Cheapest good weed now ? I found 350 thb/gram but not cheaper yet, any idea ?

On 5/19/2023 at 11:43 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Thai farmers use a lot of glyphosate on other crops which has been proven to cause cancers. 

Thailand is the fourth ranked pesticide consuming country, globally. Yes, any outdoor weed farming done here, especially at scale (like an actual business ????) - you can bet on it! Glyphosates are THE WORST!

2 minutes ago, SamuiGrower said:

That is correct information. I remember it vividly from the early to late 70’s. It was also cured like Malawi Cob as well if you were fortunate. Sometimes, it was coated in kief (never opium as some have suggested). And yes, it was mainly from Laos, some came out of Cambodia but it all passed through Thailand. As a result, this is why there is no PURE, true landrace Thai genetics (I see a huge contentious argument heading my way! ????). Yes, I know, there is always the Obi-Wan Thai grower that has the “real deal”….. I am familiar with SE Asian landrace phenos, That is what they should be called. The very nature of 60 years of outdoor growing will lead to genetic drift through pollination. If you experience seeds you know what I’m talking about…….

So refreshing to have factual info coming out of dispensaries and seed banks. A rarity. Thank you.

Thank you for that. Yes, there have a been a lot of discussions about this, and individual memories can sometimes be, lets just say, subjective. ????

We were not around at this time, but we have spoken to those who were involved in this little nugget of history (such as yourself). So thank you for confirming what we have been told. ????

3 hours ago, SamuiGrower said:

Thailand is the fourth ranked pesticide consuming country, globally. Yes, any outdoor weed farming done here, especially at scale (like an actual business ????) - you can bet on it! Glyphosates are THE WORST!

... disgusting stuff, but how does it work, in general but particularly with da weed ... being a 'weed killer' how does it eliminate only 'bad' weeds ...?  (genuine question) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... disgusting stuff, but how does it work, in general but particularly with da weed ... being a 'weed killer' how does it eliminate only 'bad' weeds ...?  (genuine question) 

It does not only eliminate "bad weeds". Chemicals are indisctiminate., ????

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

It does not only eliminate "bad weeds". Chemicals are indisctiminate., ????

... yeah, well, 'twas what I was thinking as well, unsurprisingly, which is why I asked.

So how do they use it for da ganj then ... spray it around the plants?

Can't see that working too well ...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, redwood1 said:

The reason Glyphosate works is because plants they spray it on are genetically modified to withstand it.....So there is ZERO Glyphosate sprayed on cannabis unless it has been genetically modified...

Not exactly.

Some background: Glyphosates are a non-discriminate herbicide that will kill anything (mostly weeds and grasses) in its path. While not being directly sprayed on cannabis, you can believe it is sprayed around furrows and ridges around cannabis. There use on GMO crops only is not correct.

To be clear, glyphosates will likely remain the most widely applied pesticide globally, for years to come. It is used and packaged in many different forms and applied across diverse sectors: aquaculture, forestry, major food crops like corn, canola, wheat and most grains, beans, sugar cane and soybeans (where it is predominantly used). 43 of 45 oat based products (Quaker oats oatmeal) tested positive for glyphosates.

Monsanto (they developed glyphosates in 1974), understanding that it binds to three specific enzymes in plants, genetically modified seed stock to “switch off” gene expression in these enzymes. GMO seed stock are sold to farmers along with glyphosates. It acts as “lock and key”, killing everything but the crop produced from the seeds. 

So, yes, cannabis not being a GMO (yet highly hybridized), is NOT immune to glyphosates but yet is/may be used by those farming it. Glyphosates have been widely used in Thailand for decades. You don’t get to be the 4th largest user in the world of pesticides on food crops and escape the use of glyphosates. To say they are never used on cannabis would be misinformation. Palm oil, that has taken over the use of coconut oil (because it’s cheaper to produce on many different models), has become a prime crop for the use of glyphosates. Chlorpyrifos and Paraquat have been banned in Thailand. Paraquat used to be the number one pesticide used in cannabis cultivation, around the world.

In 2019 Thailand began steps to officially ban glyphosate’s. Bayer chemicals (Germany) that acquired Monsanto, went on an active campaign, with the help of the EPA and FDA (USA), to influence Thailand in reversing this ban. It remains in use and the ongoing story is extremely controversial. The WHO (World Health Organization) has classified Glyphosates as likely carcinogenic. There is enormous politicized controversy, not only around the outsized influence over Thailand by the USA, in its use of glyphosates, but by medical studies of glyphosates being co-opted by BIG companies like Bayer, with the help of federal agencies. BIG companies=BIG $. This, of course, is at the expense of world health. 

