Ridiculous requirements for Tourist E- Visa now from UK - What happens if i go to Bali in two months?

Thai embassy asking for proof of residency from UK, but Ive only been back here for two weeks and have no utility bills or council tax etc that can prove my residency ? Any ideas

What happens If I go to bali for a tourist visa after 2 months in thailand (visa exempt + extension) , do these stupid requirements are still required?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

They don't really want proof of residency, rather proof of the legal right of residence, and if you look at the embassy requirement it is not supposed to apply to non-nationals.  However, it is normally suggested to upload your passport photo page (again) for this purpose.

For the embassy;

• Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

9 hours ago, hydraides said:

What happens If I go to bali for a tourist visa after 2 months in thailand (visa exempt + extension) , do these stupid requirements are still required?

1. Copy of Temporary Resident Permit (KITAS) or Permanent Resident Permit (KITAP), if any. (Compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)

this suggests that only residents of Indonesia can get a multiple entry visa, but it is not needed for a single entry visa.

10 hours ago, hydraides said:

Thai embassy asking for proof of residency from UK

As to that, no they are not.
You really should read the requirements before getting on your high horse, changing them, then complaining that you can’t meet the requirement that isn’t there.

The embassy could possibly have made it more clear that they only issue visas to people who have the legal right to live in the U.K. This requirement is not unusual. The embassy in Tokyo has the same restrictions. Some nearby countries will issue some visas to people who are visiting. 

12 hours ago, hydraides said:

Thai embassy asking for proof of residency from UK, but Ive only been back here for two weeks and have no utility bills or council tax etc that can prove my residency ? Any ideas

I just applied for a non-o online and they asked for this also. I found some letters addressed to me sent to my parents house and I took a picture of those. No idea if they'll actually approve me though.

Maybe they just want proof you are actually able to receive mail at the address provided? 

I tried for a SETV from UK last February.  I thought some replies to some of the questions with a "not applicable" pdf would suffice.  Wrong.  I got rejected and lost my GBP30 fee.  This is the rejection email

Dear Applicant, 

You visa appliation is cancel. please apply again provide -Flight detail - Hotel booking - Bank statement - Your proof of residency e.g. council tax bills, utility bills - Your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport

*Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Best wishes,
E-Visa Team

• Thanks 1