Aeroflot to Resume Moscow-Phuket Flights in October

snoop1130

6 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

What changed? Nothing at all. Greed as every day. Business as usual.????

Greed by whom? Thailand's stance hasn't changed, it is only Aeroflot making these decisions.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

The newspaper we can't quote had a quote that this daily flight to Phuket would be the precursor to other flights from Russia and we could expect a million Russians in Thailand by the end of the year.

I don't think they're very good at maths!

Lots of Russians trying to get out of the country. Maybe they want asylum in Thailand?

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

If Thailand would support the sanctions Aeroflot would not even think about it

True, but Thailand "s stance hasn't changed. So blaming greed for the resumption is simply not correct.

On 8/4/2022 at 1:54 PM, falang07 said:

Nothing has changed, the US flights have not been banned when the USA attacked other countries either. And they were attacking countries far from their home land, somewhere whey they should not be at all. Russia, on the other hand, is protecting their immediate neighbourhood and regions that they had in their possession historically, too. I do not remember USA having any interests in Libya or other countries apart from the oil and greed. AND let's not forget that even the land they call home now was stolen from the "Indians".

An aweful truth. Another countries wrongdoing, doesnt make another right.  

Google translate from a russian friend of mine. 

Found my note from 2014, was surprised that I wrote it not yesterday. So, about the love:

Inspired by the conversations and comments of friends. You can love, unconditionally and limitlessly, in spite of everything, only a living being: a woman, for example, or a kitten. An artificial system - let's say the state, or a computer program, can only be logically assessed for the purpose of the system's performance. It makes sense to discuss the quality of performance, or the tasks themselves presented to the system. However, showing emotions to a soulless iron, a set of laws or lines of code is already a mental disorder. When I hear something like "you don't love your country", I want to twirl my finger at whiskey: I still understand how to love men or sheep, but in which place to love the soulless concept of "country" or "state" no psycho can tell you. perfume. So yeah - I don't like Russia, the USA, or Windows 8. I like people, all sorts of birches and the Grand Canyon. Well, as a consequence, the practical side of the issue on the example of my two fatherlands:

If you apply an unhealthy emotional approach to states, then in relation to other countries, both the United States and Russia behave like the spawns of hell. If you look at it rationally, the inanimate system has no morality in principle. Countries are just protecting their interests - any cute kid playing strategy toy fighting for global resources behaves the same way. Sometimes reasonable, sometimes the decisions made are wrong, but always cynical and cruel towards the living beings that fall under distribution. Everything is the same here, and how Russia behaves with Ukraine or Georgia is fundamentally different from what the United States do with Iraq or Syria. Except for a cynical detail: the United States chose as an external enemy the most distant Muslims, and Russia - the closest and dearest Orthodox brothers.

Shocking differences emerge when you observe how the state machine behaves with its own citizen details. From my bell tower: being an alien element, I managed to taste a little of the swine attitude of the American bureaucracy. However, I had to admit that to be offended by the lines of the code is stupid - it is reasonable to do as the program says: in my case to sue the state, win the case and go whistling your way. From the moment of obtaining citizenship, the attitude of the US State towards my humble self can be judged as excellent: the service is not intrusive and first class. Program interface and goals like Apple's. The system is designed to serve, maintain and, when necessary, protect its citizen. Everything works like a clock.

I can’t help but compare this approach with the operation “state of the Russian Federation”. My communication with this system is minimized to the max, nevertheless from time to time I have to deal with a hellish interface and extremely unpleasant goals and tasks of the system towards me - a citizen of the country. To put it simply: Russia is Windows infected with dozens of viruses and trojans, which I don't need the hell myself, but it requires logins-passwords from my bank, mail and Skype. You may have a different personal experience of communicating with the state, but it is simply impossible to ignore common trends. The internal tasks of the Russian Federation system are not to support and protect the citizen, they are defined as keeping the power of the system at any cost and, as a result, to suppress and take the strict control of the citizens.

