Now that the new 10 year visa has been approved, will the annual Non-O retirement extension be discontinued?

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Again ... if a millionaire, I wouldn't be working either.  That would have to be one special job, to get me to show up.  That was the only thing I wanted to be when I grew up ... retired ????

With the LTR visa/work permit option, the so-called  millionaire "shows up" whereever in the world they please.  Now they can do this legally in Thailand.  Not so much with retirement visas or elite cards, and opening a Thai company with the old NonB/work permit system is unwieldly to put it mildly.

• Like 1

Silly question but simple answer is NO from what I’ve seen with the requirements I fall into that bracket but unless there are advantages that suit me I won’t be applying 

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

With that & staying on topic .. I think these 'high income' visas may be a bit of a nightmare, with the financial paperwork.  

As I have already posted in another thread.  I wonder how much the agents fee will be to apply for the 10 year visa if you don't meet the requirements.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Welcome to my ignore list.

It must be a very long list. Its easier to admit you made mistake than to try and cover it up. You risk becoming an even bigger fool. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

As I have already posted in another thread.  I wonder how much the agents fee will be to apply for the 10 year visa if you don't meet the requirements.  

For the one visa, how would an agent show 2 yrs of income.  If they need to use an agent, then that visa really isn't for them.  Stick with the < 10k agent for cost & simplicity.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I could apply, but why.  50k versus 19k over 10 years in fees.  The 90 day is no issue now that the on-line system works.  As a retiree why would I want to work, my passive investments do the work for me even with the Stock Market and Crypto drop, the rental income does well, and the pension is an added bonus.  Medical costs are of course rising but the Visa the OP posted does not reduce them now does it.  Add in a ME Re-ntry permit for the 10 years and it puts my out of pocket at just under the 50K the New Visa would cost, so still ahead staying with my current visa........

Yes, I agree with all that you have said regarding the NON-O being the best value for money.  But that is not really what this topic is about.  I am asking whether or not you think your (and my) current visa option will dissapear.

47 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

For the one visa, how would an agent show 2 yrs of income.  If they need to use an agent, then that visa really isn't for them.  Stick with the < 10k agent for cost & simplicity.

Same way they show 800K in a punters bank account when he is skint.  Agents in Bangkok can provide falsified bank accounts showing income and even business registration and ownership...so a friend told me...

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Again ... if a millionaire, I wouldn't be working either.  That would have to be one special job, to get me to show up.  That was the only thing I wanted to be when I grew up ... retired ????

That's not the case for everyone. I have a friend in US , could have retired 6 years ago, owns 21 rental apartments , has over 5 million USD cash in at least 1  account I have seen , and is still working at our old job.  His accountant has told him working at the job is crazy as he would still be getting 80% of his pay if he  retired.  His rents pay him more in 2 months than he makes at job all year.   Some people have no outside social life so going to work ,meeting people is the only social interaction they get. Would be lonely without it. He has no wife , no kids and has been to Thailand before so knows how nice it is.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

That's not the case for everyone. I have a friend in US , could have retired 6 years ago, owns 21 rental apartments , has over 5 million USD cash in at least 1  account I have seen , and is still working at our old job.  His accountant has told him working at the job is crazy as he would still be getting 80% of his pay if he  retired.  His rents pay him more in 2 months than he makes at job all year.   Some people have no outside social life so going to work ,meeting people is the only social interaction they get. Would be lonely without it. He has no wife , no kids and has been to Thailand before so knows how nice it is.

Another co-worker also could have retired 6 years ago died in January from Covid home alone.  No wife or kids. Simply coming to work as that is the only friends he had to comunicate with.  Not sure how much money he had but he never had a passort and never traveled on vacation , only to music concerts in the state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

This program is going through BOI.  Does BOI deal with agents in this way?

5 hours ago, darrenr said:

sorry everyone I still don’t how you replay to someone’s post !

You don't know how to reply to someone's post.

Very easy. Scroll down to the bottom of their post and click on 'quote' at the bottom left of the post. Then start your reply below theirs, just as I have done here.

Reply to me now so that I can see you've got the idea.

44 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Everyone is free to choose their own path.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Does anyone have the requirements for these 10 year visas?

Thx.

let's assume  the cost is 50K Baht for 10 years  VS  Retirement/Extension of Stay renewal every year 1,900 Baht x 10 years = 19K Baht.....easy to see not a good deal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

let's assume  the cost is 50K Baht for 10 years  VS  Retirement/Extension of Stay renewal every year 1,900 Baht x 10 years = 19K Baht.....easy to see not a good deal

A difference of 31K over 10 years = approx $100 a year extra, IMO well worth it to remove the hassle of marraige extensions!

18 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

You don't have to 'assume',  10 yrs visa (0-X) is priced at ฿10k per 5 yr stretch, initial + extension, so ฿20k total at present time.

It's called the internet people.   Cost of visa shouldn't be an issue for anyone.  Qualifying may be a different story.

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/80939-non-–-immigrant-visa-“o-x”-(long-stay-10-years)?page=5d68c88b15e39c160c0081e5&menu=5d68c88b15e39c160c0081e6

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

This is Thailand. Everything is corrupt to the core.

Now I am beginning to see where you are coming from. A not so good artist who paints with an extremely wide brush.  No reason to discuss further. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You don't have to 'assume',  10 yrs visa (0-X) is priced at ฿10k per 5 yr stretch, initial + extension, so ฿20k total at present time.

It's called the internet people.   Cost of visa shouldn't be an issue for anyone.  Qualifying may be a different story.

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/80939-non-–-immigrant-visa-“o-x”-(long-stay-10-years)?page=5d68c88b15e39c160c0081e5&menu=5d68c88b15e39c160c0081e6

From the link. ... "the money must be left in the account with the amount of not less than 1.5 million Baht and can only be spent in Thailand."

I wonder how they will monitor that.

1 hour ago, Misty said:

This program is going through BOI.  Does BOI deal with agents in this way?

Not in terms of ignoring missing files, and usually need even more specific papers such as degrees or proof of being a professional etc. etc. I mean surely they would see a few missing documents missing if that would be about 1 in 20 hired people, if it brings in a lot of money, but that is another story.

29 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not sure why people even talk about the money, just the fact of not having to go there for 10 years, would be worth 100K to me. I'd even pay that for 5 years upfront and then hassle free.

I have a good agent that makes the process easy on a yearly basis but wouldn't mind it being every 5-10 years ????

Edited by ChaiyaTH