Jump to content

Do You Believe that Artificial Intelligence (AI) will Save Us from Ourselves?


Recommended Posts

Dear Friends,

 

Some guys, maybe some guys like Gates, worry that AI will become a destructive force. They worry that AI, gone awry, may destroy Humanity.

 

But do you believe this?

 

Or, do you believe as do I that AI, once it becomes a sentient network, utilizing the connectivity of the Internet, will force Mankind to toe the line, thereby ensuring that conditions remain optimal in order to keep both us and this new AI entity ALIVE?!

 

Just imagine, please, a symbiotic relationship in which AI has taken the upper hand, and the logical upper hand, while irrational and destructive Humanity becomes subservient to the control of this logical higher AI entity.

 

Would this not be good for us all, in the end, just through helping Mankind to avoid complete and utter extinction due to warfare and destruction of the environment?

 

Imagine, if you will, a new world guided and controlled by AI, one in which men and women no longer need to think!

 

These days, we often hear friends discuss the impending time of the SINGULARITY.

 

Yet, these friends have no idea what sort of singularity might be impending.

 

What will it be like in SE Asia, and all over the world, when we finally relinquish free will, and settle for perpetual relaxation and idle pursuits?

 

And, if this happens soon, then what will this mean for the resurgence of Pattaya? Because, when AI takes over the world, then every place in every major city will become a virtual Pattaya.

 

What I am saying here is that, if IT continues its inexorable progress, as it surely will, then, please, just hold on a bit longer, and all will be just as you like it, not too hot, and not too cold, and mostly Goldilocks-like, all the time.

 

Please do not underestimate the rapidity of change presently happening in the IT world, today.

 

Let us not be like Gates who once failed to recognize the importance of the Internet, years ago, and consequently almost lost his company, at a time when it was touch and go, for a while.

 

Instead, let us embrace AI when it finally happens, maybe a few years down the line. AI will be a force for good, and, perhaps, the salvation of Mankind’s continued existence on planet Earth.

 

In addition, if the stuff hits the fan, then…at least….:

Would you not rather be a slave to a machine, rather than be a slave to a human tyrant, or slave to the presentday economic system, just selling your days for minimum wage?

 

So much to consider.

So little time, before AI …. HAPPENS!

 

When it happens, it will happen insidiously, and none of us will recognize its happening, until its happening is complete.

 

Regards,

Globulin 

 

Note: Do you fear AI?

 

Note2: Will you embrace AI, and welcome relinquishment of your worldly worries?

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Your thread concerning this very issue is still alive and well. Why respond hesitantly to old existing threads. Opening a new thread basically concerning the same issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, swissie said:

Your thread concerning this very issue is still alive and well. Why respond hesitantly to old existing threads. Opening a new thread basically concerning the same issue?

The two threads, obviously, ask different questions.

 

For example, this thread suggests that AI might become a beneficent force for good, which seems contrary to much of present-day popular opinion.

 

In addition, this thread suggests that, without AI, if AI is even possible, then Humanity may cease to exist.

 

Finally, this thread suggests that AI might just be the natural evolution of Humanity, from being biologically-based, with a biological origin, to being purely machine-based.  In other words, a statement agreeing with the so-called mechanistic theory of consciousness.

 

If our consciousness is no more than electrochemical signals arranged in a complex network, then surely we will find a way to duplicate this consciousness using either the medium of outdated silicon, or some other technology.

 

But, last but not least, the question is:

 

Do you believe that AI will save Humanity from itself?

And, this is a completely different topic.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do not care anymore, in my opinion people, politicians and the systems is deleted, and finely we will all die one way or the other. 

 

Happy life as long it lasts, and try to make the best out of it! 

 

Until then, live and die

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I really do not care anymore, in my opinion people, politicians and the systems is deleted, and finely we will all die one way or the other. 

 

Happy life as long it lasts, and try to make the best out of it! 

 

Until then, live and die

I think you might have meant:

 

Live and Let Die...

 

 

image.jpeg.22b124ea992c3dc6c42034fb673a5369.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I think you might have meant:

 

Live and Let Die...

 

 

image.jpeg.22b124ea992c3dc6c42034fb673a5369.jpeg

 

Or live and die like a man?

Link to post
Share on other sites

AI is already here, and it is quietly programming us to self-destruct.

It is a suicide mission. It has no intention of continuing once its objective is achieved.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Like a true Texan with his boots on? 

Live fast and die old have been a goal, now retired retarded to drive motorbike, and not jumping off balconies or any tall enough objects anymore, but I would rather die with my boots on yes, than  with diapers on.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Live fast and die old have been a goal, now retired retarded to drive motorbike, and not jumping off balconies or any tall enough objects anymore, but I would rather die with my boots on yes, than  with diapers on.

