Why isn't every male in the UK living in thailand?

Grecian

15 hours ago, 2009 said:

You can take the blue pill and stay in the land where strip clubs actually have nudity, pole dancing, and skillful lap dances.

Or you can take the red pill and sit in a moldy-smelling gogo bar with women in bikinis awkwardly and unenthusiastically shuffling on stage holding on to a pole which apparently serves no purpose while staring at you in an attempt to make you so uncomfortable that you'll buy them a drink just to make it stop.

Meaning of life, Amen 

7 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

If I heard that, I would wonder why someone is trying so hard to convince me he doesn't love Pattaya more than life itself.   Nobody needs to explain in that detail to anyone who is possibly a stranger.

Hi guy, where are you going?   Oh, me??  I'm going to study the La Na Kingdom's involvement in rice taxation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    How long have you been in Thailand?  11 years.   Oh, get an answer?   Is your answer in that massage shop you are going into?    I'm meeting with my professor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What so special about Pattaya? There was 20 years ago many other paradises to travel to that did not involve p4p. 

On 7/30/2022 at 12:56 PM, n00dle said:

Oh yeah, and im sure the OP is a total fokkin prize.

Gentlemen of Thaivisa. I have seen you and the women you settle down with and call wife.

Cut the <deleted>, any of you would be lucky to be with any of those women in the picture. If not send them my way.

Please show me just one of the women in that pic that would tip the scales at less than 70 kg. A couple look like they are approaching 90.

Heaven forbid any of those heifers should give me a massage, 40 kg of my GF is enough.

You are most welcome to all of them.

xxx.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Please show me just one of the women in that pic that would tip the scales at less than 70 kg. A couple look like they are approaching 90.

Heaven forbid any of those heifers should give me a massage, 40 kg of my GF is enough.

xxx.jpg

40 kg is the average weight of a 12 year old Western girl 

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2022 at 4:27 AM, spidermike007 said:

I often wonder the same thing about American men. But, I am grateful most just done know, don't care, or are too set in their ways to make a big change. 

The quality of my life in Thailand is so vastly superior to the way I would be living in the US. I am in the US again for business. There is little joy here. And inflation is beyond your ability to fathom. Stupid is the best way to describe pricing on most anything.

And woe are my single friends here. One just told me after 8 dates, over $1000 spent on meals, concerts, etc. she just informed him she does not think they are compatible. Huh? 

I  guess a bj was out of the question then?

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, I agree, western women are unnaturally large and manly.

When I look back at all those movies made in the 40s/50s/60s, I see the white women were all as small as today's Asian women, all my girlfriends back in the 60s UK were also small size, generally 40-50Kg. Not from any selection bias on my part, that was the size of most of them.

Something has gone seriously wrong with the west in the past 50 years. 

I can pick up a woman that weighs 50Kg, just about, 45Kg is easier.

If I can't pick a woman up, I don't want her.

One advantage of war rationing I suppose.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

xxx.jpg

Forty or porky?

21 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Do you think you get bonus points or some sort of award just before you take your last breath for (claiming to have led) a life that is 'honorable' according to your definition?

There are people in this world who choose not to marry. Comedian Bill Maher is a prime example.

Seeing what the odds of long term success are in marriage, to some men the wisest choice, or the one that works for them, is to refrain from it. Similarly, some don't feel the need to leave copies of their gene pool behind. Plenty of folks on the planet already. Of course, I don't mind practice for the big game, if you know what I mean.

I have millions, but I choose not to live in the US. I own property in several countries, but have found that at this time I prefer Thailand, so I bought a business here. Yes, I have female friends here. I am not a saint, and don't care to be. I do not happen to fit the caricature of the fat, old, bald farang loser who cannot even get one of those rotund Brit women in the OP's photo, but instead needs a poorly educated 20 year old Isaan farmgirl-turned P4P to complete myself. While I would be a bit hypocritical to generalize, I do find that at this time in history and culture, many Western women are self-absorbed, high maintenance, overweight (cannot fat shame, even though it is a result of lack of discipline and self control), divas who cannot understand why 'all the good men are taken'. I prefer a man-woman relationship, bot a psychiatrist-patient relationship.

There are some pleasant and appealing women in the US, but in totality, I prefer variety....in climate, culture, and......yes, women. I did my time in the US. It was nice enough, but it's one country in a world of ~200 nations. Before I push daisies, I want to experience variety. I have become enamored of the Thai concept of sanuk....people going out of their way to seek fun. Seems a nice way to approach life. When I go back home nowadays, I see too many people who go out of their way to seek unhappiness and bitterness. That seems a bad way to approach life.

I suspect many of the men who chose Thailand and who have commented here feel similar things. None of what we do is going to matter a lick when it all ends, so I choose to 1) seek new challenges, 2) seek variety, 3) seek happiness, and 4) seek the pleasures of the flesh.........because I find each of them satisfying

Call me shallow, or tell me I'll burn in Hell, but I am as happy as anyone I know. My only wish is for more time, which sadly, none of us will get.

