Cheapest good weed now ? I found 350 thb/gram but not cheaper yet, any idea ?

5 hours ago, stoner said:

do you know cost per gram to grow indoors in thailand ? i do and 30b a gram wholesale is not a business model anyone would use. 

Yes I do.  Thats the fresh harvest wholesale cost for regular high grade, two kilo lots. Genetic exotics will be more, but for what I want, the .regular high grade is fine. Cured it is an excellent smoke, processed correctly its paralyzing.

By high grade I mean the USA dispensary strains that retail in the $10 ish gram range. I can get local indoor grown equivalent here retail for $6 ish by the gram (150B). 

The folks in my world arent ayone and we all do fine. 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Yes I do.  Thats the fresh harvest wholesale cost for regular high grade, two kilo lots. Genetic exotics will be more, but for what I want, the .regular high grade is fine. Cured it is an excellent smoke, processed correctly its paralyzing.

please post some pics of this top grade 30b a gram flower. the grower is barely breaking even at that price and in most cases would be losing money. 

28 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I can get local indoor grown equivalent here retail for $6 ish by the gram (150B). 

very little of what is grown locally here is considered top grade flower. most is mids. not trying to be bad mannered or anything just going with what i know. 

27 minutes ago, stoner said:

please post some pics of this top grade 30b a gram flower. the grower is barely breaking even at that price and in most cases would be losing money. 

Dunno if this is top grade, but at 5kbht for 100gm (50bht/gm) it looks pretty good (OG BKK)

lava freeze.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Top shelf should be around 30 baht a gram wholesale.

Yep, and a brand new car should cost 10,000 baht. I'm dreaming too, 555

Seriously though, have you ever grown indoors? Just the electric here will cost you more than 30 baht a gram.

Edited by Trippy

1 hour ago, stoner said:

very little of what is grown locally here is considered top grade flower. most is mids. not trying to be bad mannered or anything just going with what i know. 

Post a pic? What are you looking for, tight buds, frosties, macro photos? It looks like that posed by BritMan. Its all about the smoke tho, innit?  And how do you know the grower is barely breaking even? If you are an established, experienced and set up grower and not making a profit at 30B then maybe you need to evaluate your operation.

As to top shelf, I should have clarified my original post. Top grade flower is a marketing tool. In the states, they run the lab tests and whatever shows the most THC is marketed as top shelf. But its a plant. Yes, THC levels are important but at the amounts in flower its the entire chemical profile combined with the users experience level for one to really evaluate "top shelf". However, the production of "top shelf" (high THC levels) will entail higher production costs for reasons that all growers know, which adds to the wholesale costs of "top shelf", where the only difference is newness, fancy names, and a few points of THC percentage.  Thats in the States. They don't do lab tests here. They make up names. They use autoflower.

So who is to consider what is "topshelf"? I have been smoking weed since 1968.  I have run through every Weed shop up and down Sukhumvit and Khao San and elsewhere. I have had "topshelf" experiences on cheap weed and meh on expensive and not to often vice versa. My fav strains in the USA arent considered "topshelf" to the marketing gurus, but I smoke 24/7 and my user experience is different than yours. The only thing that anchors me to the couch anymore are the pure Rosins we get in Cambodia.         

The best analogy for weed is vodka. You got rot gut (compressed brick) and everything else. Its all good.                   

Edited by Yagoda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Trippy said:

Yep, and a brand new car should cost 10,000 baht. I'm dreaming too, 555

Seriously though, have you ever grown indoors? Just the air con here will cost you more than 30 baht a gram.

Yes and its all good mate, but hey, back to retail:

FatBoys down in Ekkamai has great prices on weed in 25g quantities, good place. Maybe 200g? Talk to the dude from Chicago.. The White Wedding was a nice smoke.

Happy Cannabis in Bang Pho has great pricing. You can work the woner there and he gets some decent strains. The young man on the corner of Soi Arab and Sukhumvit has Moon Rocks at like 150B. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Post a pic? What are you looking for, tight buds, frosties, macro photos? It looks like that posed by BritMan.

those pics are not of top shelf flower.

15 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

So who is to consider what is "topshelf"?

i think that true master growers can give this kind of judgement. when i met one last year my whole world changed. 

master grower. 

growing a minimum number of years - i would say 15 would be bare min.

loads of experience with commercial size grows.

and most importantly the education in the proper sciences to back it up. without this one i rarely consider someone a master grower anymore.

i personally have been growing for about 13 years now and would not consider myself a master grower at all. not even close. and i do quite well. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 1:28 PM, Yagoda said:

And how do you know the grower is barely breaking even? If you are an established, experienced and set up grower and not making a profit at 30B then maybe you need to evaluate your operation

Indoor weed grown under lights in this country costs around 25-35 Baht a gram to produce to a high standard.

