Household electricity users to get discounts from September to December

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

500 units??? My koi carp pond, waterfall and garden lighting probably uses that much in a month!

Looks like discounts up to 500 units, over that, you will have the Hi-So tariff, its called TOFF......????.......????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

Thanks to my solar installation, I average 400 units per month. Otherwise I would be averaging over 600 (and that’s without a koi pond or solid gold gates)

I must be lucky, mine is always somewhere in the 300's wiv no solar panel financial outlay......:stoner:

3 hours ago, transam said:

I must be lucky, mine is always somewhere in the 300's wiv no solar panel financial outlay......:stoner:

Yes, I envy people like you that can withstand the high temperatures in Thailand.  Unfortunately, I don’t enjoy the heat so I’m forced to have 2 aircons running during the day and 1 at night. This drives up my electricity usage which is luckily offset by my solar panels. 
Another advantage is that I will be able to charge my PHEV FOC.

12 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Yes, I envy people like you that can withstand the high temperatures in Thailand.  Unfortunately, I don’t enjoy the heat so I’m forced to have 2 aircons running during the day and 1 at night. This drives up my electricity usage which is luckily offset by my solar panels. 
Another advantage is that I will be able to charge my PHEV FOC.

No real heat in our living area, just 4 ceiling fans if needed, the heat stay's upstairs, the floor downstairs stays cold, because of the water table, my place sits on the edge of a lake...........????

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 10:18 PM, grego49 said:

What discount do you get if you use more that 500 units per month ??

Yes my thoughts indeed and do we all get the discount up to 300 units and oviously over that we would pay the increased tariff.
Onr thing in the article it is not showing the correct fuel surcharge currently in use.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 6:54 AM, Excel said:

Well electricity cost are hitting the poorer people around the world everywhere currently. Many countries are just giving a one off payment or fuel cost reduction across the board which benefits not only the poorest but the more well off also. At least what is being proposed in Thailand appears to target the less fortunate and maybe not giving money away to those that can afford it will potentially allow more to be given to the poorest in Thai society longer.

Yes, can understand all aspects but many of us with Thai families have all not got a pot of gole like so many think we have and yes for most it is a real struggle also with the cost of everything sky high and on a fixed pension but so many Thais on sa fixed income too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...