U.S. President Biden's public approval rating falls to 38% new low in Gallup poll

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Plus the left's whole Biden has a speech impediment(not on the many 000's of youtube vids of him speaking during the last few decades he didn't) and thus he needs notes telling him where to sit and which journalists to call on for Qs in what order is a total nonsense, and they know it.

The dishonesty from his fans is a real turn off. No wonder his polling popularity is in freefall. 

You're a bit vague here. Are you suggesting that Biden hasn't had a lifelong speech impediment? The rest of your post is just chaff, unsupported by any links I might add.

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

If he has difficulty  putting a jacket on , riding bikes and climbing stairs and he seems to struggle to put sentences together , you would need to question whether he was fit enough to run a half marathon, let alone fit enough to run the USA as President 

But he can drink out of a glass using only one hand. I didn't realize Trump could run a half marathon. Who told you that? Ronny Jackson?

• Like 1

*Deleted post edited out*

Because Trump delusionists have no part to play in Biden's popularity ratings?

I agree that Biden is not the best president the dems could have picked and many Dems would also have expressed disappointment in a poll, particularly progressives,  but that doesn't directly translate into people voting for Trump in 2024.

• Confused 3

Bidens unpopularity is the topic of this thread .

Everyone is allowed to make a contribution to this thread (Wait, its unclear the meaning of your first sentence ; Are you making a statement or asking a question ??

I never suggested anyone should not make a contribution to the thread, unless it's an unsupported claim.

The 2024 elections are nothing to do with this thread 

I disagree, Biden's popularity has everything to do with the next election. Nobody would care if it was his last term.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And yet has a far better record of legislative accomplishment than his predecessor. And, also, unlike his predecessor, somehow has so for managed not to kill 400000 people unnecessarily.

Please post links or are making false claims.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

And yet has a far better record of legislative accomplishment than his predecessor. And, also, unlike his predecessor, somehow has so for managed not to kill 400000 people unnecessarily.

Lets ignore Bidens failings and make false accusations about Trump ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Lets ignore Bidens failings and make false accusations about Trump ?

Whatever the numbers, statistics showed the US doing worse per capita than any other developed nation. We know that Trump actually said it was hoax. Finally he was forced to go along with the CDC. Biden, on the other hand, embraced the science. How did suggesting people inject bleach on national TV do anything other than kill people? Only Trump was stupid enough to believe himself?

1 minute ago, DeaconJohn said:

All out of the giant pork-barrel... none of it is going to do a damn bit of good except line the pockets of the dishonest rascals who govern us.

Well, perhaps they should just take the more direct route and have another income tax reduction favoring the rich?

5 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

All out of the giant pork-barrel... none of it is going to do a damn bit of good except line the pockets of the dishonest rascals who govern us.

Thank you for your sophisticated analysis of the bill. Clearly, you have put a lot of time and effort into mastering its particulars.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

...and people wonder why inflation is spiking...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I think Americans are also leery of possibly re-electing a man who shakes hands with ghosts and lets the Easter Bunny dictate who he talks to.  Not to mention that he is the least accessable president in recent memory. Compared to his predecessors, he is virtually invisible.

This from Slate, hardly a right wing mouthpiece:

The 46th president  (Biden) carried out only 22 media interviews through the end of last year, which is fewer than his six most recent predecessors. And during the time, he has held a mere nine formal news conferences, three of which were held alongside visiting foreign leaders. In contrast, Donald Trump held 22 news conferences and 92 interviews in his first year.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/01/biden-fewer-news-conferences-interviews-first-year.html

Just now, DeaconJohn said:

Spot on.

Biden could be replaced by a state-of-the-art robot and nobody would know the difference.

I like to think that when some politician I didn't approve of had lots of good news, I wouldn't try distracting from the issues by citing all sort of allegations, or making insulting comments. But it's definitely been a hard few weeks for those on the right. What does the number 528000 do for you?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I like to think that when some politician I didn't approve of had lots of good news, I wouldn't try distracting from the issues by citing all sort of allegations, or making insulting comments. But it's definitely been a hard few weeks for those on the right. What does the number 528000 do for you?

So, you want Biden to get credit for the good jobs number (debatably good since it is just people coming back to work after Covid, rather than actual new jobs created). But on the other hand I imagine you want to explain away ruinously high gas prices and inflation as "out of his control" and "caused by global forces".

AmIRite?

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

So, you want Biden to get credit for the good jobs number (debatably good since it is just people coming back to work after Covid, rather than actual new jobs created). But on the other hand I imagine you want to explain away ruinously high gas prices and inflation as "out of his control" and "caused by global forces".

AmIRite?

Well let's take a look at just what Biden faced when he took office.  He took office at a time when the US was in the middle of a pandemic and one where the US had one of the worst responses and outcomes of any country in the world: However, the data does show that the United States is below average in the world and among the worst in the developed and high-income nations.

He assumed power when supply-chain issues were a massive problem, not only her but worldwide.  Couple that with industries worldwide unable to fulfill orders and shortages of many basic materials, the makings for inflation were well under way.  Inflation and recession are a worldwide problem, so no probably not right to blame Biden

Oil prices are largely a function of the Russian war -- so put the blame where it belongs, on Russia.   

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/view/a-call-action-triple-threat-polio-monkeypox-sars-cov-2.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

AmIRite?

As I have repeatedly pointed out elsewhere, it's always dubious to say Presidents deserve responsibility for the current state of the economy. Whether that President is a Democrat or a Republican. The exception being in times of crisis and how they respond. 

Right now the world economy is in crisis. Is the President of the United States responsible? Inflation is a world wide phenomenon. Are there any major economies that have escaped it? The US economy seems to be doing better than most of the developed world. It is creating jobs. GDP was down by 0.9% in the last quarter. But GNI was up 3.6%, How much of this is due to Biden? It's hard to say when the world economy is in a very disturbed and unusual state. 

But for the future, the bills that have passed will be hugely influential for the shape of the economy.

42 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

AmIRite?

But it's not a question of me wanting Biden to get credit. If the economy is doing well, the President generally gets the credit. (Although his predecessor somehow managed to fail at that). So good economic news should benefit him at least somewhat. Just as inflation will hurt him. Whether or not he's responsible for either. It really depends on how the economy does in the next few months and how much the voters approve of the recent bills enacted with his support. And of course there are other issues like abortion which will hurt Republicans at least a bit. Maybe a lot.

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As I have repeatedly pointed out elsewhere, it's always dubious to say Presidents deserve responsibility for the current state of the economy.

Well no, if that President is Trump or Conservative , Boris Jonhson, then everything is all their fault , the economy and everything else 

If that President is Biden , Starmer or Democrat.  then its just a fault with the World economy and nothing at all to do with them 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well no, if that President is Trump or Conservative , Boris Jonhson, then everything is all their fault , the economy and everything else 

If that President is Biden , Starmer or Democrat.  then its just a fault with the World economy and nothing at all to do with them 

Thanks for the incoherent comment. As far as I know, Starmer has never been Prime Minister  so I don't see how he was ever praised (or blamed) for the state of the economy.  And you're seriously contending that Biden hasn't gotten a lot of criticism. what about Obama. He inherited an economy in freefall but somehow that disaster was his fault? Please, spare us any more of your overheated and unhistorical generalizations and the unhinged sense of grievance.

• Like 1