Thai Expats celebrate Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in style

webfact

32 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

Should it not also include the commonwealth?

Don't the Aussies, Kiwis, Canucks and others still bend the knee to her.

Yes, that is Aussie expats, Kiwi expats, Canuck expats. NOT THAI EXPATS.

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It only cost 30 Million Pounds , we save more than that per day by not having to give the money to the E.U. anymore  

And add all the money generated by all the street parties and also the overseas visitors contribution to the UK economy over the period,

PS;  Has there ever been any popular, or otherwise, dictators to serve 70 years.

Even Castro didn't make that milestone!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Are there many Thai expats in Thailand?  It looks more like foreign expats and their Thai partners. ????

Make allowances for Michael Bridge, at least he used his name this time.

1 hour ago, TropicalGuy said:

No. It’s called Minor Insignificant Royal Families. ????????

Many reasons why UK is the coolest most admired most influential most achieving country in history. Queen just one of hundreds of those “ reasons to be cheerful” with UK ????????

Ok, Mr informed. Let us hear.

What makes UK the coolest country?

Who else, then UK citizens, is admiring UK more than their home country? (That you can Google as it is very much written about. Please do turn off your UK VPN first. ????)

What people or what countries, sees UK as the most influential country in history more than UK citizens? (Please don´t tell me to Google it. The pages that showing UK at the top are owned by and run by brits)

Most achieving country? Really??! (Please, don´t Google that one too. It´s just happy USA and UK fanatics that runs the domains)

So, now about the queen. I wish her a much longer life at great health for many years to come. On the other side, that´s what I wish all people I know and don´t know. So, what´s the difference? That she has a higher status? Sorry, that won´t work for me.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whats the point of that? its just a troll post snipping and editing my post without context. If you're going to respond to me then at least make some effort

Why are you getting on him for? The whole point is that you wrote that you do not understand. No one shifted any and said it has anything to do with things outside this topic. Just explain, please. How are we supposed to understand "I do not understand" when you post such things?

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Why are you getting on him for? The whole point is that you wrote that you do not understand. No one shifted any and said it has anything to do with things outside this topic. Just explain, please. How are we supposed to understand "I do not understand" when you post such things?

Did you read my full post before he edited it into a 4 word out of context snippet from a post that explained my understanding in detail?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Do we see any other people from any other country make such big celebrations in a foreign country for the royal family in the country they chose to leave? No, and it´s a reason for that. It´s called common sense.

Why are you so vehemently anti-British ?

Without knowing the reason, I can only assume that something has happened at some point in time to make you like this.

Any chance of enlightening me, and others, on your reason for this hatred  …. thanks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You should read comments carefully before making such purple comments

If the forum rules allowed it I can think of many more colourful words than "purple" to describe my thoughts on that "&^*&%$'s" comments and lack of comprehension!

Edited by DezLez
not allowed bad words!!

35 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Who else, then UK citizens, is admiring UK more than their home country? (That you can Google as it is very much written about. Please do turn off your UK VPN first. ????)

What people or what countries, sees UK as the most influential country in history more than UK citizens? (Please don´t tell me to Google it. The pages that showing UK at the top are owned by and run by brits)

Most achieving country? Really??! (Please, don´t Google that one too. It´s just happy USA and UK fanatics that runs the domains)

So, now about the queen. I wish her a much longer life at great health for many years to come. On the other side, that´s what I wish all people I know and don´t know. So, what´s the difference? That she has a higher status? Sorry, that won´t work for me.

Very few non-British understand how the oldest most mature democracy works or why UK is so successful. ????

All Western Europe grateful for our WW1 & WW2 successful endeavors.

Except embarrassed surrendering French of course who pretend USA alone liberated them.????????????

• Like 2

Just now, TropicalGuy said:

Very few non-British understand how the oldest most mature democracy works or why UK is so successful. ????

All Western Europe grateful for our WW1 & WW2 successful endeavors.

Except embarrassed surrendering French of course who pretend USA alone liberated them.????????????

I thought all French people were in the resistance and De Gaulle liberated them.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Why are you so vehemently anti-British ?

Without knowing the reason, I can only assume that something has happened at some point in time to make you like this.

Any chance of enlightening me, and others, on your reason for this hatred  …. thanks

Jealousy Envy Inferiority Defeated; who cares ? ????????

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, lungbing said:

De Gaulle liberated them.

That's what he to;d them but as was said at the time It was General Spears, not Churchill, who remarked, “the hardest cross I have to bear is the Cross of Lorraine,”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DezLez said:

And add all the money generated by all the street parties and also the overseas visitors contribution to the UK economy over the period,

PS;  Has there ever been any popular, or otherwise, dictators to serve 70 years.

Even Castro didn't make that milestone!

Didn’t Enver Hoxha the Albanian Tyrant get 99.97% election vote ? Guinness Book of Records !  
The 0.03% “spoiled ballots” never heard from again????????????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DezLez said:

If the forum rules allowed it I can think of many more colourful words than "purple" to describe my thoughts on that "&^*&%$'s" comments and lack of comprehension!

Haha … I typed puerile and somehow got autocorrected ✌️

57 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

If you have to ask these questions you wouldn’t understand or accept the answers. ????????????????????you either “get” the unique wonder of Britain???? …. or you don’t. ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Didn’t Enver Hoxha the Albanian Tyrant get 99.97% election vote ? Guinness Book of Records !  
The 0.03% “spoiled ballots” never heard from again????????????

Even then as a brutal dictator he only lasted 41 years in total!

Edited by DezLez

1 minute ago, DezLez said:

Even then as a brutal dictator he only lasted 41 years in total!

A national record at least !  ????????Yes he was so incredibly popular that the people he has shot or hung were singing his praises to the last ! On pain of their entire families getting garroted no doubt ….????????

• Like 1