Wise is really getting slow even for banks on the "list"

Trying to send 50k THB to my SCB account.

Funded via my Bank in Europe immediately (as you can see) and it still hasn't reached my account.

Reason for sending I gave at wise, "Monthly Living Expenses"

wise.thumb.jpg.f6eb5187f8343e594edf9c3be69cf7fc.jpg

Edit: But Strangely enough, the 30k THB I send yesterday to my BBL account, was received almost immediately! So my guess is that for quick transfers you should stay under the 50k THB. (Also send as Living Expenses)

Edited by MJCM
Added some info

4 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Sent a very large amount to my Bangkok Bank a few days ago and it came the next day. It's just part of their process that random transfers get held up sometimes for extra verification. 

Thx, I am staying in the future under the 50k and I expect this to arrive on Monday, so that is 5 full days. But will report back when it actually arrives

Edited by MJCM

I've been using Wise for many years, and the predecessor, Transfer Wise before. 

I usually transfer £5k or £10k at a time, from UK account, always to my Bangkok Bank account, and it is always next day at latest. 

Even had it same day on a couple of occasions. I don't think the amount is the issue, so just stick to BBL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Thx, I am staying in the future under the 50k and I expect this to arrive on Monday, so that is 5 full days. But will report back when it actually arrives

You may be right about the 50k, 5 days is long for them, probably due to checks, although i read somewhere they have funding issues sometimes

• Like 1

Guest truthman

I transferred around 35,000 baht worth from my US Citibank account yesterday and it took six seconds. Timing might be important.  I avoid weekends and holidays although I don't know if that actually does any good.  I guess it also depends on whether they have the funds available in Thailand but the whole process is a bit of a mystery.

2 minutes ago, truthman said:

I transferred around 35,000 baht worth from my US Citibank account yesterday and it took six seconds

Same happened with the 30k to my BBL account which I send yesterday as a test and it was very fast, but this 50k was send on Wednesday (early morning Thai). So no idea why it is THIS slow!

And I have send an email to their Helpdesk but don't hold my breath getting a real answer why it is this slow!!!

The longest time I can remember having to wait for my money to appear in my SCB Thai bank, with Wise, in the last 2 years,  is 5 to 7  seconds, that during normal banking days, so not on Thai holidays. I suggest that there may be an issue with your accounts or banks rather than with Wise?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I suggest that there may be an issue with your accounts or banks rather than with Wise? 

Why is it then then that a 30k transfer funded from the same bank but send to BBL got there fast?????

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Why is it then then that a 30k transfer funded from the same bank but send to BBL got there fast?????

Any reason for the 5 question marks? Am I meant to care more when you do that?

To answer your 5 questions, I have no idea  and now, after that, I  don't care, I was just suggesting that the fault may not be with Wise,  as many others are not reporting any issues with that service, including me. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The issue probably has more to do with the amount being sent.

Is 50K not more than Wise state can be sent to some Thai Banks ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

The longest time I can remember having to wait for my money to appear in my SCB Thai bank, with Wise, in the last 2 years,  is 5 to 7  seconds, that during normal banking days, so not on Thai holidays. I suggest that there may be an issue with your accounts or banks rather than with Wise?  

Spot on.....

I'd also add that Saturdays make no difference either albeit last one took 3 minutes rather than the normal 3 seconds

59 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The issue probably has more to do with the amount being sent.

Is 50K not more than Wise state can be sent to some Thai Banks ?

Yeah but SCB is on the list same as BBL and I believe Kasikorn as well

7 hours ago, MJCM said:

Edit: But Strangely enough, the 30k THB I send yesterday to my BBL account, was received almost immediately! So my guess is that for quick transfers you should stay under the 50k THB. (Also send as Living Expenses)

I noticed that 50K THB cut off point on a transfer a while back, but forgot about checking/confirming it on subsequent transfers, although another poster later in the thread appeared to confirm it.

Discussion with screenshots here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1245902-wise-anyone-else-experiences-delays-on-money-transfers-from-uk/page/2/#comment-17141052

On 6/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, MJCM said:

Because they accept payment without receiving payment on lower sums but may require actual transaction receipt for higher amounts.  Had that happen in the past, just after name change, when tried to send 3k USD so lowered amount and immediate.  Now normally send 1.4k each time and that remove that issue as well as any 50k baht issue.

Jun 9 to BBL 5 seconds at 0749 medical

Jun 6 to BBL 6 seconds at 1445 living

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Because they accept payment without receiving payment on lower sums but may require actual transaction receipt for higher amounts.  Had that happen in the past, just after name change, when tried to send 3k USD so lowered amount and immediate.  Now normally send 1.4k each time and that remove that issue as well as any 50k baht issue.

Jun 9 to BBL 5 seconds at 0749 medical

Jun 6 to BBL 6 seconds at 1445 living

You'll never convince half of this lot that monies land time after time within seconds

As I've said consistently those that are having delays is purely down to them being red flagged

Medical Funds Long time stay funds Bonking funds its makes not the slightest difference as purely audit control in case of a client investigation

Its truly astonishing that some are incapable of grasping that even when told by someone who is fast approaching 40 years in finance

• Haha 1

Haven't read all posts.

Just describing my boring repeating procedure.

Send 2000 Euro (70k+) from my WISE account to Bangkok Bank

Purpose expense for long term stay

I start the procedure after 10 AM after watching rate regularly.

Next workday morning I get the "has been sent", will be credited14:xx hours (to the minute).

Never had a delay/surprise.

If I start before 10 AM it might happen that the amount is credited same day.

But I want to have the time slot to be able to cancel if the rate "rockets" :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Haven't read all posts.

Just describing my boring repeating procedure.

Send 2000 Euro (70k+) from my WISE account to Bangkok Bank

Purpose expense for long term stay

I start the procedure after 10 AM after watching rate regularly.

Next workday morning I get the "has been sent", will be credited14:xx hours (to the minute).

Never had a delay/surprise.

If I start before 10 AM it might happen that the amount is credited same day.

But I want to have the time slot to be able to cancel if the rate "rockets" :biggrin:

What you can do is open a THB balance and transfer Eur when the exchange rate is favourable. You can then when needed transfer your THB balance to your Thai Bank. 

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

What you can do is open a THB balance and transfer Eur when the exchange rate is favourable. You can then when needed transfer your THB balance to your Thai Bank. 

Or if you do not want to be paranode over a few baht difference just schedule automatic payments.  To me not worth worry over monthly living transfers.  If buying a condo would likely think differently.  

• Like 1

I just send the last 100k to buy the property next door from my Thai Baht Balance @Wise to my BBL account.

I used Buying a property as reason and it's expected to arrive today

Ps: The SCB account still hasn't credited!!

wise3.jpg.93dc7998bbef7f1ce57134c422aabf0b.jpg

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I transferred about 240k from Australia a couple of weeks ago (K bank), the complete transfer took a couple of minutes. 

What did you set as reason for Transfer? 

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

I used Buying a property as reason and it's expected to arrive today

Believe that may cause delay as special paperwork of foreign source is required - needed for resale I believe.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe that may cause delay as special paperwork of foreign source is required - needed for resale I believe.

Yeah I dont mind but 50k living expense is taking 5 days already ????

Will report back when BOTH transfers arrive.