Cheapest good weed now ? I found 350 thb/gram but not cheaper yet, any idea ?

13 minutes ago, nightbird said:

I've now tried both of the Thai stick offered by Green Lab. Both got me stoned easily on very little leaf. The ST1 has the stronger THC content, but oddly enough, the WA1 made me more stoned. There is a definite difference that I felt but we are all unique and will experience each differently. I think I prefer the ST1. I will probably keep both in stock. These really give a clear sativa high. 

If one on the low end, other on high end, then possibly as much as 50% more THC

The ST1 wasn't available when I bought the Tanaosri 

image.png.8ca48a4d4c30f3076f2e34243fbe5350.png

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, nightbird said:

I've now tried both of the Thai stick offered by Green Lab. Both got me stoned easily on very little leaf. The ST1 has the stronger THC content, but oddly enough, the WA1 made me more stoned. There is a definite difference that I felt but we are all unique and will experience each differently. I think I prefer the ST1. I will probably keep both in stock. These really give a clear sativa high. 

Probably because the quoted figures for THC are 'pie in the sky'. Probably closer to 6%-8% for ST1 and 8%-10% for WA1.

ST1 having approx. equal THC/CBD.

The other two Thai strains are TT1(similar to WA1) and RD1(CBD rich)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

Probably because the quoted figures for THC are 'pie in the sky'. Probably closer to 6%-8% for ST1 and 8%-10% for WA1.

ST1 having approx. equal THC/CBD.

The other two Thai strains are TT1(similar to WA1) and RD1(CBD rich)

What % would you estimate brick weed is?

2 hours ago, nightbird said:

Your assessment of these two strains is quite accurate. ST1 is 7% THC and 7% CBD. The WA1 is 9% THC and .01% CBD.

34 minutes ago, Pork Pie said:

What % would you estimate brick weed is?

I think the %s are pretty much irrelevant, as non can be verified, and all, most are stating somewhere in the 15-25% THC range. 

Recently smoke a 1/2 gr doobie (TS), and was on my way before finished ????

Then smoked a 1 gram doobie (GC), and was on my way,  when half finished ????

Both stating the same-ish THC %, and both costing the same, if from same vendor.

So that's my baseline for TH buds.  Better than previous 'brick' purchase, but TBH,

never needed a 2nd doobie of that brick, so certainly wasn't bad, just not as good.

Harsher, definitely dryer, and much older, since took my 2 yrs to smoke it.

Unless coming from the farm, most I don't believe is, then guessing most compressed 

into a brick along the way.  The Green Crack certainly gave that impression, although 

if so, not compressed nearly as much as previous brick purchase years ago.  All buds

intact, and very little, 2gr of shake in bottom of bag, after I re-bagged the buds.

Actually kind of impressed, especially since not 'groomed' for presentation.

Probably has something to do with the legality of it, and shipping isn't a concern as before.

Happy Toking image.png.280c985f6bac03e29e6ae7a2de236d24.png

16 minutes ago, cgros said:

Your assessment of these two strains is quite accurate. ST1 is 7% THC and 7% CBD. The WA1 is 9% THC and .01% CBD.

My  reading come up with double your %s, 15-20% on a few sites, beside the selling sites.

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

My  reading come up with double you %s, 15-20% on a few sites, beside the selling sites.

My figures are from papers published by Thai government research facilities (universities).

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've got R9 brick (450bht for 100gm), and it's stronger than the expensive named brand weed.

Having to mix it with Red diesel to tone down the effect a bit.

So I'd say the brick was 10-15% THC.

69 brick.jpg

love that photo   like the best christmas ever

• Haha 2

On 7/14/2022 at 11:28 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

You can look at some of their publicly traded Canadian cannabis stocks which have massively crashed in the past 3 years (almost all are down 70%+).

• CGC
  • WEED.WT
  • TLRY
  • ACB
  • OGI
  • HEXO
  • RIV

Got ACB and CGC since IPO... retired in Thailand in 2018

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've got R9 brick (450bht for 100gm), and it's stronger than the expensive named brand weed.

