used for homing homeless native people who have been dicriminated against. With retired service members given priority. Some good can come from the sad end to a British Institution.

Thanks Harry and Megs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why is it that you are so supportive and in favour of Harry and Megan ?

What have they done to gain your admiration of them ?

It presses the royalist buttons because Harry is Ginger and Megan is black.

And I personally admire their conduct in public vs Charles.

4 hours ago, Thunglom said:

I think you'll find that it couldn't happen again s the actions of Kerr at the time were considered by any to be illegal or unconstitutional and subsequent appointments would not be able to act the way he did.

They were consider unethical but I don't think they were illegal other than perhaps the collusion aspect.

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The Queen didn't help the UK win too many world cups. Fortunately, Harry and Megan have strengthened the gene pool somewhat.

Cesspool more like. A new line of whiners. At least they won't qualify as future monarchs.

5 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Have to agree. After Harry and Meghan's antics I would favor the dissolution of the monarchy after the Queen passes.  Prince Charles is ruined due to the almost certainly misleading allegations that a member of the RF was concerned about Archie's possible skin color, what with one parent being the whitest black person ever and the other a virtual albino. Ditto for Wills and Kate. 

I would favor all land and houses they own to be used for homing homeless native people who have been dicriminated against. With retired service members given priority. Some good can come from the sad end to a British Institution.

Thanks Harry and Megs.

Native people? OMG.

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It presses the royalist buttons because Harry is Ginger and Megan is black.

And I personally admire their conduct in public vs Charles.

But I thought they wanted privacy? Apart from the Netflix exposure, that is. ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Collusion now? Better clean yer boots.

The looming 40th anniversary has already given rise to some extraordinary revelations, not least from political scientist Jenny Hocking who has shed further light on just how closely Kerr colluded with Malcolm Fraser before 11 November – and how keenly he apparently kept Buckingham Palace in the loop.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/postcolonial-blog/2015/oct/31/gough-whitlam-40-years-on-the-dismissals-bastardry-still-intrigues

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/oct/26/prince-charles-knew-of-idea-to-dismiss-whitlam-before-1975-crisis-book-claims

38 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The looming 40th anniversary has already given rise to some extraordinary revelations, not least from political scientist Jenny Hocking who has shed further light on just how closely Kerr colluded with Malcolm Fraser before 11 November – and how keenly he apparently kept Buckingham Palace in the loop.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/postcolonial-blog/2015/oct/31/gough-whitlam-40-years-on-the-dismissals-bastardry-still-intrigues

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/oct/26/prince-charles-knew-of-idea-to-dismiss-whitlam-before-1975-crisis-book-claims

I suppose as head of state, HM is entitled to be kept in the loop.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I suppose as head of state, HM is entitled to be kept in the loop.

Deflection, the article alleges and demonstrates collusion between Fraser and the GG. I was 21 at the time, how about you?

QE II is head of state for various countries....

Antigua and Barbuda, 

Australia, 

The Bahamas, 

Belize, 

Canada, 

Grenada, 

Jamaica, 

New Zealand, 

Papua New Guinea, 

Saint Kitts and Nevis, 

Saint Lucia, 

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines,

the Solomon Islands, 

Tuvalu,

and the United Kingdom - wiki

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Deflection, the article alleges and demonstrates collusion between Fraser and the GG. I was 21 at the time, how about you?

You mentioned the palace, not me.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:37 AM, RichardColeman said:

Love the queen, and all she does for the UK. Can't say I am an adamant royalist, but I think she is a very special lady.

That said - all her offspring are clowns !

Charlie should not bother and just hand it over to his son and Kate, Did that the monarchy may continue as there is feeling for those two, but with charles at the helm the monarchy could be doomed

.....but please tell me honestly for what you need a queen or king?

All the wealth were coming from citizens over hundreds of years. Do you feel good having been exploited over centuries? 

And nowadays you keep them like pets? Feeding them getting excited when you'll see them in their crazyness. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1