Partygate: Boris Johnson says he was 'very, very surprised' to receive fine for lockdown party

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Extreme? It was a few drinks in the office.

Against the rules? Sure. But hardly "extreme".

Yea i consider it extreme because we in the Netherlands don't like double standards like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Similar?

Stealing power from a democratically elected government via an illegal military coup is not really the same as having drinks at the end of a working day during Lockdown ????

My similar was the double standards you have. Because its a guy you like you dont mind. That is exactly how the Thai government behaves.

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

Yea i consider it extreme because we in the Netherlands don't like double standards like that. 

Yet Rutte survived wrongly accusing thousands of child welfare fraud. 

A few glasses of wine. A minor infraction. Let the electorate decide how serious they think it was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

My similar was the double standards you have. Because its a guy you like you dont mind. That is exactly how the Thai government behaves.

No. 

The actions were completely different. Comparing leading a military coup to having a few glasses of wine after work during lockdown doesn't make sense.

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Against the law. That's why he was fined.

Yet Sturgeon wasn't.

Starmer managed to worm his way out of it (so far).

Politically biased. Let the voters decide how serious this was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Yet Sturgeon wasn't.

The voters have, as much as they can at the moment.  The local elections showed the Conservatives got a a complete hammering, losing seats at a staggering rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Yet Sturgeon wasn't.

Sparple all you want, but outside of the Tory rags, people are furious. Real people suffered and died while they partied, lied and smirked.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Sparple all you want, but outside of the Tory rags, people are furious. Real people suffered and died while they partied, lied and smirked.

Actually many people I talk to think it's a storm in a teacup and are more concerned about real issues like the cost of living crisis.

But if they are that angry they can always vote for Starmer, Rayner, Abbott, Lammy, Nandy etc. at the next election ????.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Actually many people I talk to think it's a storm in a teacup and are more concerned about real issues like the cost of living crisis.

But if they are that angry they can always vote for Starmer, Rayner, Abbott, Lammy, Nandy etc. at the next election ????.

Like attracts like. That's why you hear what you hear.

And yes, the sooner the Johnson junta are out of office the better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The voters have, as much as they can at the moment.  The local elections showed the Conservatives got a a complete hammering, losing seats at a staggering rate.

That's the way it should be. 

Hopefully the votes are respected, we wouldn't want a repeat of Labour and the Lib Dems behaviour after the Brexit vote where they tried their best to over-turn the result.

Let's see what happens at the next general election. A week is a long time in politics. I believe the deadline for the next GE is 2025. I'm sure that time will just fly by.

• Like 1

Just now, baboon said:

Like attracts like. That's why you hear what you hear.

And yes, the sooner the Johnson junta are out of office the better.

Yes there is some truth in that. Echo chambers are a strange thing as we saw in 2016. We'll see what happens in 2025 or maybe sooner.

BTW Junta generally refers to taking power by force. The conservatives won by a landslide at the polls.

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes there is some truth in that. Echo chambers are a strange thing as we saw in 2016. We'll see what happens in 2025 or maybe sooner.

BTW Junta generally refers to taking power by force. The conservatives won by a landslide at the polls.

45% of votes cast is now a resounding victory?

Sometimes I think I must be living in a parallel universe where up is down and black is white. Jesus...

During that same period of time, how many in the UK were tracked down by cops and drones while out walking their dogs in the middle of nowhere and get arrested and fined.  Or arrested and fined for having a party like their Prime Minister?

But -
"I'm Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister, and a 'special some-body.'  I'm different then the UK commoners..  There are different rules for elites like myself and the rest of you commoner scum who were arrested and fined during the same period of time I was breaking the laws.  See - I'm special commoners.  And you are not.  Those laws are for you commoners, not me and people like me.
Now - I'm not leaving. The country needs me. And those silly fines should be discarded for myself and my friends..  But all of you bad commoner scum who broke the law and had a gathering like I did during holidays -- Shame on you commoners!  Shame on you.  You should obey the laws.  The laws are made for you to keep you commoners in your place - they are not made for the likes of me.  I'm elite and I'm special.  Now <deleted> off."