If you scale you can go cheaper but then it's harder to control the quality, but for domestic growing that is what you pay to grow indoors.

Outdoor can obviously be much cheaper, but it's harder to get a successful crop.

13 hours ago, tomster said:

Indoor weed grown under lights in this country costs around 25-35 Baht a gram to produce to a high standard.

If you scale you can go cheaper but then it's harder to control the quality, but for domestic growing that is what you pay to grow indoors.

Outdoor can obviously be much cheaper, but it's harder to get a successful crop.

Are you a grower too? Where do you get your numbers? What are your numbers based on? The cost of electric, seeeds, water, lights, bags, labor, hey dont forget all our cell phones and my Mercedes lease? I bet a lot of legit growers lose tons of money in the USA on each gram, especially the first few years when one expenses outright things like the Porsche with the weed patterned wrap (that the CPA peels off after he takes the photo to prove advertising cost).

I dont quite understand why folks are arguing here.  Did I offend somebody's sensibilities because I know about 30b quality weed in kilo lots? Hell, Mr. Brit Man showed you 50baht weed and you dont need to buy kilos. Whats the response? Oh its not top shelf.. But I know him and he is a weed maven and himself grows excellent weed.

By the way, in determining "top shelf": How do you make your daily judgements in life, from pictures? If I did that, my fat ugly chick surprise ratio would be enormous. I recognize of course, that a picture of clear utter grossness is enough sometimes, one wouldnt send a message to a potential date that looked like Hillary Clinton would one? Just like one wouldnt even consider brick weed based on the picture of same.

So I inviter any of the experts here to look at these pics, tell me is it top shelf in your opinion? How much did I pay for it then? How much would you pay for it? Is it a Sativa, Indica or hybrid?

Crickets I bet.

1690521419481.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

Placed an order for some kief from this site. They sent some low grade pot, still on the stems. No reasonable response when I questioned them about it. 

Avoid these guys. 

I would say my experience was OK, but the same happened, no hash, so they sent something else, which smokes OK, but nothing to say what it was.

Got the Moonrock  I really like and at b120 Gram excellent, have seen this in shops 400 plus, also got soon Strawberry Banana B130 which again i thought excellent value

Very poor communication, the website says login, but nowhere to register that I could find.

I would use again as I like their prices

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

I would say my experience was OK, but the same happened, no hash, so they sent something else, which smokes OK, but nothing to say what it was.

Got the Moonrock  I really like and at b120 Gram excellent, have seen this in shops 400 plus, also got soon Strawberry Banana B130 which again i thought excellent value

Very poor communication, the website says login, but nowhere to register that I could find.

I would use again as I like their prices

I only tried them as I typically only smoke homemade kief in Canada, and I wanted to try it here as it's a wonderful way to consume it. There's much better sources for bud/extracts than bkkushhh. PM me and I'll forward your info to my source. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Are you a grower too? Where do you get your numbers? What are your numbers based on? The cost of electric, seeeds, water, lights, bags, labor, hey dont forget all our cell phones and my Mercedes lease? I bet a lot of legit growers lose tons of money in the USA on each gram, especially the first few years when one expenses outright things like the Porsche with the weed patterned wrap (that the CPA peels off after he takes the photo to prove advertising cost).

I dont quite understand why folks are arguing here.  Did I offend somebody's sensibilities because I know about 30b quality weed in kilo lots? Hell, Mr. Brit Man showed you 50baht weed and you dont need to buy kilos. Whats the response? Oh its not top shelf.. But I know him and he is a weed maven and himself grows excellent weed.

By the way, in determining "top shelf": How do you make your daily judgements in life, from pictures? If I did that, my fat ugly chick surprise ratio would be enormous. I recognize of course, that a picture of clear utter grossness is enough sometimes, one wouldnt send a message to a potential date that looked like Hillary Clinton would one? Just like one wouldnt even consider brick weed based on the picture of same.

So I inviter any of the experts here to look at these pics, tell me is it top shelf in your opinion? How much did I pay for it then? How much would you pay for it? Is it a Sativa, Indica or hybrid?

Crickets I bet.

1690521419481.jpg

not top shelf. wouldn't buy it. was cut early as well. possibly outdoor i would need to see first hand. thc content not that high. or if you have test results that would be good.  but it doesn't look too frosty.

this is coming soon (w6 now) from our farm and i would consider it like b+ maybe. but it already looks worlds better than your posted pic.

fl.jpg

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

not top shelf. wouldn't buy it. was cut early as well. possibly outdoor i would need to see first hand. thc content not that high. or if you have test results that would be good.  but it doesn't look too frosty.

this is coming soon (w6 now) from our farm and i would consider it like b+ maybe. but it already looks worlds better than your posted pic.

fl.jpg

Dude saying you can tell how much THC is in a piece of weed by looking at a bad photo of a bud in a bag is like telling us that Joe Biden is honest.

