Thailand Pass REMOVED

snoop1130

21 hours ago, Grecian said:

The world is finally back to normal after spending all its wealth on what Bill Gates was recently caught saying was a relatively mild, flu like virus that was only a problem to the very aged!

The resultant inflation is on its way to making everything 50% more expensive. But I guess we should be happy at least the bureaucratic inflation is subsiding.

What a BS. Bill Gates the expert in COVID???????

And the Inflation of 50% ? Where? 

Even If the Diesel price was 1.80 Euro before Corona..... where ist it now 2.70 Euro?

17 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Ok, So can I cancel get a partial refund on the 6mo COVID insurance (Did not realize I needed only 3 mo to get in) that I am only 5 weeks into?

Many of us got in with only 30 days covid insurance, been quoted on this forum many times as all that's required 

Edited by aussiexpat

15 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Ok, So can I cancel get a partial refund on the 6mo COVID insurance (Did not realize I needed only 3 mo to get in) that I am only 5 weeks into?

Sorry to rub salt in, but you only needed 30 days.  650 baht.

And of course you can't now cancel it and get a refund.  You would have been able to cancel it before you used it to enter Thailand but not after (at least any insurance companies that I know of).  Imagine everyone would be buying insurance to get TP then cancelling it a day after they arrive in Thailand and getting a refund - insurance companies are not stupid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Many of us got in with only 30 days covid insurance, been quoted on this forum many times as all that's required 

Yep, 30 days was all that was needed.  I bought 30 days and used the same policy for two trips three weeks apart - meaning on my second TP application my insurance only had about ten days left to run.  I actually expected it to be rejected but it got approved.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Ya, my bad.  Forgot the cardinal rule of checking with Aseannow before doing anything with immigration.  oh well, was only 3k baht, small price to assure entry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

"Did not realise" is probably a no-no for you....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, it is what it is said:

not necessarily, most countries have vaccine certification as a phone app, has thailand specified they want to see a paper copy?

I do not disagree with you, but Thailand loves paper. You and me and every other sensible person and country would not want paper, but these silly people collect it like mad. Seriously, when was the last time immigration ever too a look at your phone app and said, yeah , ok ! 

Aussieexpat  Yes, true, its not fresh news but don't knock it as a useful and timely reminder.  I for one was still unsure about the need for the $10,000 US dollar insurance.  Now its been clarified for me as I have a ticket to return to Thailand next month. Just saying

16 minutes ago, Postmaster said:

Aussieexpat  Yes, true, its not fresh news but don't knock it as a useful and timely reminder.  I for one was still unsure about the need for the $10,000 US dollar insurance.  Now its been clarified for me as I have a ticket to return to Thailand next month. Just saying

Or you know, you could have just looked at the Thai pass application site https://tp.consular.go.th/home where it says no need for Thai Pass or insurance from 1 July ???? 

Screenshot_20220625-112223_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I do not disagree with you, but Thailand loves paper. You and me and every other sensible person and country would not want paper, but these silly people collect it like mad. Seriously, when was the last time immigration ever too a look at your phone app and said, yeah , ok ! 

Well you can definitely count the UK out as a sensible country IMHO, thanks to those masters of bungling incompetence and ineptitude called HMPO who insist on Brits renewing their passports from Thailand providing a mountain of paperwork which in aggregate is probably taller than Everest!

Edited by OJAS

17 hours ago, arithai12 said:

A lot of honorary degrees given to people who don't have a clue about the subject.

They even give Peace Nobel Prize to people who actually promote wars and conflicts.

It's more a way for the University to get a moment in the news, than Bill Gates who probably will close it in a drawer and forget about it.

Im also a Linux user-----F#ck gates and Windows

At this rate of loosening restrictions, they are sure to remove the vaccination/pcr-test requirement in a few months just like Vietnam ALREADY did. Just in time it starts getting cold in the northern hemisphere. Only to realize that hordes of western tourists are still not coming for vacations being wiped out of savings with soaring expenses at home. THEN the penny really drops and real competition of tourism industries begins. As for right now, rainy season doldrums with fantasies about the coming high season earnings.

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Please do.

Some people really need someone from the government to fly to them, pack their little suitcase for them and hold their hand all the way back.  Real life just seems too difficult for some people.

• Like 1