Man charged with raping Ohio girl, 10, who was denied abortion

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

Oh so its "much better" she waited until later in the pregnacy so that the abortion is a more "pleasant experience"  I was born at night but not last night. 

As said, I don't blame the girl, she did have options but for whatever reason did not avail herself of them.  But this pointing to her case and claiming it as a rationale for wholesale abortion is like the NRA seeing a case where a man used a machine gun to protect his family from intruders and using that to justify that everyone should legally be allowed to own a machine gun.  

I favor abortion rights in cases of rape, incest, to save the mothers life, or if the child has severe birth defects.  Those however do not amount to the 622,000 cases of abortion in the USA each year.  The fact that 42% of those people who had an abortion were having their second, third, or fourth shows pretty clearly they were not a huge contingent of rape victims but rather a group of people both men and women who though they claimed to want "control of their body" chose not to take control of their body when deciding to have sex. 

I suggest you you pause your outrage and do a little back ground reading into why these 42% of women are having multiple abortions.

This from Canadian research:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC550633/

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 12:28 AM, John Drake said:

One thing is for certain and that is Fuentes has been in the country since Biden has been president, and the child rape occurred during Biden's presidency. All the time, Biden had it as his responsibility to enforce US immigration law and deport illegal aliens. How many illegals has Biden deported from the US interior and Ohio, for instance? Why didn't Fuentes fear getting deported more than carrying out a child rape? Why are hundreds and thousands of illegals pouring across the border even as I write this? 

Speculation on the circumstances of his entry to the US is of interest to many of our members but it is veering off-topic.  We simply don't know if he enter illegally or whether he entered with a work visa and then over stayed.  That is one of the most common ways people end up becoming illegal. 

From the original article:

The source told Fox that Fuentes is a Guatemalan national in the country illegally and that ICE has placed a detainer on Fuentes, which is a request he eventually be handed over to the agency for removal proceedings. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Off topic and a diversion. This thread is about the fact that a 10 y/o was raped and had to go to another state to have an abortion. 

That's it.

Actually, no. There is another thread about that.

THIS thread is about the 27 y.o. man who's been accused of committing the rape being arrested and charged.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Jim Jordan called a 10-year-old rape victim a liar. Why? Because if her story is true (it is) that means the GOP is the party of government-mandated pregnancies for little girls.

Could you please share a reputable-source quote of Jim Jordan calling a 10-year old rape victim a "liar?"

As far as I know, the 10-year old has not spoken out about her situation. How, then, could she be labeled a "liar?"

And if you've gotten this wrong.......... as I'm almost certain you have.......... what does that make you?

[HINT: Calling a story about a 10-year old rape victim "a lie"............. is nowhere near the same thing as calling a 10-year old rape victim "a liar!"]

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Jim Jordan called a 10-year-old rape victim a liar. Why? Because if her story is true (it is) that means the GOP is the party of government-mandated pregnancies for little girls.

One case makes no difference to the bigger picture.

The GOP most certainly is the Forced Births party  Period. Their radicals are working hard right now to restrict interstate travel for all pregnant females, to make fetuses legally persons, and indeed to ban all abortions in all 50 states. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did you visit the link in my post?

Here's another:

Jim Jordan Has No Regrets for Calling 10-Year-Old Rape Victim’s Abortion a ‘Lie’

Now tell me, what does it make me?

Where is the place where he calls HER a liar? 

That is, after all, what you claimed: That he called HER a liar. You even underlined it, for emphasis.

As for your apparent inability to understand this important distinction.......... yeah, there are certainly board-inappropriate things I would call you for that. Lol

• Sad 4

14 hours ago, pegman said:

True, according to the Economist Group's Democracy Index the USA is ranked as a "flawed democracy". Same as Thailand for those counting. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index

Thailand for all the flaws still have majority rule. Can’t say the same for good old USA. Probably in the category of soft authoritarian. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Where is the place where he calls HER a liar? 

That is, after all, what you claimed: That he called HER a liar. You even underlined it, for emphasis.

As for your apparent inability to understand this important distinction.......... yeah, there are certainly board-inappropriate things I would call you for that. Lol

Read my post again, have you noticed they were not my words, I made a direct quote and here is the deleted tweet for reference:

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan deleted a tweet on Wednesday in which he called the story of a 10-year-old Ohio girl receiving an abortion after being raped "another lie" following the arrest of a man in connection with the case.

