Applied for METV 180 days online in UK but received Non-O 90 day Multiple Entry Tourist Visa

Hi all,

As the title says, I applied for what I thought would be a long stay Multiple Entry Tourist Visa online at the Royal Thai Embassy (in London I presume) costing 150 GBP.

Within 24 hours I received notification of approval and when I checked, I had been granted a 90 days Non-O multiple entry tourist visa commencing the day I enter Thailand.

Are METV still being issued?

Did they issue this type of visa because I just turned 50 years young and that they assume that I would be applying for a Retirement extension of stay?

If METV are available, how likely am I to have it replaced given I leave UK for Thailand next week and only have 1.5 days in London to visit the Embassy if required?

It appears you were issued a multiple entry non-o visa (it is not a tourist visa of any kind) based upon retirement.

If you are 50 or over I do not see any problem with using the non-o visa. You will get a new 90 day stay every time you use it to enter the country for one year from the day it was issued.

METV's are still being issued.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, QPRFC said:

Did they issue this type of visa because I just turned 50 years young and that they assume that I would be applying for a Retirement extension of stay?

Seems strange.

In any event I would regard it as a win. 

Is the visa valid for 12 months. 

Are you sure it's multiple entry. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You may want to post a scan of the visa sticker (after blacking out personally identifiable information), That will facilitate our being sure of what you have been given.

He will not have a visa sticker. He is using the e visa site and will receive his visa by email.

• Like 2

OP, as stated earlier this is a winner.

I'm not familiar with ME non O based on retirement. 

Have read previously that this is available from Savannakhet but have never read a report confirming that.

Of course ME non O based on marriage is very common.

As mentioned in earlier post this visa can effectively give a 15 month stay.

Can I ask your lotto numbers 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, QPRFC said:

I'm confused because the approval email states only 90 days validity but also mentions Non-O type.

Please see attached

Screenshot_20220829-115213_Gmail.jpg

As others have stated, this is a multiple entry Non O visa. I am extremely curious to know what you provided in terms of financial proof to get this visa. Years ago, in the UK, a multiple entry Non O on the basis of retirement was available on providing proof of being in receipt of a state pension. However, since you are only 51 years old, this cannot be the basis under which you were approved for such a visa. Did you by any chance provide a bank statement showing a large balance, say at least 20,000 UK pounds?

EDIT: This is potentially huge, providing an attractive alternative to a Non O-A visa, with many advantages, and the only disadvantage being 90 days rather than one year on entry to Thailand.

Edited by BritTim
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I'm delighted and this visa will definitely be extremely useful. 

I wanted a METV whilst I await for my Vietnam work permit to be approved....they have been asking for more and more information each time they assess my application....been dragging since mid-July.

BritTim, I did provide my savings account which does have £30k in it for the past 3 months.....sounds like this is the move to make! 

• Thanks 1