Thai police searching for monkeypox-infected Nigerian man

snoop1130

19 hours ago, Gaccha said:

The Health Minister's ability to be even worse than my low expectations of him are remarkable. 

I'll try to make this nice and simple for the Health Minister should he be reading this (my guess is he reads the Farang Pub forum to make his decisions). A disease that is almost impossible to spread except by actively trying to spread it, is not a disease that requires the person to lose their freedom. 

Of course, this point also applies to the equally stupid syphilis tests for work permits. There's no need to test for it, because it can't be transmitted at work or in public. The syphilitic ill person would need to be malicious in intent or beyond stupid.

Let's contrast with COVID-19. Spreads through the air. Is astonishigly transmissible; possibly the most transmissible virus ever known to man. Kills around 1% of those infected. Is frequently symptomless. And... can re- infect easily, collapse the healthcare system and cause chronic illness lasting 2 or more years. 

My only explanation is blunt racism. If you have the vivid imagination of a racist then you will believe a blackman will try to sleep with everything in sight. 

Highly likely he's one of them gigolo types.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

Thailands first case of monkeypox, a Nigerian man on overstay, believed to have fled to Cambodia by swimming across Sa Kaeo river

By Goongnang Suksawat

image.jpeg

Thailands first case of monkeypox, a Nigerian man on overstay, believed to have fled to Cambodia by swimming across Sa Kaeo river

Sa Kaeo, Thailand-According to multiple other Thai media and law enforcement sources, a foreign man identified as Thailand’s first case of monkeypox has fled to Cambodia through natural channels illegally.

The 27-year-old-man from Nigeria had been traced to Sa Kaeo, on the Cambodia border, from his mobile phone signal according to Anutin Charnvirakul, Public Health Minister, who revealed the information late last night, July 22, at the National Assembly in Bangkok.

The patient had fled Phuket following his positive confirmation of monkeypox from a Phuket Hospital.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/07/23/thailands-first-case-of-monkeypox-a-nigerian-man-on-overstay-believed-to-have-fled-to-cambodia-by-swimming-across-sa-kaeo-river/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-07-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Might be a case of out of the frying pan, into the fire if the Cambodian authorities catch him.

His face and  passport details plastered all over the news

10 hours ago, webfact said:

officials have been unable to contact him and the man has disappeared.

This is mainstream news here in Cambodia today (23 July 2022), including an identification photo:

The Ministry of Health of Cambodia is closely investigating the case of a Nigerian national, infected with Monekypox, who escaped from treatment in Thailand and may be headed to Cambodia.

Monkeypox-Alert-over-infected-Nigerian-who-may-have-fled-from-Thailand-to-Cambodia-360x245.jpg

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501118187/monkeypox-alert-over-infected-nigerian-who-may-have-fled-from-thailand-to-cambodia/

If any one in Thailand does see him, may I suggest you contact your local police or the Tourist Police (1155). Thank you.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Inala said:

Yes, of course they do. But it's a matter of proportion right?

there are 1000's of law abiding black people in thailand  so you might need to quote for us the sources of you perceived "proportion" , and by your logic then white men cause more trouble than Thais or Asian men , its a matter of proportion right?? , and why it matters unless you are calling for racial profiling.

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm saying that maybe he had it when he arrived here.  Are you saying that's not possible?

So he has had the Monkeypox since October and it was only caught now, are you for real with this view?  I can not find any indication that the virus can lay dormant in ones body.

"I can not find any indication that the virus can lay dormant in ones body".

You didn't find any indication that it can't, either, correct? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Where is that someone ?

is there a gay bar in Phuket? as he more than likely caught it through gay sex or with a woman who has had sexual relations with a man who is bi .

check the gay area ,if there is one .

• Thanks 1

Just now, ivor bigun said:

is there a gay bar in Phuket? as he more than likely caught it through gay sex or with a woman who has had sexual relations with a man who is bi .

check the gay area ,if there is one .