So how much would you pay for it? 

Thats a lovely photo. I see them all over the net, in fact it looks exactly like some big growers product. But hey, lets not get diverted with picture sources, neh. Anyway, with all due respect, I get the impression you are shoestring connected to some Thai who has a farm and you want to show us your expertise in order to drum up business. Thats fine, play the expert, but you arent fooling folks who are dedicated long term American stoners/growers. And its not "your" farm is it, that would be frowned upon. Your best bet in marketing is not diss other peoples choices.

But hey no biggie to me, I'm not in the industry in the USA anymore. Im primarly a dabber on those days I need to be a sloth, and on the days I have to function I smoke whatever weed I can find that is cheap and tasty. Tasty is the key, since there is no weed in the world that will make me say, wow, thats good, Im so high, etc. It has to taste right to my palate. In fact, these days, I am mostly smoking Nepalese Hash just for the taste and nice relaxing high and because its sooo cheap for me.

Im going to reiterate a point I may have made, if not, here it is: Top Shelf, Grade AAAA, THC 35%, body buzz, fruity taste, all of the marketing words and effects description are meaningless. You can knock a rookie out with bunk weed while an expert wont even catch more than a mild buzz. Some folks might taste the blueberries with notes of mung bean, others may choke. Im my prime, I could drink a whole bottle of vodka over the course of a night and not die, how about you. Nowadays, one drink makes me giggly. Its all about the consumer.

Last week, I took a new dab strain that was quite potent (even to me) and put a semi rookie on the floor with it. He just slid off his seat. Me, I can still function. Is that top shelf dab then? 

Its a plant. Its like a BJ, some are better than others, but there aint no bad ones

But here, enlighten us then as to the following picture of a bud in my hand. Just tell us about it. How much THC is in it? What grade is it? AA AAA A Mid, TopShelf, Exotic, Premium?

Anyway, this is getting boring. Too much dick measuring over a plant. For newbies to the weed scene in Thailand, here is gratuitous advice from just a person with no chips in the game here. You should note that the industry is new, and many shops are simply arms of a big faceless corporation, think like MedMen in Cali. Others are fly by night Instagrammers or tourist tables selling crap to Asian weed tourists, although the Nepalese kid on the corner of Soi Arab has some nice Moon Rocks. If you are here as a tourist or even as a long termer and you are down in Falang-Land, try Fat Buds (?) in Ekkamai, there is an American dude there whose wife owns it. Thai Cannabis Club has decent pricing and lots of locations. Great for smoking and people watching. There is a place in Phra Kanong, that has quality product at a decent price. Happy Cannabis in Bang Pho has great deals and you deal with the owner, not an employee.  But any independent shop off the main drag will work with you. Go in, buy a gram, you like it, cut a deal. Remember COGS, the fancier decorated shops charge more. When I see a shop I havent seen before, I walk in and check it out. Something looks and smells good, well buy a gram then. Ill do that even when I have a stash in my pocket (and the weed and dabs I smoke are usually free, I buy random anyway). Gram is good then cut a deal. No deal? Later bro. YMMV if you are from Europe where the quality is less and the costs are higher, and you mix it with tobacco, ugg, you can buy the table bricks ????

1690646079522.jpg

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

Thats a lovely photo. I see them all over the net, in fact it looks exactly like some big growers product. But hey, lets not get diverted with picture sources, neh. Anyway, with all due respect, I get the impression you are shoestring connected to some Thai who has a farm and you want to show us your expertise in order to drum up business. Thats fine, play the expert, but you arent fooling folks who are dedicated long term American stoners/growers. And its not "your" farm is it, that would be frowned upon. Your best bet in marketing is not diss other peoples choices.

ahhhh 

i own a cannabis company here in thailand. yes this is my companies farm. not it is not a stock pic but thanks for the compliment.  the rest of your rambling comment is just strange. 

thanks for all the other advice but i am well connected in the industry here in thailand. 

7 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Last week, I took a new dab strain that was quite potent (even to me) and put a semi rookie on the floor with it. He just slid off his seat. Me, I can still function. Is that top shelf dab then? 

great news as i am also an extract artist myself. could you post a pic of these dabs and i will give you the low down. 

what strain name is the dab ? 

if you want i can go back in take that exact same pic and write your name and todays date on it just to set the record straight. 

hold on ima go do it now. 

this should clear the air about the stock pic i posted yes ? 

please note the white card drastically changed the coloring of the pic when taken. you can clearly see it is the same flower though. 