IMO you are way smarter than the person you are responding to.

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Do you think you get bonus points or some sort of award just before you take your last breath for (claiming to have led) a life that is 'honorable' according to your definition?

There are people in this world who choose not to marry. Comedian Bill Maher is a prime example.

Seeing what the odds of long term success are in marriage, to some men the wisest choice, or the one that works for them, is to refrain from it. Similarly, some don't feel the need to leave copies of their gene pool behind. Plenty of folks on the planet already. Of course, I don't mind practice for the big game, if you know what I mean.

I have millions, but I choose not to live in the US. I own property in several countries, but have found that at this time I prefer Thailand, so I bought a business here. Yes, I have female friends here. I am not a saint, and don't care to be. I do not happen to fit the caricature of the fat, old, bald farang loser who cannot even get one of those rotund Brit women in the OP's photo, but instead needs a poorly educated 20 year old Isaan farmgirl-turned P4P to complete myself. While I would be a bit hypocritical to generalize, I do find that at this time in history and culture, many Western women are self-absorbed, high maintenance, overweight (cannot fat shame, even though it is a result of lack of discipline and self control), divas who cannot understand why 'all the good men are taken'. I prefer a man-woman relationship, bot a psychiatrist-patient relationship.

There are some pleasant and appealing women in the US, but in totality, I prefer variety....in climate, culture, and......yes, women. I did my time in the US. It was nice enough, but it's one country in a world of ~200 nations. Before I push daisies, I want to experience variety. I have become enamored of the Thai concept of sanuk....people going out of their way to seek fun. Seems a nice way to approach life. When I go back home nowadays, I see too many people who go out of their way to seek unhappiness and bitterness. That seems a bad way to approach life.

I suspect many of the men who chose Thailand and who have commented here feel similar things. None of what we do is going to matter a lick when it all ends, so I choose to 1) seek new challenges, 2) seek variety, 3) seek happiness, and 4) seek the pleasures of the flesh.........because I find each of them satisfying

Call me shallow, or tell me I'll burn in Hell, but I am as happy as anyone I know. My only wish is for more time, which sadly, none of us will get.

I am sure you are aware there are ton of self proclaimed millionaires on TV.

Overweight western women but no mentioned of all the fit, model like women? Because you can't get anything but the overweight ones, that is why they stand out in your comment.

Pretty sure if you have millions, you wouldn't be trying to run a business in Thailand unless your name is Minor

10 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

So, after all that self opinionated jibber you have 26 rai, a house and some cars.

Woopy-Doo for you.

Enjoy your terribly materialistic world.

You must not understand Thailand very well.

Issan is not materialistic at all.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I used to visit the Friday 'drop-in' for pensioners in my previous UK town (part of my job).

These old folk were living lonely desperate lives, many had large expensive houses, but essentially lived in a single room without enough money to heat the rest of the home. Every winter some of them would die through lack of food or lack of heat. Couldn't afford transport, couldn't afford repairs to their house, a struggle to walk to the local shops to buy food then carry it home.

It was really sad to see so many ending their lives like that.

You sound like you have no idea of the lives of many ordinary western pensioners.

Why is it every single poster knows 2 people out of an entire population and tries to characterize that as the norm?

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Assuming by "rai" it's in Thailand, you don't own any land, your wife does, and as for a house or any other possessions, you only have them as long as she allows you to do so ( unless you have Thai citizenship ).

We are aliens in Thailand, and unless one of the few that has become a Thai citizen, we only have anything till we don't.

Do I really care whose name it is in?

I have a cushy house in the west and her name is on that as well, so what is the point.

You must be a spiteful person to point out the obvious

21 hours ago, swissie said:

This may have escaped you: In the West, we have a growing army of young folks that have to work 3 jobs for a pittance. (No University degree and no inheritance coming), Never erarning enough to save for old age or accumulate enough capital to start a business.

That's the future of a large part of young folks in the West. They will never spend any "golden years" when they get old. Not in their home country and not in Thailand.

As I said here many times before: WE are the "Golden Generation". The "commoners" before us didn't have it good, and the ones coming after us will not have it good.
------------------------------
Your handle "kingsofisaan" is probably a printing error. Describing your lavish and affluent livestyle in the Isaan, I am sure you meant to read your handle as "kingofisaan". (singular).

Thailand accomodates many Farang lifestyles. Many wealthy Brits never had to regret the loss of their colonies, they just moved to the Isaan. (Rinse and repeat). Does your Thai entourage adress you with "Sahib"', as would be appropriate? 

- Now you mad at me. Better you mad at me than me mad at you.????

What percentage of the entire population work 3 jobs?

Try presenting facts and not your hysteria

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Isaan is not materialistic at all? What in heavens name does that mean? Or people from Isaan is not materialistic? 

