PM orders a clampdown on midnight closing rules

webfact

In the PM's weird little world everyone knows it is far easier to catch Covid after the clock strikes midnight.  The same way you are 10x more likely to be bitten by a vampire after that time, or Cinderella's ballgown turns into the rags of a homeless person, her coach into a pumpkin. These are not intelligent, educated people, guys!!

• Thanks 1

Oh, so it's officially still midnight. You really wouldn't know from hanging out in Bangkok late(ly).

How about just getting rid of that kindergarten rule instead of making yet another doomed attempt to enforce it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I really cannot see how it is more dangerous for Covid clusters after midnight, than before midnight !

Pathetic, controlling measures from this sad, controlling government, and the sooner they go the better.

Nearly every other country has moved on, and is getting back to normal. except Thailand !

yes covid doesn't operate before midnight must be true the government has told us ..Oh hang on or could ot just be these morons fear losing Control on their Pawns and peasents 

I really cannot see how it is more dangerous for Covid clusters after midnight, than before midnight !

Pathetic, controlling measures from this sad, controlling government, and the sooner they go the better.

Nearly every other country has moved on, and is getting back to normal. except Thailand !

They might be Covid Clusters before midnight?

Come to Thailand for you holidays..but spend all your cash before midnight 

Bed time now ..we are being treated like children by these morons

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

Bed time now ..we are being treated like children by these morons

Don't come here then?  Maybe go to Dubai instead for your holidays.  Oh yes, they don't have open public bars do they. 

• Confused 6

3 hours ago, cedel said:

And I read a few days ago or yesterday that they were considering extending closing time from midnight to 2 am !!

So why suddenly give this stupid order ?

Turists are fed up with those stupid restrictions...!

Tourist have nothing to do with it except walking.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The venues are allowed to operate until midnight, but many are staying open longer, leading to fear among local residents that they will trigger Covid clusters, the spokeswoman quoted Prayut as saying

Maybe the covid has an internal timer and it's ready to spread after midnight, they could call it the "Cinderella" virus

Meanwhile, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration will meet next week to consider removing the face mask mandate in public places and allow entertainment venues to close at 2 AM

It would be a good sign to be able to see a glimmer of light in a tourism sector destroyed (not from the covid)

I understand that PM 100%!

Not every body knows, that the Covid virus is inactiv until midnight, than, exactly 00.00, he becomes deadly dangereous! MD Prayut knows all about Covid. so he did everything well. The hippocratic oath is his maxim.

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

It looks like they make this 'news' items to keep us writing comments.

Yes its all meaningless, click bait but it works. I doubt Khun Meow will be pleased with having one of her bars as the lead photo for the story? 

The response to this post is really not surprising,, as many members here appear to center  their happiness and activities around bars and their very reasonable closing time of midnight.  It may surprise many that many tourists, and some of us who live here in LOS, do not measure our contentedness by how many hours we can spend drinking in bars, or indeed  go to bars at all.   You see the same sense of outrage on forums when alcohol is banned for a day, for an election or a  religious holiday., To be honest, it all sounds rather pathetic.  

• Sad 1

The venues are allowed to operate until midnight, but many are staying open longer, leading to fear among local residents that they will trigger Covid clusters,

It's the government saying that there's "fear among local residents that they will trigger Covid clusters, ..." when in reality, nobody is overly concerned. The numbers are down (for what they're worth) and since the non-event of omicron blew through, the same government has been telling those catching Covid to stay home, self-isolate and self-test their way back to work/play.

There's probably a fear that when the WHO calls it endemic and the rest of the free world follows suit, that there will be no longer any reason for the Emergency Decree which was to ostensibly make Covid edicts more easily enforceable. However, they will milk it for what it's worth and this edict about enforcing lax midnight closure rules is simply another flail of a failed administration.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

True, and there is nothing even exactly dangerous about these new stains of Covid. 
I've had it and i'm not vaccinated.  4-5 days of a mild flu like symptoms with a headache. 

Edited by Kaopad999

3 hours ago, 2long said:

"Prayut had received complaints via several channels"
From who? Who would complain, other than those trying to sleep or work after midnight in those zones... and let's face it these places were noisy before covid anyway.

555 I’ve seen places get fined or remove certain structures because one is jealous of others doing better and losing customers especially if a spouse in a farang bull <deleted>.

Those found to be flouting the Law will be taken in front of The Elite Republic Peoples Army and All monies removed .. Underpants pulled down … And then Shot after 90 days .. This is the order of Ho Chi MoPo 

46 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

True, and there is nothing even exactly dangerous about these new stains of Covid. 
I've had it and i'm not vaccinated.  4-5 days of a mild flu like symptoms with a headache. 

Sounds like you caught Sangsom 19 … 555555

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

why do you say that?  Very many countries have similar closing times , some don't have bars at all. 

And those countries that don't have bars are of a certain religious persuasion, same persuasion as that of many cabinet ministers' partners.

Coincidence? I think not. 

Their days are numbered anyway. They'll face a landslide election defeat or the protests will resume in earnest if they refuse to go.

Either way they are toast. 

Chok dee! ????

• Confused 1