90 Day Reporting Dates

I understand that you can report before the due date and after the due date, great they have flexibility.

My question is regardless if you report, before the due date, on the due date or after the due date, how is the next reporting date calculated? Is it calculated from the date you actually report or does the 90 day date remain the same? For example of you report 5 days later will that mean your next reporting date will be 90 days after that 5 day late report? 

Hopefully I've not made this top difficult to understand.

Thanks in advance as always.

1 hour ago, stament said:

For example of you report 5 days later will that mean your next reporting date will be 90 days after that 5 day late report? 

Yes.

However, this method will work for in person report only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Yes.

However, this method will work for in person report only.

Many thanks @DrJack54 @DrJoy @Lite Beer I have always reported in or before my due date before. However, I noticed if I stick to my exact she dates for the next two cycles it will take me to March 4th. However, I will leave the country on March 6th, hence the initial question.

Out of interest if my sue date was March 4th and I didn't report but left the country on March 6th without completing my 90 day reporting would that be a problem, and count as having failed to report on time? 

10 minutes ago, stament said:

Many thanks @DrJack54 @DrJoy @Lite Beer I have always reported in or before my due date before. However, I noticed if I stick to my exact she dates for the next two cycles it will take me to March 4th. However, I will leave the country on March 6th, hence the initial question.

Out of interest if my sue date was March 4th and I didn't report but left the country on March 6th without completing my 90 day reporting would that be a problem, and count as having failed to report on time? 

do one or both of the next 90 day report late that will take you date past the 4th March.

41 minutes ago, stament said:

It will not be a problem if you do not do the report before leaving. Your 90 day count resets it to zero when you leave the country. Your first report after returning will be due 90 days from the day you enter the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lite Beer said:

As the op mentioned reporting after the report date it was safe to assume that he was referring to reporting in person.

Sorry I should have made it clear in my original post, it relates to reporting in person, you are quite correct.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

90 days from the day you report.

Yes, this is correct. I have just reported online a week earlier than I needed to and I lost a week so to speak. The new starting date was 18th August instead of 25th August.

• Thanks 1

And another scenario, where you get less than 90 days.

I renewed online my 90 day report on Aug 5; my visa extension expires 12 Sep. My approved 90 day was only until 12 Sep, ie, 37 days. Maybe because I filled in the field where they ask for extension expiration date. This in not a required field -- and not sure why I filled it in..... Anyway, suggest you don't.

14 minutes ago, JimGant said:

And another scenario, where you get less than 90 days.

I renewed online my 90 day report on Aug 5; my visa extension expires 12 Sep. My approved 90 day was only until 12 Sep, ie, 37 days. Maybe because I filled in the field where they ask for extension expiration date. This in not a required field -- and not sure why I filled it in..... Anyway, suggest you don't.

The office you reported to did that. Many offices do that when doing it in person, by mail or online.

The online reporting system does not set your next report date.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stament said:

There is an outside chance that some picky immigration officer might spot the 2-day discrepancy when you submitted your first 90-day report after your return to Thailand. Not worth your while running even this small risk IMHO.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OJAS said:

There is an outside chance that some picky immigration officer might spot the 2-day discrepancy when you submitted your first 90-day report after your return to Thailand. Not worth your while running even this small risk IMHO.

I agree, I don't like to leave anything open to a chance of a black mark.  I am ultra-cautious hence my question today.  I will report a couple of days after each due date in September and December to bridge the 2 day shortfall, which will negate the need for a third visit.

Thanks all

7 minutes ago, stament said:

but I will be out of the country having failed to report on the due date.  

By a couple of days.

Will not cause an issue. 

Clearly you are going to make a 90 report so by all means make one. 

13 hours ago, Chris.B said:

From the day you report or the day your report is approved?

At jomtien, its 90 days from the day you report,if going in person.....so...if you report 5 days early ,you loose 5 days..

No point in going too many days early..

Last time at jomtien...i was only there 5 minutes...

1 hour ago, blackshadow said:

if your out of the country how can you report ???

It's more I am thinking will some eagle eyed officer see exceeded my set reporting date and didn't report. Regardless, I have my answer thanks all. I shall go a couple of days later than the reported date for my next two reports and that will take me past my departure date. Useful info, thanks all.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

By a couple of days.

Will not cause an issue. 

Clearly you are going to make a 90 report so by all means make one. 

I will, and it will be 2 not 3 which is better. ???? thanks to you and others confirming that the reporting date is 90 days from when you report in person, not the reporting date I currently have stamped. ????