Boris Johnson could face leadership challenge this week, the Sunday Times reports

onthedarkside

3 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

"There is no alternative to BJ".

Jeez, just when you thought the bar couldn't get any lower.....

Yep, might as well burn the country to the ground, then.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

If you "evade" everything Guardian how do you know that the Guardian is "anti everything"?

Come on fess up mate. You're the bloke who spreads posts all over social media with "I don't watch the BBC cos of it's lefty bias" (conveniently ignoring that Farridge has been their (BBC) virtually resident panelist on QT.

Sunbeam, I have lived a longish life to come to my conclusions. I read many items from various rags and I dismiss near all where the Guardian is concerned, it should be re-named "Antimush".

Newspaper articles are written by individuals, The Guardian is a paper that is full of anti-anything writers, probably carefully selected.

Now, if you don't like my findings, tough.

I rarely watch the BBC in LOS, no need too. ????

As for lefties, well, they near hate anything in their country, reminds me of when I was a kid starting work and listening to the union carp, it soon occurred to me these people are more interested in causing grief than sorting their woes out...????

Anyhoooo, you carry on, and please refrain from talking about Boris's haircut, for some reason, those who don't like the bloke seem transfixed on that, or what the butler heard through a glass on the wall...????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let’s see who it is possessed of a myopic view.

Go get Corby's suit brushed off, and get Abbott to do more rehearsing before she speaks, a winner for the lefty crowd, plus they have a special bond with terrorist organisations to keep us safe. ????

Your current "Sir" just isn't cutting it, and his sidekick has the mouth of a public bar tender..... Get to work chap....????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

"There is no alternative to BJ".

Jeez, just when you thought the bar couldn't get any lower.....

The bar is certainly set very low and I think that Johnson may just hang on.  It is hard to see any MPs stepping up to try and sort out this unholy mess. Certainly the usual subjects will be sitting on their hands waiting for someone gullible enough to put their hand up.  They will then all buddy up to them to desperately try to hang onto their cabinet posts.

17 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

about time, vote that clown out, he is a liar and a disgrace for the UK

Perhaps a little early there hasn't been enough time for the conservative MP's to realise just how much public opinion is against him and, by default, the conservative party. Too many of them still think he is the best thing since sliced bread, it is to his advantage to have a vote as quickly as possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let’s see who it is possessed of a myopic view.

Yes indeed. Time will tell. If past events are anything to go by Johnson may survive the confidence vote but will be under pressure to resign in due course. He could call a general election which would be interesting....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Once again you are posting your ‘stuck in the past’ off topic nonsense.

Refer top of the thread for the topic of discussion.

Don't confuse him, dinosaurs living in the past can not face life in the real world.  ????

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, baboon said:

Let me guess:

'Clearly lessons have been learned and we ought to move on from this.' (Smirk)

Then on to the next scandal.

My side punt was he’d survive and in the near future call an early election.

I’m sticking with it.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My side pint was he’d survive and in the near future call an early election.

I’m sticking with it.

We'll see. But I think his ego will not allow it. I think he will limp on and hope for something to turn up.

But then again, if he feels he has no way out, he might decide to burn the house down and take them with him. It'll be interesting one way or another...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, baboon said:

We'll see. But I think his ego will not allow it. I think he will limp on and hope for something to turn up.

But then again, if he feels he has no way out, he might decide to burn the house down and take them with him. It'll be interesting one way or another...

It's the UK chum, not Russia.....Gawd......????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Of course the "scandals" will not stop if their is a change of leadership .

The left wind media will just find another minor happening and turn it into a long running "sandal" for the new leader . 

Its an ongoing relentless campaign that will only stop when and if Labour form the next Government 

" Party gate " should be put to bed and the speaker can forbid any more discussions on this topic as there are far more important matters to be addressed . BJ will never resign nor call an election whilst his popularity has waned .  He cannot be challenged for his leadership for another year and if he can make it to the summer recession on the 21st July he could see out his term . The next hurdles for BJ will be the Privileges cross party enquiry into any misleading statements in the commons . He will survive that but the crunch will come if he brings a new bill to the house for approval and his Tory negative confidence voters retain their stance and vote against him or abstain . That would leave him in an untenable position .    

His own parties revolt on the vote had to happen in order to protect the integrity of the house . Some have said that the anti vote was a slap on the wrist for BJ and to be more diligent in the future . If the Tory MPs do not reform and stick together , they will crumble and succumb to Beer Starmer .

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, superal said:

" Party gate " should be put to bed and the speaker can forbid any more discussions on this topic as there are far more important matters to be addressed . BJ will never resign nor call an election whilst his popularity has waned .  He cannot be challenged for his leadership for another year and if he can make it to the summer recession on the 21st July he could see out his term . The next hurdles for BJ will be the Privileges cross party enquiry into any misleading statements in the commons . He will survive that but the crunch will come if he brings a new bill to the house for approval and his Tory negative confidence voters retain their stance and vote against him or abstain . That would leave him in an untenable position .    

His own parties revolt on the vote had to happen in order to protect the integrity of the house . Some have said that the anti vote was a slap on the wrist for BJ and to be more diligent in the future . If the Tory MPs do not reform and stick together , they will crumble and succumb to Beer Starmer .

The next hurdle is the upcoming bi-elections, and yes, then the Parliamentary Privileges report.

Under the rules, as they stand, Johnson cannot be challenged for another twelve months, but the rules can be changed.

The Tories now have a leader who does not have the support of a significant number of his own MPs and dwindling support amongst the public.

The economy is getting worse, inflation is getting worse, poverty is getting worse, Brexit is getting worse and Johnson is bereft of any policies to fix any of it.

Nobody does an internecine knife fight like the Tories.

The clock is ticking.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The economy is getting worse, inflation is getting worse, poverty is getting worse, Brexit is getting worse and Johnson is bereft of any policies to fix any of it.

Name any western leader that doesn't have the same problem?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Name any western leader that doesn't have the same problem?

No other western leader has self harmed with Brexit.

Germany, France, The Netherlands, no where in Scandinavia are facing the levels of or growth in poverty that the UK is facing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We can be sure Johnson will never make an honorable resignation.

It’s a great result for the UK’s opposition parties.

Well it finally took a criminal in their own nest  to do what the other parties have been trying to do to the Tories for over a century. Maggie Thatcher would be so pleased to look down on how Boris is screwing with the British electorate.

• Like 1