A simple internet search on Glyphosates and human health will yield the following (in many different forms): (This is from the NPIC, National Pesticide Information Center)

What happens to glyphosate when it enters the body?

In humans, glyphosate does not easily pass through the skin. Glyphosate that is absorbed or ingested will pass through the body relatively quickly. The vast majority of glyphosate leaves the body in urine and feces without being changed into another chemical.

The Environmental Protection Agency says: No risks of concern to human health from current uses of glyphosate

Anyone buying this? Raise your hand.

The controversy continues in masking the hazards and dangers of glyphosates by lobbyists and special interest groups in medical studies around the world.

Glyphosates are truly insidious and bind tightly to soils and have a half-life of about 6 months. There is strong evidence that they are:

Carcinogenic (liver and kidney)

Endocrine disrupters 

Reproductive ailments, maladies and developmental issues

Cause risks in pregnancies and breast milk

inflammatory disorders

Metabolic disorders

Disrupt mitochondrial function

The only safeguard in limiting exposure to glyphosates is in buying “certified organic”. The term “organic”, in and of itself is controversial but guarantees you glyphosates and an infinite list of other pesticides, we’re NOT used in the farming practices of what you are consuming.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, SamuiGrower said:

Not exactly.

Some background: Glyphosates are a non-discriminate herbicide that will kill anything (mostly weeds and grasses) in its path. While not being directly sprayed on cannabis, you can believe it is sprayed around furrows and ridges around cannabis. There use on GMO crops only is not correct.

To be clear, glyphosates will likely remain the most widely applied pesticide globally, for years to come. It is used and packaged in many different forms and applied across diverse sectors: aquaculture, forestry, major food crops like corn, canola, wheat and most grains, beans, sugar cane and soybeans (where it is predominantly used). 43 of 45 oat based products (Quaker oats oatmeal) tested positive for glyphosates.

Monsanto (they developed glyphosates in 1974), understanding that it binds to three specific enzymes in plants, genetically modified seed stock to “switch off” gene expression in these enzymes. GMO seed stock are sold to farmers along with glyphosates. It acts as “lock and key”, killing everything but the crop produced from the seeds. 

So, yes, cannabis not being a GMO (yet highly hybridized), is NOT immune to glyphosates but yet is/may be used by those farming it. Glyphosates have been widely used in Thailand for decades. You don’t get to be the 4th largest user in the world of pesticides on food crops and escape the use of glyphosates. To say they are never used on cannabis would be misinformation. Palm oil, that has taken over the use of coconut oil (because it’s cheaper to produce on many different models), has become a prime crop for the use of glyphosates. Chlorpyrifos and Paraquat have been banned in Thailand. Paraquat used to be the number one pesticide used in cannabis cultivation, around the world.

In 2019 Thailand began steps to officially ban glyphosate’s. Bayer chemicals (Germany) that acquired Monsanto, went on an active campaign, with the help of the EPA and FDA (USA), to influence Thailand in reversing this ban. It remains in use and the ongoing story is extremely controversial. The WHO (World Health Organization) has classified Glyphosates as likely carcinogenic. There is enormous politicized controversy, not only around the outsized influence over Thailand by the USA, in its use of glyphosates, but by medical studies of glyphosates being co-opted by BIG companies like Bayer, with the help of federal agencies. BIG companies=BIG $. This, of course, is at the expense of world health. 

A simple internet search on Glyphosates and human health will yield the following (in many different forms): (This is from the NPIC, National Pesticide Information Center)

What happens to glyphosate when it enters the body?

In humans, glyphosate does not easily pass through the skin. Glyphosate that is absorbed or ingested will pass through the body relatively quickly. The vast majority of glyphosate leaves the body in urine and feces without being changed into another chemical.

The Environmental Protection Agency says: No risks of concern to human health from current uses of glyphosate

Anyone buying this? Raise your hand.

The controversy continues in masking the hazards and dangers of glyphosates by lobbyists and special interest groups in medical studies around the world.

Glyphosates are truly insidious and bind tightly to soils and have a half-life of about 6 months. There is strong evidence that they are:

Carcinogenic (liver and kidney)

Endocrine disrupters 

Reproductive ailments, maladies and developmental issues

Cause risks in pregnancies and breast milk

inflammatory disorders

Metabolic disorders

Disrupt mitochondrial function

The only safeguard in limiting exposure to glyphosates is in buying “certified organic”. The term “organic”, in and of itself is controversial but guarantees you glyphosates and an infinite list of other pesticides, we’re NOT used in the farming practices of what you are consuming.

