Thai Beers - which one is your favorite ?

The Ultimate Thai Beers Showdown  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Where is Tapper and Chang Cold Brew in your list please?

Sorry, Kannika ????

Can't edit the poll I'm afraid.

You'll have to go with your 3rd favorite one...

Edited by Baron Samedi
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Leo #8 is pretty good.

But not for drinking, ????they are all poor beers, Cheers Extra, Tapper, Red Horse are the only ones I bother with. Chang was ok until the latest drop to 4.8%, will not buy now. None are up to Lao dark of course. Had one of those SIngha Reserves, just another fizzy lager slightly stronger.

• Like 2

I like Leo the best.  Singha is too much of a German-type beer for me and usually seems to be kept past its sell-by date by many bars and restaurants.  LEO always seems to be fresher with less aftertaste than any of the other brands.  I really like some of the microbrews that are shipped in from Cambodia, but they are generally too pricey.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

LEO BEER seems to hit the spot. fairly priced , and it tends to get me buzzed at around 3 or 4 , 490 ml cans. I prefer cans vs bottled beer in LOS  as with sun and heat exposure any bottled beer in Thailand tends to get skunked too easily. Place the cans in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Case closed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Isn't that beer from Lao (and thus not a Thai beer) ?

As a true alcoholic, I am not supposed to know those geographical nuances. The best beer one can buy in Thailand (the cheaper options) is LAO beer. IMHO.

• Haha 1

something either happened in 2008 or my taste changed. pre 2008ish all the beers had their own distinctive flavor, and were stronger too (%ABV). they were all very 'drinkable'. Ice cold Chang and Leo were both great. They even had medals printed on the boxes claiming awards were given by some beer competition in Australia. after 2008ish the recipe must have changed, the alcohol content went down, and none of them were any better than a supermarket own brand bevvy. Maybe time there was a 7/11 own brand brew made by the CP corporation...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

As a true alcoholic, I am not supposed to know those geographical nuances. The best beer one can buy in Thailand (the cheaper options) is LAO beer. IMHO.

The questions seem to be asking what Thai beer is the best , rather than asking what beer in Thailand is the best 

3 hours ago, billyburi said:

LEO BEER seems to hit the spot. fairly priced , and it tends to get me buzzed at around 3 or 4 , 490 ml cans. I prefer cans vs bottled beer in LOS  as with sun and heat exposure any bottled beer in Thailand tends to get skunked too easily. Place the cans in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Case closed.

Lot's of sulfites (or, is it sulfates) in Thai beers because of the extremes storage and shipping conditions. 

• Like 1