159 baht helmet

poppysdad

4 hours ago, poppysdad said:

Next place I stay in the car and she goes in alone and eventually comes out with one, great I says, hope it’s a quality one. Yes she replies it was 159 baht.

So, now you know what style she likes, go out and try and get one exactly the same but that actually offers protection...

• Like 1

Buy the best helmet you can afford for her. This is NOT the place to be cheap. It is her head. Cheap helmets crack upon a small impact. There is a reason good helmets are more costly. Riding a bike here is very dangerous. If not the highest, one of the highest fatality rates in the world. And an accident here can be very costly, to your person. Just ask yourself- do I have enough problems already, without a broken skull, or smashed head, or face injury, or lost eye?

I have three friends who have been in motorbike accidents within the last several years. One still cannot walk, or talk or function on her own, from a motorbike accident, where she hit her head on the pavement going only 20 kph. The other one has lost alot of his mental capacity after hitting his head. He insisted for years he would never wear a helmet. Now, he seems 15 years older. The third one is a close friend, who was hit by a sidecar, and nearly lost his leg. 11 operations later, he can walk, but with a limp, and the leg causes him constant problems, many years later. Helmets would have helped significantly in two out of the three accidents. And a good one would help alot more. More caution and patience would have helped my friend to entirely avoid the 3rd accident described here. 

Edited by spidermike007

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

A bit unfair.

His wife is happy with it.

"Happy wife - happy life!"

Yeah I can go with that, but my mrs means a lot to me & I bought the best I could afford at the time, I love my Mrs deeply, I'd hate to see her gone from my life because of a cheap helmet, ????

A cheap helmet is better than none at all.

It will give some protection from minor nocks to the head, but useless at high impact. but at high impact a helmet may well survive but not the person.

Good your wife is willing to wear one. 

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1