I believe all of this is correct......

They may very well spray glyphosate around weed so it still would be possible to get a bit on the weed.....

So even thoe a small bit of glyphosate may end up in the weed, It would still be a lot less than you would get from a full-on glyphosate spray-down on a weed crop.....

Good write up on the nasty world glyphosate situation..

Edited by redwood1

15 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

So even thoe a small bit of glyphosate may end up in the weed,

Compounded, even more so, by cannabis being a hyperaccumulator plant, up-taking all heavy metals and toxins from the soil (or substrate). It is this very reason that cannabis (hemp) was a soil mitigation crop for treating contaminated soils.

This all translates to: glyphosate’s sprayed ‘around’ cannabis will contaminate soils for 6 months, having low mobility, will be taken up by hyperaccumulators like cannabis for all to enjoy in every puff.

Indoor cultivation is not subjected to glyphosates - fortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBiker said:

Is it just me or are prices dropping like crazy? 

https://thaigreenlab.com/th/ดอกกัญชาออนไลน์/

This now has bulk discounts 

Other websites are also lowering prices. I guess they have a lot of inventory to unload in this uncertain time.

i like the destroyer. i bought it at 100/baht more per gram ????

#

• 2 weeks later...

just got our monthly Lampang order and tried some new things.

Shogun and Dubai Poison are two great sativas. mixed together is potent. one hit did me for over an hour. Shogun is 750 for 10g. Dubai is 1000 for 10g i think.

with Lampang ask for an updated menu or follow them on line. then google the strain. their stock always changes.

i would say quality is getting much better every month. all Thai grown, no imports.

#

• Like 1

Was that from the same place as the cheap Bruce Banner you posted the other day? Ordered some from them but it’s very weak.

21 hours ago, philthebook said:

Ice Cream Cake (Barneys Farm) - Indica - Indoor Grow, lovely large dense buds. Paid 1500 for 10grams from one of my Facebook plugs

image.thumb.jpeg.5111197189fc17cfb7945fa11fc30b53.jpeg

351514065_652730606242897_9199139460656115687_n.jpg

20230614_140150.jpg

1 hour ago, SkyNets said:

Was that from the same place as the cheap Bruce Banner you posted the other day? Ordered some from them but it’s very weak.

20230614_140150.jpg

sorry to see you got a bad purchase. you know the non alcoholic beers ? this looks like non thc weed. message me if you want help. 

• Haha 2

image.png.e9b30cd920f77497628cde1192d1a246.png

Experience the potency and purity of our newly launched Kief line, boasting a remarkable THC content of 32%+. Collected naturally through dry sift methods in two grades:

■ AAAA (Top Shelf): Lilac Diesel Kief, the epitome of purity and potency.
■ AA (Mid Shelf): Mandarin Cookies Kief, a robust and economical choice that doesn't compromise on quality.

Both feature strong terpene profiles, enriching your sessions with an aromatic and flavorful experience.

Stay OG, and Order Now - 

https://weed.th

Now this takes the hash cake!

Getting a quote on Line for a from the farm order.

I asked how much for shipping.

I was asked where I live in Thailand.

I was quoted a ridiculous price of 150 for 5 grams!

I said that sounds very expensive shipping. 

I was told they charge more if shipping to a "tourist" area.

Isn’t that hilarious?

Not exactly double f-rang pricing but a funny variation on it.

I guess it doesn't matter if the tourist area person has lived here for 20 years.

I didn't dare ask if they apply that to Thais in tourist areas.

So tip if you live in Pattaya.

Say Banglamung.

Maybe that would fool them.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Now this takes the hash cake!

Getting a quote on Line for a from the farm order.

I asked how much for shipping.

I was asked where I live in Thailand.

I was quoted a ridiculous price of 150 for 5 grams!

I said that sounds very expensive shipping. 

I was told they charge more if shipping to a "tourist" area.

Isn’t that hilarious?

Not exactly double f-rang pricing but a funny variation on it.

I guess it doesn't matter if the tourist area person has lived here for 20 years.

I didn't dare ask if they apply that to Thais in tourist areas.

So tip if you live in Pattaya.

Say Banglamung.

Maybe that would fool them.

lol......Now this is funny........Normal shipping charges for anything under 1 kilo run from 37 baht up to about 67 baht......So I quess you could say this is a 100 baht farang tax, which is not fair, but not to crazy....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1