Location advise for a Home outside of Bangkok

CanNot

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice regarding the area for my new home.

I live in central Bangkok for the for the last years, but the noise and stress in the city becoming to much for me (maybe I'm just getting old).

I'm thinking about moving into a a nice spacious house outside of Bangkok. I still would need to enter Bangkok downtown regularly by car.

Any ideas regarding the location to look at?

Edited by CanNot
  • Confused 1

Agree with above ... look at the far reaches of the rail lines, preferably without a transfer along the way, where you usually need to be in town.  

image.png.ea52f1796e7cc74542cfa9a9e97e1a9a.png

Edited by KhunLA

Saraburi. Moving here was the best thing I ever did after over a decade living in Pattaya, Rayong and Chiang Mai. 

Just an hours drive to BKK and they are currently building that new high speed railway from BKK to China which passes through Saraburi. 

Very quiet, no traffic jams, no double pricing and no flooding. 

On 6/2/2022 at 3:50 PM, KhunLA said:

Agree with above ... look at the far reaches of the rail lines, preferably without a transfer along the way, where you usually need to be in town.  

image.png.ea52f1796e7cc74542cfa9a9e97e1a9a.png

That's super helpful, thank you! 

• Like 1

Pointless to look at BTS or MRT lines if you are looking to live outside the city in a big house with space. As you would then still need to take another type of transport again. 

Anyway, ever looked into living in for example lad prao? I lived there myself and it was super quiet, had a big house for little money, was still downtown in no-time too. 

Would for sure not move to thonburi, nonthaburi or anything like that. Crazy traffic jams.

• 2 months later...

Anyone around Nakhon Pathon? 1.5 hours to BKK by train.

Apartments are cheap (I Googled). Land and houses expensive. A lady there claims "it's not hot here". She is... that's why I'm interested in.

A friend of mine (European) went to River Kwai and said it is beautiful; rivers, small lakes, green jungle and quiet.

2 nice N'l parks too to take hot lady for swim; https://tinyurl.com/yvu92e5h

Edited by GypsyT
mo info

Thinking some posts above above regarding access to existing and future rail is good advice.

When I was looking to purchase real estate, I stumbled on this site by "Greg to Differ" as shown in this screenshot.

It accurately superimposes all existing and future lines onto Google maps..

The link is in his article.

Found this VERY helpful.

Screenshot_20220807-114616.jpg

I think once you live outside Bangkok you will see that all provinces have everything Bangkok has. International food, quality restaurants and all the services needed to live in Thailand like driving license, immigration etc. If you have to travel for work to Bangkok that different but otherwise any province would be ok to move too but the east is easier as it only 1-2 hours. It all depends on how often you need to visit Bangkok.

• Like 1

The BTS lines are now extended out past Don Muang and MRT goes out past Nonthaburi on the purple line.  Many newer housing estates going up out those ways as well as down towards Bang Na.  Easy access to the lines, many houses and condos are within walking distance of the lines.  You could also live down near the Airport in one of the newer areas and could use the SRT line.

• Like 1

We live in the NE of Bangkok district. They still have rice fields nearby and it is very pleasant, so you don't have to live in another province to find quiet. Just hear the birds in the garden/parks. It takes 40 minutes to drive into the CBD along expressway when not peak time, but we tend to park and ride the BTS if we have to come in, which isn't very often these days.

KhunLa's map would be your best guide after disclosing where in Bangkok you need to commute.  I live in Nonthaburi as we have  a business both there and at Chatuchak. I wouldn't be living there if my business was in Lat Krabang. I also agree with BangkokAlan that all the services you require are available immediately outside Bangkok itself. In the case of Nonthaburi that also includes its own (very welcoming, efficient and stress free) immigration.

Your request for 'quiet' depends on the type of housing you choose. My Moo Bahn is just over the Chao Phraya off a main 12 lane highway but there's no traffic noise, I rarely bump into any of my neighbours, no bars or restaurants on the Moo Bahn blasting out music until the small hours.  The only noise that I 'suffer' is the 7 AM TiChi grunts on the nearby park.

I'm sure you can find all that on the side of town that is closest to your work.

Edited by DaLa
Spelling