Simple summary: the US state is a hell spawn for strangers and a sweetheart for its own citizens. The State of Russia is the extinction of hell for strangers and especially for our own.

This is an observation of a person who does not love his states and, having complete freedom of choice, does not even live in them.

spare parts and certs of airworthyness? ,insurance is unlikely as lloyds has stopped aircraft  insurance /

brake shoes are scarce too

software  updates have totaly st alled on planes from boeing and airbus

russian planes need western parts to keep flying

as pilots have been told to go easy on the brakes when landing as thay have no shoes in stock

quote ::

All these parts are quite highly controlled,” says Bilotkach. “The manufacturers know which particular spare part is going to be installed on which aircraft. You need proper records of that.” But required paperwork is unlikely to be maintained. “As soon as an aircraft doesn’t have a proper maintenance record, the value of those aircraft drops to zero,” says Vasigh.

None of the experts WIRED spoke to said they’d rush to step onto a plane operating in Russia at the moment. Bilotkach—a Ukrainian national—equated it to taking international-facing Russian airlines that had significantly improved their safety records in the post-Soviet Union back 30 or more years. “Just look it up on Wikipedia,” he says. “They have a separate page for air crashes in the Soviet Union.”

https://www.wired.com/story/in-russia-western-planes-are-falling-apart/

Edited by 3NUMBAS

8 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

How long they can keep their airplanes in a good enough condition to be able to fly safely is a different matter altogether, what with the sanctions and Aeroflot not getting spare parts for their planes anymore. 

There's always a way. I was a sanctions buster in Libya but we managed to get airplane  spares and insurance for our aircraft.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:38 PM, stoner said:

i take great offence to this.

we slaughtered most of the natives and took over the land. as is normal in human history. stronger and more advanced cultures move in and rule. 

has been happening as long as man has been gathering in groups. 

I think you mean, in your case, bigger numbers who have moved on from the bow and arrow took over from the very happy natives with bows and arrows.........????

• Confused 1

On 8/6/2022 at 11:04 AM, Letseng said:

Aeroflot has/is using aircraft which was leased & not returned to origin when lease was up. They feared planes would be confiscated if flown to "hostile countries". Aeroflot suspended all internat. flights apart to "friendly places" like Serbia etc. 

This would raise an interesting issue if Russia flew a plane that was in default on its lease from a Western lessor and the lessor sought to arrest the plane in Thailand. I think Sri Lanka went through this and released the plane in question as Sri Lanka depends upon Russian energy exports. I wonder what Thailand would do in a similar situation since the rehabilitation of THAI may depend upon the goodwill of Western lessors.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, transam said:

I think you mean, in your case, bigger numbers who have moved on from the bow and arrow took over from the very happy natives with bows and arrows.........????

na man. in canada we just gave them warm blankets to help keep them warm through the harsh winters. 

• Haha 1

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/exclusive-russia-starts-stripping-jetliners-parts-sanctions-bite-2022-08-08/

MOSCOW, Aug 8 (Reuters) - Russian airlines, including state-controlled Aeroflot (AFLT.MM), are stripping jetliners to secure spare parts they can no longer buy abroad because of Western sanctions, four industry sources told Reuters.

The steps are in line with advice Russia's government provided in June for airlines to use some aircraft for parts to ensure the remainder of foreign-built planes can continue flying at least through 2025.

Sanctions imposed on Russia after it sent its troops into Ukraine in late February have prevented its airlines from obtaining spare parts or undergoing maintenance in the West.

Aviation experts have said that Russian airlines would be likely to start taking parts from their planes to keep them airworthy, but these are the first detailed examples.

Equipment was being taken from a couple of Aeroflot's Boeing 737s and Airbus A320s, as the carrier needs more spare parts from those models for its other Boeing 737s and Airbus A320s, the source said.

The Russian Ministry of Transport and Aeroflot did not reply to requests for comment.

• Like 1