Lazada and Shopee Free Shipping......Is this only for people living in Bangkok or is this a scam....

redwood1

I have bought 100s and 100s of things and have seen loads of FREE SHIPPING offers.......So far about 95% of the free shipping offers turn out to be absolutely not free shipping.......Ok once in a blue moon, Free shipping really means Free shipping.......

I live in Pattaya.......Are you Bangkok guys getting all this free shipping?  If not who is?

Here is a perfect example of free shipping that does not work in Pattaya.....

PRODUCT

Free shipping is mostly for people using their Lazada Wallet to pay.

Sometimes they have free shipping on other payment methods, but not so often.

The item in the OP link gives me free shipping when I get to the 'place order' page.

(Chiang Mai CoD)

Edited by BritManToo

Free shipping often applies to local delivery only. When you place an order and the system becomes aware of your post code, then a delivery charge may well apply. Quite common on many on line shopping outlets and not a scam.

Yes, but the real details of free shipping can be found out when one places the order then there is a min spend to obtain the so called "free shipping"

It seems to be a marketing trick anyway, logically there is no free shipping, it would either be built into the product price or one would have to pay separately for it.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

You need to have a voucher, or need to satisfy certain other requirements, as explained somewhere in the fine print.

Here some additional info from Shopee, which shows if you hover the "?" next to "Free shipping"

*Free Shipping Vouchers Terms and Conditions
1. ‘Free Shipping’ is special benefit granted to users who collected the Free Shipping Vouchers from Shopee.
2. Users may use the Free Shipping Vouchers as discount to the shipping fees per order, where the discount value shall not exceed ฿40 for shipment performed by integrated logistics service provider. Shopee shall subsidize the aforementioned shipping fee discounts.
3. In order to use Free Shipping voucher, the minimum amount of total purchasing per shop meet the requirement of each free shipping voucher.
4. For more Free Shipping Vouchers Conditions, please go to link

It isn't a scam, because you clearly see the shipping fee before you pay, but I would agree that it's misleading, because on the product page people assume that they get free shipping.

Edited by FriendlyFarang

As mentioned above, you have to collect the "free delivery" vouchers. Once collected, they should be automatically be applied to your purchase.

They are available on the website a the app.

On the smartphone app you can "crack the egg" daily and receive money off vouchers applicable to delivery.

In fairness, most of the money off delivery vouchers are for 10, 20, or 40 baht so in many cases you will still have to pay a small delivery charge.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Free shipping often applies to local delivery only. When you place an order and the system becomes aware of your post code, then a delivery charge may well apply. Quite common on many on line shopping outlets and not a scam.

Do not believe that is true in the case of Shopee/Lazada - I live in Bangkok and order items from Bangkok often but always have to pay for delivery regardless of item saying free delivery.  The only time delivery has been free is when shipper used own fleet (air conditioner delivered last week).  As said if you have the time and eyesight it is all in the details.  ????

26 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I despair of these random, spontaneous scam callers. I really do.

Everything is covered in the terms and conditions aka the small print.

Yep ... if not in the fine print, then the reviews, or taking notice, nobody else has bothered to purchase from said vendor is a pretty good clue, so you may not want to be the first.

Stick with 'flagship / authorized' sellers/resellers or manufacturer sites, or links from.  Really is too easy not to get burned.  Saving 5-10-20% but buying elsewhere isn't worth it.

On the shipping , in Shopee it  says  "unsupported address "

at first I thought they would not ship to me , but I think i means

that I am in Chiang Mai , too far for free delivery ? , who knows.

regards Worgeordie

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Free shipping is mostly for people using their Lazada Wallet to pay.

Sometimes they have free shipping on other payment methods, but not so often.

The item in the OP link gives me free shipping when I get to the 'place order' page.

(Chiang Mai CoD)

I use shopee and lazada a lot also.  I only ever use the websites.  I refuse to download their apps.  Most of the free shipping offers are only available to buying via the app.  It is a sneaky ploy to get punters to download the app and open themselve up to spam.

40 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I use shopee and lazada a lot also.  I only ever use the websites.  I refuse to download their apps.  Most of the free shipping offers are only available to buying via the app.  It is a sneaky ploy to get punters to download the app and open themselve up to spam.

Not quite sure what your basing that comment on as I use the app mostly and have never encountered any spam.

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Here is a perfect example of free shipping that does not work in Pattaya.....

PRODUCT

Works fine 500 km away :biggrin:

(I am logged in user)

45 Baht shipping crossed out.

Can't confirm general statement 95% not work.

Absolutely not true.

If you say 95% of orders are not free shipment: maybe.

Often there is a lower limit specified for free shipment.

Nothing unusual.

freeship.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1