Shell Gas?

In the Pattaya area there is 3 Shell oil stations,  I can't speak for the other two but the one located on Siam Country Club To,  Darkside price of 91 averages close to two baht more than other fuel stations.  The PT further down charges 44.90 Shell 46.70 is there something special about Shells 91?  At a time when prices are hitting the roof? ????

Shell will always have good explanations why their fuels are special.

More mileage, longer motor life....

Some magic technology/add-ons etc.

My car hasn't seen Shell or Esso in 135000 km.

Still running fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Price gouging......everyone is at it......the economic climate lends itself to it.

What economic climate? Why do they not price-gouge all the time? What was stopping them before? 

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Price gouging......everyone is at it......the economic climate lends itself to it.

I don't think so prior to writing this I notice at every other brand the price for 91 is pretty much the same it is only at Shell!  If it is price gauging then shame on them I will stop doing business but do like using them to pump air into my vehicle tires. ???? no charge for that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, seriously. I assume you are just regurgitating something you heard or read. In any event, big oil does not set the price. 

Some would disagree depends how to look at it plenty to debate?  OPEC for one decides and set their prices, Russia now in their war? Even the drilling or not to drill in the U. S. Doesn't all this have something or effect as to what everyone charges but in the end funny Shell a big company no matter what they put into their fuel you think majority of Thais even understand or care?  I read something that Thaioil is majority owned by Chevron?

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

Some would disagree depends how to look at it plenty to debate?

I like when people disagree with me, and I love it when they change my mind. 

OPEC for one decides and set their prices,

No they do not, They set their production levels, which impacts the price. And they generally cheat/sandbag when they do. 

Russia now in their war?

Yes, this impacts the price, but what does this have to do with price gouging? 

Even the drilling or not to drill in the U. S. Doesn't all this have something or effect as to what everyone charges but in the end funny

I do not have much of an idea what you are trying to say with this. But generally, reducing production/volume pushes prices up. But that's not price gouging. 

Shell a big company no matter what they put into their fuel you think majority of Thais even understand or care?

I think Thais are pretty much like people everywhere. 

I read something that Thaioil is majority owned by Chevron?

I thought they were part of Ptt. but I may be wrong. 

Shell Thailand is actually a UK-registered company (incorporated way way back in 1913). I don't think they are affiliated with any other oil company in Thailand. For as long as I can remember (20+ years) they have been a little more expensive than competitors.  

PTT is the old government-run Petroleum Authority of Thailand (for those with long memories). I believe they own the Thai Oil refineries and they also own Amazon coffee shops (and probably a few other businesses).  Seems to me that PTT have expanded and are squeezing out Shell and Esso.

the fuel all comes from the same refineries in Thailand, is their additive worth the extra price?

Shell has 2 formula, the really expensive V-Power and Fuelsave for the regular stuff

compared to the standard Bangchak and PTT fuels I notice better milage in my diesel trucks, but I also got similar result with Esso's 'premium' plus diesel too

I never use the word price gouging!

When it comes to OPEC if they are producing and selling having meeting)  as to how much to produce and setting prices there are many ways to price gouge or controlling the market? 

This is the same with Russia now at war telling Europe and other countries  buy with our money or we cut you off not gouging directly.

All this eventually have an affect on priced by the time it actually get to the market. Take a look at California you got taxes tack on for roads,  add the cost of special blend for cleaner air by the time it gets to the pump profits for oil 7.00 bucks I hear for a gallon?  

In the end as for Shell charging more I like the Thais will go else where for my gas reason there is nothing they are producing that is going to make a difference to the performance of my bike or cars.  

Even the Thais know you need not pay 2 baht more to kill yourself????

The reason the station is empty and closes at night. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

I never use the word price gouging!

When it comes to OPEC if they are producing and selling having meeting)  as to how much to produce and setting prices there are many ways to price gouge or controlling the market? 

This is the same with Russia now at war telling Europe and other countries  buy with our money or we cut you off not gouging directly.

All this eventually have an affect on priced by the time it actually get to the market. Take a look at California you got taxes tack on for roads,  add the cost of special blend for cleaner air by the time it gets to the pump profits for oil 7.00 bucks I hear for a gallon?  

In the end as for Shell charging more I like the Thais will go else where for my gas reason there is nothing they are producing that is going to make a difference to the performance of my bike or cars.  

Even the Thais know you need not pay 2 baht more to kill yourself????

The reason the station is empty and closes at night. 

So the oil companies in California make $7.00 profit on a gallon of gas that sells for $5-6.00 a gallon. Got it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

I know that Shell is more expensive but I continue to go there.
Why? I am a shareholder. I earned already lots of dividends. 

Why would I bring my money to another company where I am not related too?

I understand why you wouldn't but for those who aren't shareholders which I think can safely say majority here and especially majority of Thais who don't even know what a share is?????

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Thais who don't even know what a share is?

You must be kidding. They know full well that a share is as it is the money divided out in any national or local project. It's part of the Thai culture so of course they will know.????

Edited by Excel

14 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I understand why you wouldn't but for those who aren't shareholders which I think can safely say majority here and especially majority of Thais who don't even know what a share is?????

They probably know what a  "chair" is.

24 minutes ago, Excel said:

You must be kidding. They know full well that a share is as it is the money divided out in any national or local project. It's part of the Thai culture so of course they will know.????

Kidding, does a Thai need a calculator?  For years each night I flip the channel to Bloomberg to check the futures!  For years although I did my best to explain to her she doesn't really get it neither does my daugther in law who suppose to have a master in accounting. Just the other day her mother was visiting saw me standing in front of the T.V. asked what was I looking at?  I joking said this is your future what you see in Green is what you might get and same with if it is in Red!  ????

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

They probably know what a  "chair" is.

They don't even teach or lets be fair touch on investing in High School now what makes a person think it would be taught in school here outside of a Business college?  Plus majority are so poor they can even purchased toilet tissue why would they know what a share of stock might be?  ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, thailand49 said:

They don't even teach or lets be fair touch on investing in High School now what makes a person think it would be taught in school here outside of a Business college?  Plus majority are so poor they can even purchased toilet tissue why would they know what a share of stock might be?  ????

I know as well a lady, lawyer and second degree in Accounting.
Well.......

At least she is a high-ranking government employee in Mukdahan.

I get 23 kilos/liter.  I don't even care about gas prices.
These corporations are taking geopolitics and are making a windfall killing by amping up the hyperbole. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

I know as well a lady, lawyer and second degree in Accounting.
Well.......

At least she is a high-ranking government employee in Mukdahan.

Based on your comment lucky nepotism confirm by the Senate president is alive and well for her sake. ???? it is privilent through Thailand every CM. 

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2022 at 7:58 PM, Yellowtail said:
On 6/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, thailand49 said:

I read something that Thaioil is majority owned by Chevron?

I thought they were part of Ptt. but I may be wrong. 

Thai Oil Public Company Limited or simply Thaioil is a Thai public company. It is listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand. It is a subsidiary of PTT Group. The company was founded on 3 August 1961 as Oil Refinery, Ltd. Thaioil is the largest oil refinery in Thailand.

54 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thai Oil Public Company Limited or simply Thaioil is a Thai public company. It is listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand. It is a subsidiary of PTT Group. The company was founded on 3 August 1961 as Oil Refinery, Ltd. Thaioil is the largest oil refinery in Thailand.

So I was right, thanks!