At least 4 dead, multiple people injured in shooting at Tulsa, Oklahoma, medical building: Police

onthedarkside

Screenshot_2.jpg.df6f0ee9a3019e7f2819af1bfee2584e.jpg

At least four people are dead and multiple people are injured following a shooting at the Natalie Building at Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Wednesday evening, according to police.

Dispatchers received a 911 call shortly before 5 p.m. local time about a man walking with a rifle at the Natalie Building, a physicians' office building on the Saint Francis Hospital campus. When police responded, they said it turned into an active shooter situation, according to Tulsa Police Capt. Richard Meulenberg.

When police entered the building, they found multiple people shot in one area on the second floor, including in an orthopedic office, authorities said. The victims could be a combination both of employees and visitors, authorities initially said.

(more)

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-responding-active-shooting-tulsa-oklahoma-hospital/story?id=85120242

122452687_ABCNews.jpg.9085889c14169a97e0f6a12d375284ab.jpg

Gunman who killed 4 at Oklahoma medical building had been a patient of a victim, police chief says

The gunman who killed four people at an Oklahoma medical building Wednesday had been a surgery patient of one of victims, Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin said in a news conference Thursday.

The shooter, Michael Louis, who police also found dead, shot and killed Dr. Preston Phillips, Dr. Stephanie Husen, Amanda Green and William Love in a medical building on the campus of Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa, Franklin said.

Louis had back surgery on May 19, performed by Phillips, and subsequently called several times over several days complaining of pain and wanting additional treatment, according to Franklin.

Louis bought an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle from a gun store at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin said. Police were called about the shooting shortly before 5 p.m.

(more)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/us/tulsa-hospital-shooting-thursday/index.html

CNN.jpg.3df858b1bf79bb8d85d2dc1309645119.jpg

Seems to be a lot of AR15s being used as the favoured weapon in human slaughter in the US.  How much are they to buy there as I assume being ten-a-penny they are pretty cheap, or in the US do they give them away with a box of corn flakes ?

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

So another mass shooting with a legally purchased AR-15 style semi automatic firearm. As per the stats the majority of mass shootings are with legally purchased weapons. There will be another one come along within a few days. Its a never ending cycle. Too many excuses being made about the lax gun laws, not enough action.

A bullet killed JFK...NO ONE blamed the bullet

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Do you live in a war zone or maybe you have info that the Russians are coming? My bet its just bragging rights or paranoid thoughts of a bogeyman.

Well done 2A this is exactly why the laws need changing

It's more than just guns which America has a over supply of, it's also about the mentality of the shooter, Red flags. Too many nut cases in America? Many moons ago I went deer hunting in Michigan and was told to wear yellow, red or orange colors and I did but so many were wearing camouflaged jackets to look cool and a few were shot that season. Teaching must start at a early age as it is never to late.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wombat said:

A bullet killed JFK...NO ONE blamed the bullet

Do you suppose a surgeon would also say that while they carry out life saving trauma surgery on a patient. IMHO I think they will be blaming the bullet and the resulting damage to the body such as a massive hole or spinal cord injury.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

So another mass shooting with a legally purchased AR-15 style semi automatic firearm. As per the stats the majority of mass shootings are with legally purchased weapons. There will be another one come along within a few days. Its a never ending cycle. Too many excuses being made about the lax gun laws, not enough action.

This guy BOUGHT THE WEAPON as he was ON HIS WAY TO THE HOSPITAL! Perhaps if there had been something as simple as a few day waiting period to buy such a military grade weapon, then this massacre may never have happened.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

This guy BOUGHT THE WEAPON as he was ON HIS WAY TO THE HOSPITAL! Perhaps if there had been something as simple as a few day waiting period to buy such a military grade weapon, then this massacre may never have happened.

I bought a handgun last year and had to wait over 2 weeks for back ground check to clear.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

These shootings in America are being done by mentality disturbed people.  And when one mentality disturbed person commits a violent act it’s given publicity on the news.  Then all the mentality disturbed  copycats come out and it’s a chain reaction.  
People are posting on here like every American is just walking around shooting people.  Or is violent.  And instead of looking at this and other issues realistically,  Some people on here just ridicule America and other western countries for everything.  They were bitter probably because they couldn’t make it in  America  or their own countries .So they take the opportunity to 
ridicule an entire country every chance they get.

And by the way.  Not every person is violent or has the potential for violence in America.  If you make an assumption like that .  It just shows how ignorant you actually are. 

The problem is America has a HUGE number of gun nuts who have warped the 2nd amendment in their minds. They always overlook that initial part where it clearly states "A well regulated Militia . . ." and instead think ANY citizen should be able to buy a military-grade weapon without any regulation.

You are correct, people tend to paint all Americans with the same ugly brush. Any more, if someone asks me where I'm from, I tell them "Canada."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I bought a handgun last year and had to wait over 2 weeks for back ground check to clear.

And that's how it SHOULD be throughout the US. This guy walked in to a store, full of pain and anger, and picked up this murder weapon as if it were a pack of gum.

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Unlucky you:

How Long Do Background Checks Take?

At least 90% of NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System) background checks provide an answer almost immediately.6 The average processing time for an electronic NICS check is 107 seconds.7

35 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

These shootings in America are being done by mentality disturbed people.  And when one mentality disturbed person commits a violent act it’s given publicity on the news.  Then all the mentality disturbed  copycats come out and it’s a chain reaction.  
People are posting on here like every American is just walking around shooting people.  Or is violent.  And instead of looking at this and other issues realistically,  Some people on here just ridicule America and other western countries for everything.  They were bitter probably because they couldn’t make it in  America  or their own countries .So they take the opportunity to 
ridicule an entire country every chance they get.

And by the way.  Not every person is violent or has the potential for violence in America.  If you make an assumption like that .  It just shows how ignorant you actually are. 

There are disturbed people in every country of the world and yet they do not have this problem to such an extent. Does that give you a clue as to why?

4 hours ago, Excel said:

Seems to be a lot of AR15s being used as the favoured weapon in human slaughter in the US.  How much are they to buy there as I assume being ten-a-penny they are pretty cheap, or in the US do they give them away with a box of corn flakes ?

How much does an AR-15 cost?

New AR-15 rifles can sell for $400 to $2,000 and nearly every major gun manufacturer produces one. Ammunition is inexpensive and can be bought in bulk online, and magazines are interchangeable between manufacturers. 

• Like 1

I listened to Biden's speech today when he said enough , enough . However he then went on to state a compromise in banning automatic and semi automatic rifles , which still leaves a multitude of weapons to be bought . Then he proposed a raising of the age of gun buyers from 18 to 21 ( I thought that 25 would be more effective ) . However there was a sensible comment when he said that gun shop owners should not have immunity from prosecution . A member of the public was interviewed and she said that nothing will change with the gun laws because any amendment would be blocked by the republican controlled senate . A recent US poll showed a near 50/50 split on gun law revision . Law enforcement must be a nightmare in the U.S.A. Who would want to be a cop in the U.S. with so many uncontrolled guns around . The U.S.A. are the leaders of the free world and should be setting an example but at the moment they are looking like a country of idiots run by an idiotic political system that will not provide a safe place to live