Health officials "concerned" about reopening of bars/clubs - promise more checks to ensure compliance

webfact

6 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@ThailandRyan joysponge.  i bet you're a bundle of laughs on a night out.  

Just posting a truthful view with supporting links. No use in lying to oneself is there. Life needs to be lived but people should not ignore the facts.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

In BKK for a couple of weeks in April and the bars I frequented were same as 4 years ago - just a new batch of ladies and not as many customers. Can't comment on closing time, in bed by midnight at my age.

The reopening had pretty well already happened.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, paulikens said:

when aren't health officials concerned!

When it is a brand new virus that China claims cannot be transferred between humans... as we heard about 2 years 3-4 months back?

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I couldn't be concerned less. Haven't been to "entertainment venues" in years. Instead, I frequent "restaurants" quite regularly.

I buy a few cans of beer and go home and play guitar. 
Life in the rural quiet lane of Thailand.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smedly said:

bars and clubs have been open for weeks, absolutely rammed 

these people need to get a dose of reality, the world has turned a corner, people are fed up to the back teeth of excessive stupid rules and those that want to keep this cluster going

Covid is over - why are they not getting it in Thailand

enough

more wood

Open for months more like. The Ekkamai clubs have been openly trading until at least 1am for an age.  I drive down there often on a Friday night coming home and there are crowds every time. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I guess some people are really disappointed that is all over, The fear mongering has been on another level since day one, and not only from the authorities and the self professed "experts"  One particular "tall" guy on here was posting every day , every time some official "statistics" were released he felt the need to dutifully publish them on here along with a few cut and pasted charts to verify his efforts, and the same terrified people dutifully "liked" his declarations. and often added a few of their own figures to further fan the flames of fear, I wonder if these people always blindly believe government statistics without question?  It would appear that its not only the authorities that seek to control the behaviour of others. The same people also seemed to delight in vilifying anybody who dared to question the official "narrative" 

I also found it a bit strange that the death of  80+ year old people  from covid was suddenly a  "tragedy" whereas, a few years ago, if they had died from Flu, or anything else for that matter it wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.

There's going to be a few people with nothing to talk about now, but then again there's still monkey pox........!

Yes, these people were strange folk indeed.   But propaganda based on fear is a powerful tool and the majority of people (I think 70%) have no inbuilt defence against it.   There is even a certain percentage of people who are so susceptible to it they will not just believe everything they are told, but will act as useful idiots for the authorities and try and convince others to be as irrationally scared as they are.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1