Delivery guy claims he's not guilty of negligence after filmed collision with soldier on another bike

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that the aunty of a delivery rider went with him to the Pahonyothin, Bangkok, police after dash cam footage emerged that they said showed his innocence.

Police have fined both the delivery guy and a soldier on another bike 500 baht each for negligence.

The media said that there was a collision between the two motorcycles causing the delivery rider to come off.

The soldier then threw the delivery guy's bike a shot distance in a rage. 

The relative of the delivery guy wants police to consider the footage and take statements from the drivers of a BMW and a Honda Accord. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I like your restrained use of words.   "a bit aggressive"?   The "soldier" on the larger motorbike was speeding and acted like a complete rectum (which he seems to have done to both motorcycles) while not wearing a helmet.

Because it is not my native language, and was searching to the good words....

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

unbelievable the way the Police viewed

this, even if they did view the footage.

Reading what happened from the OP and the link, I'd guess that they were both fined on a "his word against yours" basis (as another vehicle was damaged) before the following vehicle was able to provide the dashcam footage.   

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

The soldier is a bit aggressive and completely wrong, why the police give also a fine to the delivery guy, unbelievable.

Because the motorbike riders

should be in the left lane not in the middle lane.

21 minutes ago, Dokman said:

Because the motorbike riders

should be in the left lane not in the middle lane.

There is no law that says this. 

Its is a common myth perpetuated by dodgy BiB some 15-20 years ago who chanced their luck pulling over motorcyclists who were riding down Sukhumvit in BKK in the muddle and right hand lane.

Law says on a multilane road all traffic must stay left unless passing another vehicle. 

This law is clearly superseded by queueing city traffic where motorcyclist can ‘split lanes’ to pass queued traffic. 

---------

The 500 baht fine is almost treated like an Admin charge by the BiB.  

Whenever a person is involved in an accident, fault or not at fault they automatically get charged this 500 baht. Really, when not at fault they should not be charged this fine, but the BiB try it on with everyone - entitlement has settled in as the BiB don’t actually know the law themselves, they’ve learned from their peers and supervisors who levied the same fine. 

Its become the norm and after an accident people just want the issue to be over with as quickly as possible and get on with things.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Because it is not my native language, and was searching to the good words....

I don't know, that's a very British response ???? 

We treat understatement as an art form ????  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

The soldier is a bit aggressive and completely wrong, why the police give also a fine to the delivery guy, unbelievable.

He should have seen the army guy coming fast and got out of the way, remember the army is the current government and can do no wrong.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Who pays for the damage to the BMW ???....   IF the BMW driver makes a claim on his own insurance he will lose a no-claims bonus, why should he/she be penalised ?

I would be pretty pi55ed off if I was the BMW driver.

I buy the premium insurance in case I am the one who causes an accident  , not to pay again to fix my vehicle if somebody runs into it.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 11:18 AM, greenmonkey said:

ridiculous decision. 100% the fault of the soldier, should be made to pay fine and all the costs to the delivery driver. Not often I say it but this delivery guy seemed to be driving very sensibly... not sure what the police are thinking...

They Weren't thinking, they most likely believed the Soldiers story and not the other rider and  what really happen.

Throwing the drivers bike in a rage? Another local hot head with the mentality of a child. 
Reminds me of an incident about three years ago.  I was riding in a car driven by a Thai person I knew.  As the person was making a left turn, a guy on a motorbike raced up attempted  to pass on the left.  He couldn’t make it and the bike fell from under him.  He was still standing.  He came over to the car and wanted to fight us. A couple of security guards confronted him and he got on his bike and took off.

"The soldier then threw the delivery guy's bike a shot distance in a rage."

Couldn't you at least bother to watch the video before writing an article about it? He doesn't "throw it in a fit of rage", he grabs the handlebar and accelerates the bike by accident. Do you seriously think he could have thrown a bike of that weight with a single hand?

• Like 1

My heart goes out to the Grab driver, trying to earn a living, then a knob head bloke from the RTA comes along, dangerous driving, no helmet, driving without due care and attention, causing damage to property. A week in the slammer at least, oh but he's in the Army init.

• Like 1