PM orders a clampdown on midnight closing rules

webfact

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

And those countries that don't have bars are of a certain religious persuasion, same persuasion as that of many cabinet ministers' partners.

Coincidence? I think not. 

Their days are numbered anyway. They'll face a landslide election defeat or the protests will resume in earnest if they refuse to go.

Either way they are toast. 

Chok dee! ????

haha, wishful thinking.  He has tanks, F16s and 300,00 armed troops. That beats political debate every time. 

• Like 1

These two headlines today are incompatible. Elsewhere, in the real world, many countries allow places to open until 6am. Why would tourists want to come where they close at midnight? It is not the duty of a government to dictate what hours a private business can operate.

Of course, illegal street bars can operate until dawn with total impunity. It is only the legal places which must close at midnight. Stickman this week wrote of why that is. It involves those 'enterprising' boys in brown. Now there's a surprise.

AN.jpg

• Like 1

The same brain dead crew that dreamed up the possibility that beer and wine causes covid in restaurants, now insists that covid is more transmissible after midnight! 

It is becoming more apparent by the day, that this is all one horrendously misguided effort to permanently destroy nightlife in Thailand. No doubt part of their fake purity campaign. 

Down with the dinosaurs. In with the youth leaders. Thailand desperately needs a change in leadership. 

WireAP_f2d5e865bde74bae9daa81a5434caea9_16x9_992.jpeg

20c2d3ea7ef152c8c1e165237504bcce.gif

• Like 2

Why should people listen to Mr Prayuth if Mr Prayuth never listens to some else too?? With almost no cases anymore it is very difficult to keep the restrictions and everybody knows.. Just start the normal living again 

5 hours ago, cedel said:

And I read a few days ago or yesterday that they were considering extending closing time from midnight to 2 am !!

So why suddenly give this stupid order ?

Turists are fed up with those stupid restrictions...!

Tourists don't live here, so they should have little say in anything.  From the Thais I know, they are fine with midnight closings.  

20 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

Tourists don't live here, so they should have little say in anything.  From the Thais I know, they are fine with midnight closings.  

And from the Thais I know, they are unhappy with the midnight closings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Renzo said:

In the PM's weird little world everyone knows it is far easier to catch Covid after the clock strikes midnight.

It is the second time I have read this bit of nonsense today on this Forum. 

22 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

If you do not like to party, is ok.

But why should it be forbidden to those who like to party?

Its not about people liking to party or not. Its about obeying rules and regulations. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cedel said:

And I read a few days ago or yesterday that they were considering extending closing time from midnight to 2 am !!

So why suddenly give this stupid order ?

Turists are fed up with those stupid restrictions...!

Control... They are the military . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterGael said:

Then you are not talking with those that are in entertainment or service industry.  Reg Thai working at factories, schools ect  may go to bed early but those working bars, restaurants, massage, food hawkers (carts) ect use the longer  hours to make more money.

"The venues are allowed to operate until midnight, but many are staying open longer, leading to fear among local residents that they will trigger Covid clusters, the spokeswoman quoted Prayut as saying."

So clusters are only triggered after midnight?

Absurd reasoning, or should I say, LACK of reasoning!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

The response to this post is really not surprising,, as many members here appear to center  their happiness and activities around bars and their very reasonable closing time of midnight.  It may surprise many that many tourists, and some of us who live here in LOS, do not measure our contentedness by how many hours we can spend drinking in bars, or indeed  go to bars at all.   You see the same sense of outrage on forums when alcohol is banned for a day, for an election or a  religious holiday., To be honest, it all sounds rather pathetic.  

Most,  sad post 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

If you do not like to party, is ok.

But why should it be forbidden to those who like to party?

What has being at a party got to do anything?  You can party without having propping up the bar at 2am. I like to party occasionally, with family and  friends, around my pool at home, or on the beach.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

What has being at a party got to do anything?  You can party without having propping up the bar at 2am. I like to party occasionally, with family and  friends, around my pool at home, or on the beach.  

You want us to believe you have friends.

Right on man. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sambum said:

"The venues are allowed to operate until midnight, but many are staying open longer, leading to fear among local residents that they will trigger Covid clusters, the spokeswoman quoted Prayut as saying."

So clusters are only triggered after midnight?

Absurd reasoning, or should I say, LACK of reasoning!

It is absurd.   What is happening now is that after 12 midnight bars that follow the rules or cannot afford the bribes close.  Bars owned by the police (or are willing to pay the police bribe to look the other way) will stay open until 2, 3 4am or later.   Since there are less bars open people will accumulate in the smaller number of open bars making the bars busier which (if there was really a concern about covid) would provide a greater opportunity for covid spread.    If the desire was to reduce covid spread then it would make more sense to allow bars to be open 24 hours a day so people would be more spread out rather than accumulate in fewer open bars.      

The only people that support this nonsense are government stooges, police that own bars / receive bribes, science deniers and joy sponges.   

7 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

You want us to believe you have friends.

Right on man. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:.

Yep, ones that I haven't found in a bar and that I can recognize without being as <deleted> as a rat at every opportunity, which seems to be the main occupation of many farangs in Thailand. Its still surprising that many need the extra hour or two after midnight to get really hammered.  Odd that.

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Sad 1

These swivel-eyed rules may actually be a roundabout move to change peoples initial view when they hear the name Thailand.

In the past most would hear Thailand and think 'ah yes the sex tourist country'

Maybe they want to rid the country of this tag so are pushing there covid stance so people actually say 'ah Thailand,yes the country stuck in the dark aged with regards to the covid situation????????‍♂️