Showing Covid Vaccination Status

I am coming to Thailand for 30 days. I am fully vaccinated. Do I show my pass on my phone or do I have to print it out?

Is it checked by Airline and Thai officials?

Apart from that and wearing masks on the plane is it back to normal pre-Covid times now?

I get a 30 day visa on arrival. Arriving Sept 3rd leaving 2nd October - does that cover me? It should do by my reckoning but I could get an extension if not.

30 Days from the UK assuming you are there from your name is called visa exempt visa on arrival is something different and only for 15 days and not from the UK.I have heard of airlines asking for a vaccination cert. I would print one out in case you can't get it on your phone.

4 hours ago, WalsallRobbo said:

Do I show my pass on my phone or do I have to print it out?

both ok, print out is generally faster, better with QR code

Is it checked by Airline and Thai officials?

It is checked on arrival in Thailand. Regarding Airline, policy at check-in may vary. I flew in from Europe, it was checked, I flew in from Singapore, they didn't want to see it.

Apart from that and wearing masks on the plane is it back to normal pre-Covid times now?

In principle yes. In practice, many still wear masks. In some environments it is still mandated (some public transportation, hospitals, airports...)

7 hours ago, arithai12 said:

It is checked on arrival in Thailand. Regarding Airline, policy at check-in may vary.

On my two recent regional trips, the airlines asked to see it at check-in both times, and it was only requested on arrival once. A result on a phone screen was fine for all of those. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WalsallRobbo said:

Do I show my pass on my phone or do I have to print it out?

Print it if only to not hold up the queue at check-in. Annoys me waiting while people fiddle forever with their phones, often needing help from check-in staff, when it's so much quicker to just hand over the paperwork.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stewartthailand said:

Checked a UK departure airport not checked at Suvarnabhumi.

Another member in a different thread just lately reported on his two recent international flights into Thailand...

In his post, like you, he said he was asked for his vax certificate upon checking in with his airlines at departure. But was NOT asked upon arrival by anyone on the Thai end of things at Swampy.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

When im coming back to thailand in May, after you leave your plane and a long walk, there are some health check people, they are looking for copy they really didnt care about my mobile app. i showed the copy and they gave me a green sticker (2 up vaccines) so it means you are ok. that times we had other situations. But i dont think printing it will do any harm. play safe. 

my vaccination status checked both by the airlines before boarding and the immigration after landed. Both health check point and then immigration too. 

if you have thai vaccine app it works too. I showed copy to health check point (they didnt take it only look) and my app to immigration

OP - About that extension; you DO know that we're 1 calendar day ahead here, right? So, when you say you're leaving on the 2nd are you leaving on the 2nd here or the 2nd there because while it's the 2nd here it COULD be the 1st there and if you waited until the 2nd there it COULD be the 3rd here and depending on when you fly you could leave on the 3rd there but arrive on the 4th here which would then stamp you in until the 3rd here which COULD still be the 2nd there. ????

Have a nice day. :wai:

Last month at Sydney Airport TG Check-in I was asked to show my Covid Travel Cert. with the large QR Code...   she just looked at it, nodded her head, and proceeded to tag my bags.

At Swampy Airport the only contact with any officialdom was Immigration...

all they looked at was my Passport and boarding Pass (no more Arrival/Departure card),,,,  the quickest I've ever been through Swampy ever!

On 8/23/2022 at 11:09 PM, problemfarang said:

When im coming back to thailand in May, after you leave your plane and a long walk, there are some health check people, they are looking for copy

I think your "May" experience cited above was back before they had the various COVID-related rule changes for incoming intl travelers that took effect at the beginning of July.

• Like 1