Non-Imm o visa application

Hi. Im looking to apply for non-Imm o visa for 3 month stay next January. However, going onto the Thai Embassy London webpage they are still requiring covid insurance of US$ 100,000. I thought this had been scrapped. Can anyone clarify?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I just applied and received a non-o based on married from US embassy via the online system and they required no insurance.

He was applying for one based upon retirement.  It requires 90 days of medical insurance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, retayl said:

going onto the Thai Embassy London webpage they are still requiring covid insurance of US$ 100,000. I thought this had been scrapped. Can anyone clarify?

If you go to the E-visa webpage there is a popup that states the insurance requirements still in place from the 1st July.

Attention : From 1 July 2022, proof of quarantine hotel/hospital booking is no longer required. Health insurance(s) are required only for Special Tourist Visa (STV), and Long-Stay Visas (Non-Immigration OA and OX) applications.

• Like 2

Non o based on retirement. Thanks for the responses. If I apply for the tourist visa can I extend at any Immigration Office, and is the extension automatic? i.e. are there any grounds on which it can be refused? I’m rightly sceptical of Thai bureaucracy. I’ll be based in Hua Hin.

12 minutes ago, retayl said:

Non o based on retirement. Thanks for the responses. If I apply for the tourist visa can I extend at any Immigration Office, and is the extension automatic? i.e. are there any grounds on which it can be refused? I’m rightly sceptical of Thai bureaucracy. I’ll be based in Hua Hin.

You can obtain 30 day extension to tourist visa entry.

No problem. 1900baht.

You apply at immigration where you stay. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, retayl said:

You would first apply for a non-o visa at your local immigration office.

Requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days from the visa you could apply for a one year extension.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You would first apply for a non-o visa at your local immigration office.

Requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days from the visa you could apply for a one year extension.

I’m only looking to stay for 3 months. If I travel with a 60 day tourist visa, (intending to obtain a 30 days extension) would the fact that my return flight is after 89 days affect my ability to enter Thailand?

3 hours ago, retayl said:

I’m only looking to stay for 3 months. If I travel with a 60 day tourist visa, (intending to obtain a 30 days extension) would the fact that my return flight is after 89 days affect my ability to enter Thailand?

It would not affect your ability to check in for your flight or enter Thailand. It might possibly (depending on your embassy) be a factor in whether your tourist visa application is accepted.

Seeking Current info on applying for O visa based on retirement while in TH.

Excuse me please if the answers are scattered over the site but I can't find them. Embassy info seems dated and I can't find the application form for this. 

When do I apply? And what is required?   

Arriving Chiang Mai visa exempt. US passport, over 50, 800K in Thai bank. 

Thanks all. 

Edited by amexpat
format

31 minutes ago, amexpat said:

Seeking Current info on applying for O visa based on retirement while in TH.

Excuse me please if the answers are scattered over the site but I can't find them. Embassy info seems dated and I can't find the application form for this. 

Thanks all. 

You should apply for your non O asap after arrival visa exempt.

Some info related to CM in this thread. 

Link for non O retirement requirements given by uj earlier in this thread

Edited by DrJack54

28 minutes ago, amexpat said:

Thanks all. 

You can apply for a non-o visa at immigration. You will need at least 21 days (Chiang MaI rule) remaining on your 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it. Requirments are here: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 day of the 90 days the visa will allow you can apply for a one year extension of stay.

On 8/24/2022 at 8:18 AM, sandyf said:

If you go to the E-visa webpage there is a popup that states the insurance requirements still in place from the 1st July.

Attention : From 1 July 2022, proof of quarantine hotel/hospital booking is no longer required. Health insurance(s) are required only for Special Tourist Visa (STV), and Long-Stay Visas (Non-Immigration OA and OX) applications.

So not for non O retirement applications.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:21 AM, SunsetT said:

So not for non O retirement applications.

On your application for your non O E-visa did you upload a statement to the effect Insurance was no longer required in line with the webpage guidance?

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 11:39 AM, retayl said:

I can vouch for HH immigration (go to the new big building) - they've always been super helpful to me. The staff downstairs when you arrive will ask you what the issue is, and if they can't do it themselves, then prep you for when you go upstairs to the movers and the shakers ????

On 8/24/2022 at 5:39 PM, retayl said:

Thanks for the responses. If I apply for the tourist visa can I extend at any Immigration Office, and is the extension automatic? i.e. are there any grounds on which it can be refused? I’m rightly sceptical of Thai bureaucracy. I’ll be based in Hua Hin.

The standard 30-day extension of the permission to stay from a tourist visa entry is the closest to a sure thing you will ever find at Thai immigration. There are grounds under which you could be denied on the day (for instance, dressed in a way immigration consider disrespectful or, more likely, not being able to show a TM30 notification was done). However, these are easily rectified, returning another day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

On your application for your non O E-visa did you upload a statement to the effect Insurance was no longer required in line with the webpage guidance?

I personally have not applied for this visa and my friend who recently did had already purchased and uploaded insurance thinking he needed it. In assisting my friend, I did get it confirmed by 2 emails from the RT Embassy, London that insurance is not required for this visa. I have seen a youtube advisory video saying that generally this is what one needs to do for documents demanded by the evisa website which are non-applicable. So I would think that is what one needs to do.

Edited by SunsetT

On 8/24/2022 at 8:54 AM, ubonjoe said:

He was applying for one based upon retirement.  It requires 90 days of medical insurance.

Not in London it doesn't. I queried this by email and was advised it was acceptable to upload a blank sheet. I actually uploaded a screen grab from the visa application site stating insurance was required for O-A and O-X (not imm-O) and was given the visa in just over 24 hours. This was in July. Just write "Not applicable" on a sheet of paper, turn it into a .jpg file and you are good to go.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Not in London it doesn't. I queried this by email and was advised it was acceptable to upload a blank sheet. I actually uploaded a screen grab from the visa application site stating insurance was required for O-A and O-X (not imm-O) and was given the visa in just over 24 hours. This was in July. Just write "Not applicable" on a sheet of paper, turn it into a .jpg file and you are good to go.

Interesting, I think this online E-Visa application service better straighten out its health insurance thing for Non O and be on the page with Embassy's,    

Edited by CANSIAM

24 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I personally have not applied for this visa and my friend who recently did had already purchased and uploaded insurance thinking he needed it. In assisting my friend, I did get it confirmed by 2 emails from the RT Embassy, London that insurance is not required for this visa. I have seen a youtube advisory video saying that generally this is what one needs to do for documents demanded by the evisa website which are non-applicable. So I would think that is what one needs to do.

Apologies, I misread your response as "not so" rather than the "So not" you posted.

One needs to do what is required on the E-visa application and the statement I posted came from that webpage. Some questions that appear may not apply as the page has been designed to cover different circumstances. If you wish to skip a question for such a reason the simplest solution is to write out a brief statement, take a photo and upload it. You need to upload something for every question or you cannot proceed to submission.

Apologies once again for my error.

• Like 1