Pathum Thani double murder: Rich salon owner bailed after disagreement over "too short cut"

webfact

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Then at 3.30 pm came the news that Prasat had been granted bail by the Pathum Thani court in the sum of 500,000 baht. 

Her faith in Thai justice system was a bit like the haircut then... cut short.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he had invested one million baht in the business.

So after being threatened with being sued over a dodgy 250 baht haircut he thought stabbing them both to death was a good business move?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So where is a picture of that fatal haircut? Shouldn't we know what it's all about?

I have to imagine the pix are on the phone given to their son. Will they be sold to the highest bidder ? 

16 hours ago, damo1967 said:

The million baht that the wife had in cash for his bail should have been confiscated and given to the young girl who witnessed her parents being murdered ???? 

500,000 bail and no doubt 500,000 in a brown envelope so that bail would be agreed. ???? ???? ???? ???? 

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Another poster who knows nothing about Thai prisons.

I think Chalawan was joking.

I think that he pretending to know about what happens in Thai prisons.   Surprising that he didn't produce the "he better not pick up the soap in the shower" quip that's been hilariously original for centuries.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

It is really incredible how rich people here can literally buy their freedom. The guy killed two people, there are witnesses, he confessed, and still he gets bail. Unbelievable. Next thing we hear he will be in Dubai.
Old lady gets 15 years in prison for picking mushrooms in a national park (or something like that, correct me if I’m wrong)

"It is really incredible how rich people here can literally buy their freedom".

It is really not incredible how rich (and not so rich) people here can literally get bail.  they don't "buy their freedom", they get bailed temporarily before their court appearance and possible life sentence because at that stage, regardless of what they admit to or what is reported, they are innocent until proven guilty.

"Old lady gets 15 years in prison for picking mushrooms in a national park (or something like that, correct me if I’m wrong)".

You're wrong.  The "old lady" was a woman who was a member of an illegal logging gang, not just a "mushroom picker", and she was released ages ago after serving nowhere near 15 years.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Theory said:
On 8/23/2022 at 8:40 AM, webfact said:

Then at 3.30 pm came the news that Prasat had been granted bail by the Pathum Thani court in the sum of 500,000 baht. 

And the other 1/2 mil ?? Where did it go ?

She probably took it home but it's irrelevant, bail was B500k.

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm not condoning what he did but, regardless of what happened, or how much you don't understand the concept, he's still innocent until proven guilty so bail is his right if he meets the requirements.

What about the rights of the 2 people he murdered? What about the rights of the child who saw her parents brutally murdered in front of her, or don't they matter to you?

IMHO, he forfeited ALL his rights when he turned on the couple and stabbed them. There is NO justification for that at all.

21 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Yeterday, the headlines in ASEAN NOW reported over woman who would be sentenced to 50,000 years in jail because she accepted to receive a packadge with drugs.

Today, the headlines in ASEAN NOW are reporting that an a.. hol. who lynched 2 people in front of their children is released on 500,000 baht bail.

This is Thailand .............

So much garbage.  That woman wasn't prosecuted for "accepting to receive a package", she was done for possession of Class 1 narcotics and drug trafficking.

20 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

Maybe the police are being a bit cute,  they take the brown envelope, bung the judge or magistrate with a heads up that for the sake of appearances they are going to oppose bail but 'wink, wink' he still gets it!

The police don't get the bail money that was set by the court.

23 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

He is certain to get a custodial sentence -should be life but likely far less, so whats with the nonsense of giving him bail now, when there is absolutely no doubt of his guilt.

If I were the 8 year old daughter, who sadly witnessed her parents being knifed to death -something she will never never forget - I would be waiting for the murderer to be set free, then either kill him myself or pay someone to do it.  Justice needs to be served!

Might I offer her a role model for such.

4182321-hit-girl-in-kick-ass-HD.jpg

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It is really incredible how rich people here can literally buy their freedom".

It is really not incredible how rich (and not so rich) people here can literally get bail.  they don't "buy their freedom", they get bailed temporarily before their court appearance and possible life sentence because at that stage, regardless of what they admit to or what is reported, they are innocent until proven guilty.

How many have gotten bail and then done a runner to escape justice? That’s what I meant by buying their freedom. And as for ‘innocent until proven guilty’: like I said, the guy killed two people over nothing, there were witnesses, he confessed, he’s guilty as sin. People like that should NEVER be granted bail. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Wife arrives with 1 mill. The bail set at 500k. And the other 500k used to secure the bail. 

That's the way it works folks. 

Despicable.

3 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

what system...they make it up as they go along 

Also the way it works. All too scared to question the phu yai. Bunch of clowns. ????

On 8/23/2022 at 11:08 AM, CelticBhoy said:

He killed the mum and dad in front of their little kid and then gets bail.

What a world country we live in!

And they are worried about getting criminals coming into the country as tourists? This cant be for real

19 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

How many have gotten bail and then done a runner to escape justice? That’s what I meant by buying their freedom. And as for ‘innocent until proven guilty’: like I said, the guy killed two people over nothing, there were witnesses, he confessed, he’s guilty as sin. People like that should NEVER be granted bail. 

"How many have gotten bail and then done a runner to escape justice?"

No idea, specifically, but not many, I'd guess.  You got a percentage?  Bail absconding happens everywhere yet the bail facility still exists, worldwide; just because a tiny minority abuse it doesn't mean it shouldn't be available.

"as for ‘innocent until proven guilty’: like I said, the guy killed two people over nothing, there were witnesses, he confessed, he’s guilty as sin".

Confessions can be, and frequently are, withdrawn and no one gets convicted on the basis of nothing more than a confession. I'm not condoning his actions but, regardless, of what happened, he has rights and whatever your subjective opinion is, he is innocent until proven guilty.  Perhaps you think that the basic tenets of law should be abandoned and that the laws should be rewritten to allow for kangaroo courts in the media and anonymous forums?

On 8/24/2022 at 1:01 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  What did his wife have to do with the murder?

Really?  You are asking 'why'? ????????????

Take your blinkers off and re-read the article.  (hint:- could the money she was bringing belong to the 'accused' murderer.