Jim Jordan Deletes Tweet Calling Story of Raped 10-Year-Old Getting  Abortion a 'Lie'

If you are insistent on pedantics take it up with the people who said it.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Thailand for all the flaws still have majority rule. Can’t say the same for good old USA. Probably in the category of soft authoritarian. 

It recently got much harder.

The current partisan political Supreme Court is off the rails 

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Read my post again, have you noticed they were not my words, I made a direct quote and here is the deleted tweet for reference:

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan deleted a tweet on Wednesday in which he called the story of a 10-year-old Ohio girl receiving an abortion after being raped "another lie" following the arrest of a man in connection with the case.

Jim Jordan Deletes Tweet Calling Story of Raped 10-Year-Old Getting  Abortion a 'Lie'

If you are insistent on pedantics take it up with the people who said it.

You post it.......... you repeat it.......... you own it.

And still........ the things you just posted to SUPPORT your post.......... all say THE STORY is a lie......... NOT that the 10-year old girl lied! 

Y'know, now's the time an honorable person would say, "Yeah, I screwed up. What  I said about Jim Jordan wasn't true. He didn't say that."

Doubling-down and dodging...... on the other hand......... is what a different sort of person would do!

But please, do carry on!

• Sad 2

On 7/13/2022 at 9:35 PM, Bkk Brian said:

This is not about Biden its about the rape of a 9/10 year old who then had to travel to the next state to get a termination because it was not possible in Ohio.

From what you're implying every crime attributed to an immigrant is now Biden's fault, lets have a little reality here................

But let's attack Biden and also claim the rape was all a big lie and then attack the doctor who legally performed the abortion in Indiana....it's the republican play book....deny and deflect.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

He tweeted to say the story was a lie. That was false so when got caught out pushing a lie he deleted the tweet. I'm not sure why you're trying to twist this to support Jordan who was out of line. He wouldn't have deleted his tweet if he wasn't guilty of lying. That he didn't apologize goes to his character.

I'm not "supporting Jordan." I couldn't give a fig about Jordan. But I do care about the truth. And claiming Jordan called the 10-year old girl "a liar"............ when it was THE STORY he called a lie........... simply isn't true.

Was the story a lie? No, it wasn't. 

Was Jordan wrong to call it a lie? Yes, he was.

But that's not what bkk brian accused Jordan of doing! He accused Jordan of calling THE GIRL "a liar!" And that appears to be completely false.

It was wrong for Jordan to wrongly cast aspersions about the story.......... and it's wrong for bkk brian to wrongly cast aspersions about Jim Jordan!

I DON'T care about Jim Jordan. I DO care about the truth........... even if it happens to be about Jim Jordan!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More than happy to own it and here it is again just for you:

image.png.de8943171eab29af71e802fc9b351394.png

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1547751741143142402

Two wrongs don't make a right. 

What you should have done is question what Swalwell said........... in exactly the same way I've questioned you: "Please show me where Jim Jordan said THAT."

*  You repeated something that wasn't true.

*  You've defended repeating it because it was said first by someone else.

*  When the incorrectness of it was pointed out, you've continued to defend it.

And now, apparently, your best argument is to suggest that Two-wrongs DO-make-a-right!

Pffft! Not buying what you're selling....... as no one with morals should!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. 

What you should have done is question what Swalwell said........... in exactly the same way I've questioned you: "Please show me where Jim Jordan said THAT."

I don't need anyone to tell me what I should do unless I ask for advice and I'm clearly not asking for your advice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

By the way.........

There is nothing here that attributes what you say as a quote. Yes, it turns out the underlined portion is a link. But there's nothing that identifies it as such. As far as I could tell, it was nothing more than an underlined sentence, for emphasis.

And since....... as you published it........ it is not identified as someone else's words......... I'd call that plagiarism. 

In my opinion, a hidden attribution........... really isn't one!

This is literature, of a sort, not a video game. We are not pre-conditioned to scroll over all the scenery looking for hidden "jumps" and "rewards!"

Making someone discover your attribution......... is the same as not making one, at all!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1