20230730_193632.jpg

20230730_193641.jpg

20230730_193647.jpg

Edited by stoner
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

ahhhh 

i own a cannabis company here in thailand. yes this is my companies farm. not it is not a stock pic but thanks for the compliment.  the rest of your rambling comment is just strange. 

thanks for all the other advice but i am well connected in the industry here in thailand. 

great news as i am also an extract artist myself. could you post a pic of these dabs and i will give you the low down. 

what strain name is the dab ? 

if you want i can go back in take that exact same pic and write your name and todays date on it just to set the record straight. 

hold on ima go do it now. 

I didnt know falang could own an agricultural company. Learn something new every day.

Put it back in your pants mate, Im not interested in going into measurements over dabs now. What are you going to tell me from a pic anyway and what does it matter? 

Geez stoner, all that effort just for little old me. Now all the dab talk got me excited, time for the torch. Im old school in that regard.

Incidently Mr. "Dab Artist", know where I can get Oooze 510 size quartz burners or some other portable dabber without paying some stupid price?

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

Geez stoner, all that effort just for little old me. Now all the dab talk got me excited, time for the torch. Im old school in that regard.

Incidently Mr. "Dab Artist", know where I can get Oooze 510 size quartz burners or some other portable dabber without paying some stupid price?

no problem at all :)

no clue on the burners. possibly bong party on srinakarin. 

i like the all in 1 dab rig. not really portable but cold start is the bestest. 

2 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Dude saying you can tell how much THC is in a piece of weed by looking at a bad photo of a bud in a bag is like telling us that Joe Biden is honest.

So how much would you pay for it? 

But hey no biggie to me, I'm not in the industry in the USA anymore. Im primarly a dabber on those days I need to be a sloth, and on the days I have to function I smoke whatever weed I can find that is cheap and tasty. Tasty is the key, since there is no weed in the world that will make me say, wow, thats good, Im so high, etc. It has to taste right to my palate. In fact, these days, I am mostly smoking Nepalese Hash just for the taste and nice relaxing high and because its sooo cheap for me.

Im going to reiterate a point I may have made, if not, here it is: Top Shelf, Grade AAAA, THC 35%, body buzz, fruity taste, all of the marketing words and effects description are meaningless. You can knock a rookie out with bunk weed while an expert wont even catch more than a mild buzz. Some folks might taste the blueberries with notes of mung bean, others may choke. Im my prime, I could drink a whole bottle of vodka over the course of a night and not die, how about you. Nowadays, one drink makes me giggly. Its all about the consumer.

Its a plant. Its like a BJ, some are better than others, but there aint no bad ones

But here, enlighten us then as to the following picture of a bud in my hand. Just tell us about it. How much THC is in it? What grade is it? AA AAA A Mid, TopShelf, Exotic, Premium?

Anyway, this is getting boring. Too much dick measuring over a plant. For newbies to the weed scene in Thailand, here is gratuitous advice from just a person with no chips in the game here. You should note that the industry is new, and many shops are simply arms of a big faceless corporation, think like MedMen in Cali. Others are fly by night Instagrammers or tourist tables selling crap to Asian weed tourists, although the Nepalese kid on the corner of Soi Arab has some nice Moon Rocks. If you are here as a tourist or even as a long termer and you are down in Falang-Land, try Fat Buds (?) in Ekkamai, there is an American dude there whose wife owns it. Thai Cannabis Club has decent pricing and lots of locations. Great for smoking and people watching. There is a place in Phra Kanong, that has quality product at a decent price. Happy Cannabis in Bang Pho has great deals and you deal with the owner, not an employee.  But any independent shop off the main drag will work with you. Go in, buy a gram, you like it, cut a deal. Remember COGS, the fancier decorated shops charge more. When I see a shop I havent seen before, I walk in and check it out. Something looks and smells good, well buy a gram then. Ill do that even when I have a stash in my pocket (and the weed and dabs I smoke are usually free, I buy random anyway). Gram is good then cut a deal. No deal? Later bro. YMMV if you are from Europe where the quality is less and the costs are higher, and you mix it with tobacco, ugg, you can buy the table bricks ????

1690646079522.jpg

A tad long winded don’t you think? Thou doth protest too much! It’s you who started the whole top grade argument and now you are stating that it doesn’t matter at all. 
You are happy and that is what matters. 

21 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Trying to find any portable wax/dab vaporizer here is an excersize in futilty.

http://www.stonercornerth.com/products/Detail/33-1106-Rig_in_One_RIO_Portable_Dab_Rig_Backwoods__Joker__Skull__Tri

I bought 2 for discounted price of 1000bt each. The inbuilt torch may also satisfy your needs. 

Edited by gargamon