Alleged bent tourist cop and associate bailed for 1 million baht each - reporters left standing

webfact

I'm aware of at least one other ongoing case with bent tourist police in Hua Hin,...but it hasn't made the newspapers yet ! It most probably involves some higher very powerful famous person,.....I can't talk about it but get new details almost on a daily basis. Can't wait until the newspapers get hold of this story.

2 hours ago, dddave said:

I doubt it.  More likely they will lay low for a bit at the old family farm in Nahkon Nowhere, then start having quiet meetings with witnesses who will be encouraged with a variety of inducements to suddenly suffer from substantial memory loss.

Now there is some food for thought.

Probably onto something here.

Nahkon Nowhere is a wonderful place to be.

2 hours ago, dddave said:

I doubt it.  More likely they will lay low for a bit at the old family farm in Nahkon Nowhere, then start having quiet meetings with witnesses who will be encouraged with a variety of inducements to suddenly suffer from substantial memory loss.

No way, they obviously forgot to pass the money up the chain....hung out to dry.

12 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Hmmm.... I was always under the impression that only a judge could grant bail, but not individual police stations. One learns something new every day.

From an earlier report:

"Relatives of the tourist policeman turned up with 200,000 baht money to bail him out but this was denied."

Looks like the earlier offered bail amount of 200,000 wasn't enough for Bang Yai police, so it had to be "re-negotiated" to a cool million per suspect. As always, money talks.

I wonder how much of these 2 million will actually go into state coffers. 

Police can release persons on bail in the UK and Australia

20 hours ago, webfact said:

They are allegedly involved in extorting money from pubs and clubs in exchange for protection. 

Must have accumulated a nice pot of savings to cover that bail?

• Thanks 1