69 brick.jpg

link please?

10 hours ago, cgros said:

My figures are from papers published by Thai government research facilities (universities).

https://www.doa.go.th/pvp/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/AnnoDOA_Public241.pdf

Maybe give a spoiler alert before dashing hopes. ????

I'm actually surprised these figures are so high. Maybe from ideally grown crops at Maejo?

I'd be shocked if brick weed, on average, is much above 3% THC.

Is there any significance to the color of the wrapping paper? Is "Gold" better than "Red"? Still amazed they can even give this stuff away now.

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

https://www.doa.go.th/pvp/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/AnnoDOA_Public241.pdf

Maybe give a spoiler alert before dashing hopes. ????

I'm actually surprised these figures are so high. Maybe from ideally grown crops at Maejo?

I'd be shocked if brick weed, on average, is much above 3% THC.

Is there any significance to the color of the wrapping paper? Is "Gold" better than "Red"? Still amazed they can even give this stuff away now.

I don't think , in the absence of reliable testing equipment for all, that there is much point in quoting % figures with any confidence, also I would imagine the THC is not uniformly distributed over the entire plant, if you were a grower it would be expected that you sent your best buds for testing, however that would not really possible with brick as it is all mixed up before  it gets pressed. 

From personal experience I don't think there is any significant difference between red and gold foil wrapped brick but I would say that there is good and bad available of both colours I would also say, that what I am smoking at present is maybe slightly above average for brick although it only cost 10bt / gram . If a spliff goes out after I've smoked around half of it I rarely bother relighting it immediately as I'm stoned. A friend gave me a piece of his "gorrilla glue" for comparison purposes and to be honest there was not a big difference, certainly in my opinion not enough of a difference to justify the 80x difference in price 

Maybe the lower grade brick might average out at 3% but generally I think its much higher

So If you know of anybody who is having trouble giving it away please pm me I would happily take it off their hands

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

69 brick.jpg

Dear god that price difference....100 grams vs 1 gram !

If they hybridise the Thai and exotic stuff would that make it grow wild vs all the greenhouse gymnastics ?

1 hour ago, Pork Pie said:

And this is the point of this entire thread:

A cheap weed that works.

But this thread is consuming a lot of the oxygen in the Cannabis forum. I'm all for value for money and it's true that I have had random purchases of Thai that equaled the exotics. But they were different from the brick. Not squashed flat by a hydraulic press but loose bud lightly compressed by bagging.

I've started a thread to discuss the premium buds because I didn't wait 50+ years (20 in Thailand) to go gaga over "Squirrel Tail Thai". The exotic price will drop quickly and that's what I'll be buying. Unfortunately the current pricing is punishing for a regular consumer, so info exchange on the premiums is good.. in it's own thread.

4 hours ago, nightbird said:

We can speculate all day, but my point is they both worked, no matter what the % of THC they had. 

It was actually an explanation as to why the WA1 got you "more stoned" than the ST1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pork Pie said:

And this is the point of this entire thread:

A cheap weed that works.

ST1 (Squirrel Tail) for me is perfect. Because of the high CBD.
I've always preferred sativa but need CBD to mellow the sativa THC.

I've compared 69bht Green Labs ST1 to 20bht Squirrel Tail bought on Shopee.

Vapped at 180 deg. to compare flavor. Both the same.
Vapped at 210 deg. to extract everything (high feeling). Both the same.

So for me "A cheap weed that works" is the one bought on Shoppe.
Search "tassaneeyawan" in Shopee ap. They also offer 100g for 1500bht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Thanks, ordered some.

I just tried some of that. Good service, and there was a bit of a punch in it, but it is not for me. Hardly any smell or taste. I felt a bit stoned, but without the buzz. I will keep it for mixing with some flower which might be perfect for it?

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

69 brick.jpg

I'm wondering when paid tours of where these are grown and produced will be available...personally I'd love to see how it's done 

• Like 2