Prayut Held Responsible For 21bn Baht ‘Foolish Waste’ On Engineless Chinese Sub

webfact

On 7/23/2022 at 5:53 AM, wombat said:

Now now...the Gulf of Siam may be too shallow for a sub but it can park up engine less at the sub base China has built in Cambodia.

and as an apology the Chinese may give the Thai Navy a discount ont eh parking fees

13 hours ago, placeholder said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He wasn't appointed army chief until 2010, two years after the purchases of the detectors ended (2006-2008).

Yet he managed to defend the purchase of them and their effectiveness. 

He or his government did not buy them, as some poster claimed, that is what I was saying.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He or his government did not buy them, as some poster claimed, that is what I was saying.

That's true. But that doesn't excuse his defense of the purchase. In fact, by defending it, he took responsibility for it.

If you say so.

On 7/23/2022 at 2:38 PM, placnx said:

Burma

Thailand has poor relations with all its neighbours but not one of them is afraid of an engineless submarine. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Do you honestly believe there are not "fringe benefits" for a position of great power? Are they doing it out of pure nobility? 

Am sure there is, show me some documented numbers.

• Like 1

The miserable Muppet is entirely responsible for 8 years of illegitimate rule having made himself the Czar of Thailand and the shambolic covid response caps it off.

And let us not forget in addition to subs with no engines he wants to buy jet fighters with no cannons or missiles.

Clearly the ganja is being choked down at an alarming rate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

The miserable Muppet is entirely responsible for 8 years of illegitimate rule having made himself the Czar of Thailand and the shambolic covid response caps it off.

And let us not forget in addition to subs with no engines he wants to buy jet fighters with no cannons or missiles.

Clearly the ganja is being choked down at an alarming rate.

Compared to how other countries have handled this covid thing, how has Thailand's response been "shambolic"?

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You really think there is a public record of profits from corruption in Thailand, at the highest levels?

Are you being sincere about this? 

Thats why I base my comments on facts easy found in the public domain... Not dribble on about figures unknown, unlike yourself.

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Compared to how other countries have handled this covid thing, how has Thailand's response been "shambolic"?

Thailand has not handled anything.

ALL East Asian countries have been mildly affected compared to Europe.

Millions of Chinese from Wuhan were in Thailand when the covid infection was in full rage, and he refused to close the borders for another 3 months.

So there must be other reasons why East Asian countries, and China, have been lesser affected.

I can think of one.

Edited by peterfranks

On 7/23/2022 at 7:56 AM, Ralf001 said:

Yingluck got a 5 yr jail term for mishandling 8 billion.

How much is this muppet gunna get....................... ZERO.

I remember the howls of outrage on here by the junta lovers back in the day. Dammit this new guy and his NCPO was a breath of fresh air and was going to start cleaning house!

Now, tumbleweed...

(Told you so, by the way).

On 7/23/2022 at 1:47 PM, billd766 said:

What would the military leaders do if the conscripts refuse to shoot the protestors? Remember that they also have guns and if you shoot a few there are a lot more left, and they will not be happy troops.

You move the troops to other provinces so they won't be shooting their own families. You let be known that it would be a terrible thing if mothers were raped and tortured, should soldiers not carry out their duties. You put spies behind the lines. It's manageable...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, baboon said:

I remember the howls of outrage on here by the junta lovers back in the day. Dammit this new guy and his NCPO was a breath of fresh air and was going to start cleaning house!

Now, tumbleweed...

(Told you so, by the way).

Junta, whats that ?

2 hours ago, baboon said:

You move the troops to other provinces so they won't be shooting their own families. You let be known that it would be a terrible thing if mothers were raped and tortured, should soldiers not carry out their duties. You put spies behind the lines. It's manageable...

It is possible but remember the conscripts are the younger (and possibly smarter) generation. Also due to the internet, mobile phones etc that were not available back then it will be far more difficult for the military to hide what they are doing next time.

• Like 1