Four admitted to hospital, one dies after using cannabis following decriminalisation

snoop1130

Those who sold illegally clearly are losing profit. I have never heard of anyone overdosing on cannabis but I have heard of people lacing reefers with other drugs. The freak show news media are not that interested in facts. 

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

including the idea of declaring schools and eateries in front of the schools to be cannabis-free zones, with signs erected in front of the schools,

Unbelievable and what a state of affairs to adopt!! I seem to remember a similar scheme regarding exclusion zones around schools banning the sale of alcohol (which did not work if I remember).

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I have much personal experience with this and again LONG AGO you really had to watch out for PCP in pot. Of course some people wanted it.

As a late teen of 70's I can verify your comment. Also, some Americans in the Vietnam War came home heroin addicts because the VN weed was laced with it.

As you said, some pot was laced with various things, but it was not across the board. Most pot was just pot, ~5% THC.

I was surprised to find that thai yaba is a mixture of caffeine and meth. I don't even do coffee because it hypes me too much!

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

As a late teen of 70's I can verify your comment. Also, some Americans in the Vietnam War came home heroin addicts because the VN weed was laced with it.

As you said, some pot was laced with various things, but it was not across the board. Most pot was just pot, ~5% THC.

I was surprised to find that thai yaba is a mixture of caffeine and meth. I don't even do coffee because it hypes me too much!

But you can get de-caff coffee, not sure you can get de-caff Yaba though

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

But you can get de-caff coffee, not sure you can get de-caff Yaba though

Decaf is hard to find here and more expensive as well.

I converted to ovaltine for my morning cuppa.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stoner said:

ok one more time. 

the number of times this actually happens vs the sheer volume of weed smoked daily on planet earth. its virtually nil. 

them are the facts you speak so highly of. 

I am not saying it happens a lot, it happens sometimes and i know of a guy in Amsterdam who did. I never heard of somebody OD on weed ever before this news item.

Edited by FritsSikkink

So the decriminalisation bit  has gone wrong already ,The so called Use of the product was suppose to be Only for Medical use .

As we all knew this wasn't going to happen .

The real truth is that now most people think/and do ,that they can be free to turn into Pot heads . 

And now ,What are they going to to know ?   Satan Knows . Sweet nothing. 

• Haha 1

I remember reading years ago It was possible to fatally overdose. Apparently taking 450 grams (one pound) of hasish over a 24 hour period can be fatal. Good luck with that.

Yes the drivers are going to cause problems on an already horrendous road death count, the reason i rarely drive in Thailand. Thankfully I do love travelling by train, especially outside of Bangkok.

51 minutes ago, Hugh Cow said:

I remember reading years ago It was possible to fatally overdose. Apparently taking 450 grams (one pound) of hasish over a 24 hour period can be fatal. Good luck with that.

Yes the drivers are going to cause problems on an already horrendous road death count, the reason i rarely drive in Thailand. Thankfully I do love travelling by train, especially outside of Bangkok.

has to be much higher than that. i come awfully close to that total daily. 

• Haha 2

Guy was 51 years old.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that although it could have helped aggravate it by causing the guy to freak out from being too high or whatever, it probably didn't cause the heart attack directly. 

Edited by shdmn

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

Guy was 51 years old.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that although it could have helped aggravate it by causing the guy to freak out from being too high or whatever, it probably didn't cause the heart attack directly. 

"By Wednesday evening, the autopsy report was released. It showed that the 51-year-old had an underlying disease that resulted in death from heart failure. 

Dr Suksan Kittisupakorn, the director of the BMA’s Medical Office, even noted that it cannot be determined whether the marijuana he smoked an hour before hospitalization had anything to do with the cause of his death.

On top of that, there was no trace of THC, the chemical compound in cannabis that makes you high, in his system."

https://www.thaienquirer.com/40967/opinion-stop-spreading-misinformation-about-marijuana-educate-the-public/