Unfortunately I suspect despite best practice they won't check anything.  Once the outbreak develops because they missed the boat TAT/Government will go all out to not just blame this Nigerian but all foreigners accusing them of not reporting when they had symptoms. Thais by nature do not accept  responsibility for anything including preventive measures that should be caried out now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DezLez said:

I am sure this is exactly what the 90 day reporting system was designed for and will allow for his immediate capture and prove it's worth!????

How is 90 day reporting relevant when he's been overstaying here for more than a year?

• Haha 1

Just like Happy Valley in Hong Kong during the 1800’s ... Pox ridden. Leave them alone, and the problem will go away. That was the colonialist view on the problem.

Remember, he caught it in Thailand. That is against all logical views of the dirty Farang.

Even more xenophobic, is that he is black from Nigeria !!

heaven forbid that a Thai catches it first.

6 hours ago, Excel said:

Rubbish, just anybody can not catch it unlike covid. You have to come into contact with somebody who has it to start with as has already been explained in this thread.

What I meant is that straight and bisexual can also catch it. It doesn't target the LBGT which is just pure prejudice.

I remembered that was exactly the stigmatization against LGBT when HIV became prevalent but when it also affected straight people, the so-called 'medical authorities' went quiet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

How is 90 day reporting relevant when he's been overstaying here for more than a year?

That was the whole point of my sarcastic post!!

The 90 day report system is pointless!

Edited by DezLez
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Ummmm he got monkeypox from someone who is also in Thailand. Next question?

He is the first case in Thailand YET, he has been in the country since last October, so one has to ask, how did he catch it?

STOP the GAY Bashing :::::
He revealed he had unprotected sex with a female of unconfirmed nationality and identity.” Dr. Kusak stated.
so for all u bar mongers>>> i'd avoid the sex in Patong for now  ????

https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/07/22/update-nigerian-man-confirmed-as-thailands-first-case-of-monkey-pox-being-traced-by-police-after-vanishing-act-was-on-overstay/

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Excel said:

Perhaps at the time neither he, nor the sex worker were showing any symptoms. No excuse for unprotected sex of course but just a simple "what if" explanation.

Wow you say something and then contradict yourself ! No, how can anyone find the first person who had it.  No , not all phuket is at risk.  No, we are not all at risk. No, unprotected sex is not the only reason for catching this virus. 
Any close contact at all , an innocent person touching an infected arm for example, can be contagious. 
No, it is not a gay virus, it can infect anyone, children , adults , family,  from close contact. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, geisha said:

Wow you say something and then contradict yourself ! No, how can anyone find the first person who had it.  No , not all phuket is at risk.  No, we are not all at risk. No, unprotected sex is not the only reason for catching this virus. 
Any close contact at all , an innocent person touching an infected arm for example, can be contagious. 
No, it is not a gay virus, it can infect anyone, children , adults , family,  from close contact. 

Clearly you can not comprehend what I wrote given your response. Suggest you leave the bar. and write something more coherent and in line with the post you replied to.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

who escaped from treatment in Thailand and may be headed to Cambodia.

Latest news from Cambodia (23 July 2022):-

"Governor of Preah Sihanouk Province, says he has received information that a Nigerian Monkeypox carrier – whose present whereabouts are unknown after he fled medical custody in Thailand – has fled to Preah Sihanouk Province and has ordered police to urgently investigate the case"

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501118208/governor-says-that-nigerian-monkeypox-carrier-has-arrived-in-sihanoukville/

4 minutes ago, Excel said:

Clearly you can not comprehend what I wrote given your response. Suggest you leave the bar. and write something more coherent and in line with the post you replied to.

I don’t do bars sorry. 

Apparently Cambodia has his photo on all news and his name, and that he was banned from Cambodia since July 21. Obviously a crook of some kind.  Border crossings haven’t reported any African man crossing.,

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 5:04 PM, FIshermanBkk said:

How then he got infected by monkeypox if he had been overstaying in thailand? 

From CNN today:-

"4 days ago — Anyone can get monkeypox, but in the latest outbreak, the virus is predominantly spreading among gay and bisexual men."

No more info - the mind boggles!