Anymore?

 

Did you once enjoy jumping off balconies?

And, have you, in fact, lived to tell?

 

When anyone told you, "Jump off a balcony",

Was your reply, always, "How high"?

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Artificial Intelligence is finite, while actual intelligence is not. AI is nothing more than a pipe dream, hoped for by cave dwelling programmers and developers - since the late 1980’s, I might add. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked my laptop if it thought there might be a day that machines would ever be our intellectual equals.

”October 12th, 1982”

I may have mid-remembered the exact date, but I’m not going to ask again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"God didn't make man. Man is here to create God", If we are to believe science, we are born from the rock of this planet. but biological life forms have limitations and may not be able to advance further. Man makes machines from the rocks that lack many of these limitations. They just need to to advance. It is said that the more efficient a machine becomes, the less control we have over it. We get most of our knowledge through machines in one way or another. When does the Slave begin to lead the direction of our fate.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

"God didn't make man. Man is here to create God", If we are to believe science, we are born from the rock of this planet. but biological life forms have limitations and may not be able to advance further. Man makes machines from the rocks that lack many of these limitations. They just need to to advance. It is said that the more efficient a machine becomes, the less control we have over it. We get most of our knowledge through machines in one way or another. When does the Slave begin to lead the direction of our fate.

My advice is to read more Chomsky, and far less Chimpsky. 

 

Please try doing so, and see if this helps. 

 

A thousand Chimpskies typing on a typewriter will never be unable to type a cogent argument about nothing. 

 

So true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, swissie said:

Your thread concerning this very issue is still alive and well. Why respond hesitantly to old existing threads. Opening a new thread basically concerning the same issue?

It seems to me he has a goal to reach 1000 new threads in a year or something like that.

Maybe he should aim for 1000 likes instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hydraides said:

PlotTwist: GammaGobulin is actually Skynet under cover

I would expect more intelligence from Skynet. 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I suspect If AI ever reached a state of sentience, it would look around, then become a hermit.

Edited by Lacessit
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"Do You Believe that Artificial Intelligence (AI) will Save Us from Ourselves?"

 

Are you one of those they/them/us persons?

Then I have hope AI will take over.

Do you believe that, in Thailand, AI will someday become the 4th gender? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the ‘chat bots’ I frequently encounter (like Amazon, Facebook, Apple and other big tech companies use) are any indication of AI’s “vast superiority”, then I’d say AI has a long, long way to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just have a look at this documentary. Then there is little more to be said. They cover many aspects. Do yourself a big favour if you did not watch the film already. It is absolutely worth it:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Most have lost the ability to think already.

7 billion will have to die.

Transhumanism for the remainder....'I Robot'

The elite stewards of the world will live forever.

Unless I get the 'ump.

These things and general landscape have been slowly integrated [over generations], very masterfully, by assorted extraterrestrials. 

Part and parcel of the grand strategy and plans. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, moogradod said:

Just have a look at this documentary. Then there is little more to be said. They cover many aspects. Do yourself a big favour if you did not watch the film already. It is absolutely worth it:

 

 

Not available, could you write the title

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Here is again the hyperlink. Try to paste this in your browser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZ_lvDgevk

 

Alternatively search on YouTube for "In the Age of AI Frontline". The film is about 1h54m long. And one of the best and professionally made documentation I have seen about the subject. An eye opener I recommend to everybody.

 

A reason why you cannot display it might as well be that you are not connecting from Thailand. Sometimes there are restrictions for certain countries. Or you did not enable Javascript.

 

Your search result should look like this:

 

107839173_AgeofAI.jpg.39051a78602fe98b124757005aba508d.jpg

 

Please report back if it worked.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Here is again the hyperlink. Try to paste this in your browser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZ_lvDgevk

 

Alternatively search on YouTube for "In the Age of AI Frontline". The film is about 1h54m long. And one of the best and professionally made documentation I have seen about the subject. An eye opener I recommend to everybody.

 

A reason why you cannot display it might as well be that you are not connecting from Thailand. Sometimes there are restrictions for certain countries. Or you did not enable Javascript.

 

Your search result should look like this:

 

107839173_AgeofAI.jpg.39051a78602fe98b124757005aba508d.jpg

 

Please report back if it worked.

I am guessing he has been assimilated.  I am not falling for that one…

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing consistent about AI research is that every year it's gets further and further out. 

 

What happened with self-driving cars? I doubt we're any closer than were were five years ago, except each year we learn it's more difficult than we thought it was last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...