Indeed Thai people is materialistic and love to show off! Where in Isaan do you live, I would like to know where such a place exists 

21 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

No idea mate, very frugally I think, here i live like a king.

Unless you came from a ghetto one trip around London will prove everyone is not frugal

Unless you drive around with your eyes closed

and no, you are not living like a King

Do a little research on that last topic

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It would vary from person to person, in my opinion.  It could be: parents, school, capitalism, chance, geography.  Anyone born into impoverished conditions, with Sh*tty parents, living in a sh*tty area, going to a sh*tty school, and with few job prospects, or some combination thereof, is unlikely to achieve greatness.

I'm sure some people would say that it is the individual's fault, that they had many chances to save money, and, while this may be true for a few, I think that circumstances beyond their control is going to be the biggest factor.  I don't believe that there are many who were fully aware and in a position to do something about it, yet simply <deleted> the money away thinking "someone else will look after me when I'm old".  Probably some like that, but more that simply never had a chance.

If you made it to retirement and you were not aware of how much life cost?

I think your comment pissing it away their entire lives is showing a telltale sign 

21 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

The concept of marriage is well known and can be summed up in the following words

" find someone  you hate and buy them a house",

most people change as they get older and what worked years ago might not work so well in the present .  People would not mate for life if they were to follow their natural instincts.   Rather they would  be inclined to stay together long enough to give the off spring a chance to survive., which some anthropologists estimate  would be around 7 years which kind of explains the "seven year itch"   Marriage has  been forced/ inflicted on people for perceived religious and societal reasons and is not really the natural way of life   Your romantic fantasy about people wanting to share everything and spend the rest of their lives together is straight out of a mills and boon novel

Maybe your philosophy is why you got divorced while many others are married 25+ years

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Now, due to annual increases and due to changes in the UK State Pension Scheme in 2016, which meant I was longer entitled to the maximum for 2 reasons.

1 - The government changed the "service period" for maximum pension from 30 to 35 years contributions, lost about 12%

2 - I have company pension schemes resulting in roughly a 16% drop in State Pension, this was not there under the old scheme

A further reason is when I "retired" to Thailand in 2005 the exchange rate was 70 it now 44, if I use the 2005 rate the maximum pension pension would have been 55,000 Baht per month

As I "retired" early I also have had to wait an extra year before I can claim my pension, the UK government changed the age of payment from 65 to 66 for my age group, it is even later for younger people.

As you can see from 2 above I have other income streams, however the significant changes to the State Pension and the exchange rates could not really have been foreseen at the time.

You pays your money and takes your chance.

All your troubles were brought on by you.

If you wanted to retire early to the thirld world, that is all on you

If you didn't think the financial world would get more expensive the past 20 years and the baht fluctuates? That is all on you

55,000 is hardly an amount I would move to Thailand and think I was safe

9 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

I understand Thailand, Isaan (whichever spelling floats your boat), and a few other provinces as well as can be expected. Never had a need to bang on about assets. Sounds like you are a "my willy is bigger than yours type of person."

Are we supposed to be impressed?

Goodbye.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

You've missed the point 35,000 Baht per month, is the maximum anybody can get under the UK State Pension scheme, if it's difficult to live in Thailand on that how can they live in the UK.

No I didn't miss the point

Everyone knew that well known fact their entire working lives and if that is ALL a person planned on saving, that is their own fault

Most folks have a good 45 year working life to figure out how much retirement will cost (I guess from this post though, many did not figure it out)?

2 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

I understand Thailand, Isaan (whichever spelling floats your boat), and a few other provinces as well as can be expected. Never had a need to bang on about assets. Sounds like you are a "my willy is bigger than yours type of person."

Are we supposed to be impressed?

Goodbye.

As I have mentioned numerous times, my wife inherited most of that land

Why do you feel compelled to comment?

Are you that jealous?

Never worry about what another man has or does not have

Worry about yourself

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Isaan is not materialistic at all? What in heavens name does that mean? Or people from Isaan is not materialistic? 

Indeed Thai people is materialistic and love to show off! Where in Isaan do you live, I would like to know where such a place exists 

38KM from even the nearest 7/11

No stores, no restaurants, no nothing

Only farmland

Shows from your comment, once again, you have limited knowledge outside of the city

2 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

So what?

You jealous? Most of it was hers from inheritence

She also has her name on our western house

Again, so what?

You see, some people are just simply NOT stupid enough to marry someone they think they cannot get a long with the rest of their lives.

If you have a problem with your wife owning everything, that is all on you

We were married a long time before you ever knew where Thailand was on a map

Imagine that?

Jealous? My wife have land and we have also a spacious house, bungalow and we enjoy living on the land next to a National park. You wrote I have, not we have or her have! 

Your post indicates you are reckless with details, get arrested by other members and continue to teach everyone about their lack of understanding, be it economic, lifestyle, or opinions that doesn't fit with your view. Rude and acting like a troll with only one mission to stirr up as much bull pie as possible.

I'm sure you are fun to be around ????

• Like 2