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, baboon said:

Nick Clegg was just the same as Pol Pot, was he? Exactly. Angela Merkel the same as Papa Doc Duvalier

Nick Clegg was a political chancer and a political coward, with no real principles, Angela Merkle, exactly the same.  Yes, they are all as bad as one another. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Nick Clegg was a political chancer and a political coward, with no real principles, Angela Merkle, exactly the same.  Yes, they are all as bad as one another. 

So there we have it, ladies and gentlemen. Nick Clegg and Pol Pot are identical, as are Angela Merkel and Papa Doc Duvalier. I'm lost for words. People have truly descended into madness and it won't end well for any of us.

Edited by baboon
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

He made mistakes attending these work gatherings where drinks were served, no doubt. But after delivering Brexit, he has a lot of leeway with a lot of voters. 

Also, when the alternative (Labour) can't even define what a woman is (Starmer), call the opposition "Scum" (Rayner), threaten people with Acid attacks (Webbe) and contain comedy figures like Dianne Abbott, he could probably dance naked at Creamfields with a Covid mask as a loincloth and still get re-elected. 

Time for the opposition to up their game. If you can't beat Johnson after all of this carry on, you don't deserve to be in power.

Oh dear, how sad and angry you must be.

28 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes they did , via a pack of lies, but some people believed them lol.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yet Sturgeon wasn't.

On June 23 they will in two by elections, Wakefield and Tiverton and Honiton.

25 minutes ago, baboon said:

So there we have it, ladies and gentlemen. Nick Clegg and Pol Pot are identical, as are Angela Merkel and Papa Doc Duvalier. I'm lost for words. People have truly descended into madness and it won't end well for any of us.

who said anything about comparisons with Pol Pot or Papa Doc; only you my friend. Look to yourself for the mad logic.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

who said anything about comparisons with Pol Pot or Papa Doc; only you my friend. Look to yourself for the mad logic.

You are, by saying they are all as bad as each other when clearly this is not the case.

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Was she involved in the parties this thread is about?

Same offence. Johnson was fined. Sturgeon was not.

Political bias.

No big deal though. All the pearl clutchers can vote for Labour next time. Led by Starmer. Also caught maskless and drinking during lockdown. Same same.

image.png.7f2cb26251ec9515a4c4f37b65972ba7.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Same offence. Johnson was fined. Sturgeon was not.

Political bias.

No big deal though. All the pearl clutchers can vote for Labour next time. Led by Starmer. Also caught maskless and drinking during lockdown. Same same.

image.png.7f2cb26251ec9515a4c4f37b65972ba7.png

So that's a no on Sturgeon then.

And was the labour leader involved in the parties this thread was about?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So that's a no on Sturgeon then.

And was the labour leader involved in the parties this thread was about?

Of course not. Why would Johnson invite either of those 2 clowns to a party at Downing Street? Can you imagine Sturgeon walking into any party, it would immediately kill the vibe ????.

It doesn't need to be the same event to be the same offense. 

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Of course not. Why would Johnson invite either of those 2 clowns to a party at Downing Street? Can you imagine Sturgeon walking into any party, it would immediately kill the vibe ????.

It doesn't need to be the same event to be the same offense. 

So just deflection then.

Thought so.

Sturgeon case was dealt with .

Starmer under investigation.

johnson broke his own rules and is surprised he was punished for doing so...he believes he is above the rules.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So just deflection then.

Thought so.

Sturgeon case was dealt with .

Starmer under investigation.

johnson broke his own rules and is surprised he was punished for doing so...he believes he is above the rules.

Simply pointing out that many party leaders broke the rules. Yet the only one you are concerned with is Johnson. Political bias once again.